• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 casparvik

casparvik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

My parents are kind of getting to the point where they don't really want to pay me for yard work, it's almost my way of paying rent, it's what keeps me under the roof. So that way of making money won't really work. I am not old enough for a full time job yet, turned 15 in march.... I just need some tips to make that last 150 bucks for paintball gear. Hope that the TechPB community can help me with this.

Thanks,
Caspar
Posted Image

If duct tape, super glue or aspirin wont cure it You have got a problem OFFICIAL GOALIE OF SOCCER

#2 survivorspbteam

survivorspbteam

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

work for minimum wage at like walgreens or somthing for a couple of hours a day.
i rock a fx fusion

#3 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

If your parents won't pay for you, and getting a job is illegal you may have to put paintball on the back burner for a few months or years until you can make enough money to buy a setup

#4 casparvik

casparvik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

If your parents won't pay for you, and getting a job is illegal you may have to put paintball on the back burner for a few months or years until you can make enough money to buy a setup

Thanks, I have a decent setup, just looking to upgrade,
Posted Image

If duct tape, super glue or aspirin wont cure it You have got a problem OFFICIAL GOALIE OF SOCCER

#5 survivorspbteam

survivorspbteam

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

You do relize that you can legally work at the age of 14 right?
i rock a fx fusion

#6 casparvik

casparvik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Tell me where I sign up! Nobody in my town know when I can work.
Posted Image

#7 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

You do relize that you can legally work at the age of 14 right?

Depends on where you live.

Tell me where I sign up! Nobody in my town know when I can work.

Grass valley california? I live in california aswell and you can't legally work until 15 1/2 unless you have some permit or something. I'd just stick with whatever you have until you can get a job.

#8 poliuy

poliuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

At 14 you can get a permit to work from your high school. Go to the admin's desk or principals office and ask.

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

It is very unlikely that you will get hired at 15. You work less hours then if you were 16 (according to CA law).

#10 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I have to kind of build on what the guys above me said. Here in virginia you had to have some permit to work under the age of 16 and the hours and days you can work was severely limited. So I introduced myself to the owner of the company I now work for and made sure to leave him with a good impression and he asked me to reapply for a job when I turned 16. I've now been working there for almost a year (I'm 17) So my point in all this was you probably aren't going to get hired at 15 because of the limitations (I still have a ton of restrictions because of state laws because of my age) but make sure anytime you meet a potential employer to leave a good impression. As to how you could make that extra cash, maybe check around with your neighbors see if they need a pet walked or any handy man type things done i.e. weeding the flower bed, mowing their lawn, etc. Hope this helps man! Good luck earning that cash. :)

Edited by Justsomeguy, 30 April 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#11 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

My parents are kind of getting to the point where they don't really want to pay me for yard work, it's almost my way of paying rent, it's what keeps me under the roof. So that way of making money won't really work. I am not old enough for a full time job yet, turned 15 in march.... I just need some tips to make that last 150 bucks for paintball gear. Hope that the TechPB community can help me with this.

Thanks,
Caspar

So you live in cali, and in a place called "Grass" Valley? Bro, mow other peoples lawns, do other peoples yard work. If I know one thing about people in cali they love a clean yard, shouldn't be hard at all.

#12 ic3man211

ic3man211

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

you canget a work permit from your school. finding a simple minimum wage job will still be hard but you have a better shot with a permit.
Posted Image

#13 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

If you already have gear just go out and have fun man you wont have the best of the best until you can get a "real" job... Just hold tight until you can work for now just have fun? Also check out mom and pop shops no companies will hire under 18 but the small family run stores sometimes just need weekend workers but that would also make it hard to play paintball...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#14 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I usually ask my parents for money to go somewhere and keep the change, takes a long time for it to build up but its the easiest way to make money for me. And I'm applying for jobs this summer so dont call me lazy! :D

#15 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Get less expensive stuff and don't play as often until you can get a real job. If you're struggling to get $150, you won't be playing that often.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#16 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

I mow lawns. I can get about two or three done a month in the summer.I am twelve, and that usually lets me go to the park once a month w/ about twenty bucks left over. Just dont be very picky about your job, especially if you need money fast or you need alot of it. Also, do something that nobody else does much. If there are no kids that walk dogs in your area, be a dog walker.

#17 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

mow lawns, walk dogs, rake lawns, babysit.
You could work under the table too, if you find a small family owned buisness.

Just because you aren't old enough to be on payroll doesn't mean you aren't old enough to work.

