• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Domestic_Panda

Domestic_Panda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

First of all I have a question. Are they the same place since they are generally neighbors to each other.

Also, what experiences have you guys had at the two if they are separate. In terms of staff, field, paint, players, rental equipment for my friends, safety, and anything else. Quick replies please. Im heading out Saturday probably if anyone wants to join me

#2 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Theyre completely different fields. I'm bias as Im a member to LongLive and only go there, but with LongLive you have a much larger variety: speedball, woodsball, hyperball, a defend the bus field, a spools field. With PBA its just speedball, although I think they added another field as well, which is kind of like and evovled hyperball without being speedball.(That's the best way to explain it.) LongLive's prices are pretty good. Staff is great, safety great too.

Edited by XxLOPERSxX, 29 April 2012 - 05:57 PM.

My Setup- Spyder MR5 with an Invert Halo TOO and a Ninja 49/4500

#3 Domestic_Panda

Domestic_Panda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

Theyre completely different fields. I'm bias as Im a member to LongLive and only go there, but with LongLive you have a much larger variety: speedball, woodsball, hyperball, a defend the bus field, a spools field. With PBA its just speedball, although I think they added another field as well, which is kind of like and evovled hyperball without being speedball.(That's the best way to explain it.) LongLive's prices are pretty good. Staff is great, safety great too.

I'm mainly looking to play some speedball. Do you know if the speedball field is gonna be open for walk ons Saturday or are there usually teams at Long live

#4 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm mainly looking to play some speedball. Do you know if the speedball field is gonna be open for walk ons Saturday or are there usually teams at Long live

I don't normally play speedball so I'm not sure. You could become friends with them on Facebook and ask them.

#5 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

The Saturdays I've been there it's open to walkons. I've seen a few teams go on a Saturday. They usually go on Sundays. It's been great to cycle in with other players, walks ons and teams, for speedball

#6 GenePB

GenePB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

PBA is better for speedball, They have a better pro shop, there better on safety and the people can help you with gun problems. Also you can easily find scrimmages there and theres always like 2 or three walkon games on Sunday. At long live the bunkers are old and messed up it smells bad there and there's a lot of tics.

Edited by GenePB, 13 May 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#7 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

LongLive's speedball bunkers are old? Not from what I've seen.

#8 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

I like PBA better just because i like the atmosphere, most of the refs are cool people and most of the players are cool there as well, there are a few that do cheat and start fights but meh, a dime a dozen. Thats not to say LongLive is bad, ive just had bad experiences in the past when it was Fireball, and got way too used to PBA. Both are great, go to LongLive if you wanna play both woods and airball, if you want straight airball its all PBA if you ask me.

#9 XxLOPERSxX

XxLOPERSxX

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm just gonna say that LongLive is nothing like Fireball used to be. Safety is much better, and the refs are pretty cool for the most part.

#10 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm just gonna say that LongLive is nothing like Fireball used to be. Safety is much better, and the refs are pretty cool for the most part.

i know, i still play there, its a great field, i normally play pump there, but the horror stories i had when it was fireball you would probably never play there if you were in my shoes lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users