#18 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

I have a low mowing business actually I make good money, but you could just mow small yards with your parents pushmower and weedeat. Do a good job and the word will spread. Reasonable prices $25 mow each yard once a week. You don't need a car to do this. Easy money and you can do it. But do a good job. :D

#19 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Just because you aren't old enough to be on payroll doesn't mean you aren't old enough to work.

Are you saying he should cheat uncle Sam out of his hard earned tax dollars! Shame on you!

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#20 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Are you saying he should cheat uncle Sam out of his hard earned tax dollars! Shame on you!

Meh, uncle sam will get my money later. For now, it is mine.

#21 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

If you do something like mowing lawns or walking dogs, make sure you handle it professionally. Like offer a more expensive service for the lawn care and do everything. Trim the yard, try to find a used push fertilizer spreader and spread some scotts turf builder on their yard and charge them more than what the fertilizer costs you. Don't miss spots, make sure they're satisfied, and you'll keep getting money. If you build up a good reputation in your neighborhood you could easily make 100-150 dollars a week as long as you're doing whatever you do, well. It's good practice for later in life entreperneurship.

#22 Deadsatyr

Deadsatyr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Umpire little league games. I'm 15 and I can make $225 a week, tax free. Easy work, pretty fun too.

#23 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Umpire little league games. I'm 15 and I can make $225 a week, tax free. Easy work, pretty fun too.

Are you serious? We make like $40 bucks a game...

#24 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I ref soccer games in the fall for $18 maybe $20 a game on the weekends

#25 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have a low mowing business actually I make good money, but you could just mow small yards with your parents pushmower and weedeat. Do a good job and the word will spread. Reasonable prices $25 mow each yard once a week. You don't need a car to do this. Easy money and you can do it. But do a good job. :D

This. Figure:

1 yard = 1 hour
1 hour = $25

$25/hour and I dought you will go through so much gas to even consider that a factor.

#26 iCantSnapShoot

iCantSnapShoot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hyvee 4-8
Feedback: 6/0/0 Look at my Youtube! Systematic Chaos Obey Murdertron Adventure Park Paintball

#27 goalie33

goalie33

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Idk if u like/Play hockey, I am a ice hockey ref and get paid 55bucks a game(1game=bout and hour and 15)
It's good easy money and helps you skate and get more ice time
Sexy Like New Ego 11: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=177573
Gorgeous Limited Edition PGA Inked NT 11: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=177575
FEEDBACK+1/0/0

#28 benj921

benj921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

I would just find a place were you could do yard work. I get enough money for that to go paintballing every weekend

#29 ADPedro77

ADPedro77

Your Friendly Latino

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

LMAO!!!!

I Don't Care If You're Under 18 And Pay For Your Gear, I'm 21 And My Mom AND GIRLFRIEND Buy Me Paintball Gear. (I HAVE a Job ;) )

#30 waverunner94

waverunner94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

I remember when i was younger i would ask my friends parents a lot if they would pay me to do the things that their kids wouldn't do for money. I would make about $50 to help clean up the house, etc.

#31 fieldblazer

fieldblazer

P1c7ur35 4r3 4 n00b5, 4nd n0n-l337 sp34k3r5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well, one could make the argument that since he has no voting rights, why should he have to pay for the programs he never voted for? The same principle was used to lower the voting age to 18 in the USA.

To the OP, just as everyone here has said, mow lawns. No one, I mean no one, likes to mow their lawn for free. No one. Present yourself professionally, and do good work, you will get paid. Also, for random cash you may want, hold signs for businesses. When i want quick cash, I choose a saturday or Sunday and hold a sign for eight hours. I'm their best holder right now, so they pay me extra(ten/hr). I dance like a boss. Plus, if you do well, you get some hilarious kicks out of it. Its actually super fun. I had metal going in my earbuds, and was headbanging. This little old lady drives up in a Rav4, looks at me, and starts headbanging and throws the rock sign at me with her tongue out. HILARIOUS!

Pump/stock class Club, Budget Baller Clan, Vulcan Flock president, Tippmann Clan, I have a Cat club, Skinny Ballers Club, Fit Ballers club, WMW's!!!!!, Christian Baller Club
If you wake up to Techpb put this in your sig!

#32 Suit

Suit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Pull out the lawn mower and go around the neighborhood asking. 10 bucks a yard, for a small one. Maybe 3 or 4 a day. However, if it really doesn't work out, always put real life before paintball. Your education is much more important then something you do on the weekends.

#33 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

i never got paid for yard work. it was just expected that i do it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users