8 replies to this topic

#1 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

alright my fellow budget ballers, i have decided to create my own home made leg holster for my Piranha USP pistol and while i'm at it i figured i would share how i plan to do this. now i know that this guide is for the USP, however this guide can be adapted for any of the older paintball pistols out there. note that a holster that already fits your gun will be required for this project. we will be simply modding it to attact at the leg rather than at the hip on a belt.

here is the list of tools ill be using/ you'll need:

measuring devises: ruler/yard stick, AND measuring tape (tailor's tape)
Scisors
Marking Device: pen/marker (pencil will not work for most of the work)
straight edge
Sewing needle and thread.

NOW, onto the materials that will be used.

First you will need to choose a material for the base of the holster platform. (you can use any heavy weight materail you want the heavier/ stiffer the better)

ive chosen to use some buffalo leather that i have lying around as my base.

next you will need an old airsoft pistol holster (you will see why, later on.) if you cant get one of these, then you will need some sew on velcro tabs and some extra web strapping.

also you will need a 2 inch wide web strap about a foot worth give or take (bigger ppl will need more than smaller ppl) and the buckles that go with it.

you will need a smaller size web strap for the leg straps. width is up to you. i will be isng either half inch or one inch, whichever works better.

now that we have our materials list, we can begin!

*note* this guide will be updated as i progress myself in the project. so expect minor delays here and there. plese be patient and enjoy!! *note*

alright im back and ready to begin.

*note* i will be using my own measurments in the examples, now i am of average build (5' 5" 130lbs) so if you are of similar size you may be able to use my measurements for your holster however i recommend jsut measuring yourself anyway. *note*

Step one: using your tailor's measuring tape, wrap it around your thigh and make a note of that measurment. then divide that number by 2.

this is the length of your leg platform.

my numbers were 20, so my leg platform will be 10 inches long. take a piece of paper and mark the center of your holster length. (also make a fold along this point)

Posted Image

next fold your paper lengthwise. this give you the center point of your platform. also mark this with a pencil/marker.

Posted Image

now its time to make a critical decision, how tall you are going to make your platform. this is all a matter of personal preference, however too tall will impair your movement, and too small will result in a platform that isnt very sturdy. so choose wisely.

ive chosen to go with 6 inches. so now that you have your height decided, we divide that number in 2, and make evenly spaced marking on either side of your pattern.

the easyest way to do this is to take your ruler and set the halfway point right on your center line like this:

Posted Image

then take a straight edge and draw a line across for each side.

once that's done, connect the lines on either side and cut alone those lines and fold length wise again.

starting at the fold, draw and cut an arc at both ends (this will help prevent the emds from catching too much) you can use a comass to do this but its not required, just get them close.

Posted Image
Posted Image

after cutting

Posted Image

alright, thats it for the paper pattern. now we are ready to begin actual construction of the leg holster!

all you have to do from here is trace and cut this patter on the materials you will be using for your holster.

at the moment i cant find the leather i had originally planned on using for this project so i will be using some waterproof backed denim like material i had left ofer from my ghillie suit project as well as some "Pullon" brand extra firm backing from walmart to give it some extra support. i dont yet know how many layers on the pullon i will use likely between 3-4 layers of pullon, 2 laywers of waterproof denim and finally a inner layer of Faux Leather to give the leg platforn some "bite" so it doesnt slide around as much againts my pant leg.

ok here are the 6 pieces i will be using. i may be adding another green piece at the back but i haven't decided yet.
Posted Image

now for the remainder of this guide the white material will be referred to as "filler" because i know im spelling it wrong lol

now arrange the pieces like this:

Posted Image

thanks for looking!

Mephisto

Edited by etekgirl27, 20 June 2012 - 01:34 AM.

"and if your boys and my boys ever meet on the field in a gunfight... we will fuck you up."

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#2 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

instructions have started guys. take a look and follow along!!
"and if your boys and my boys ever meet on the field in a gunfight... we will fuck you up."

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#3 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

yet another update!!! this is coming along smoothly indeed!!

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#4 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

updated again. almost ready to start sewing!

on a side note, does anyone know why my OP keeps turning onto a giant block of text when i edit it with updates?? now the older pics arent ebdedding right, soo.... what do i do about that?

thanks for looking guys!!

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#5 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

ok so new we can take a break from the actual leg platform to start on all of the furniture that will be needed for this projet. the first two things we will worry about are the leg straps to hold it in place, and the belt strap that holds the leg holster in place.

first cut 2 lengths of weebing about 4 inches or so each and feed them through the female ends of the small buckles you have and pin them in place like so

Posted Image

then sew the ends shut.

now onto the hip strap. cut a length of webbing about 15 inches long (you will want a wide piece of webbing for this. mine is 2 inches wide)
be sure to burn the ends shut so it doesnt fray. and then fold it into thirds like this:
Posted Image

and press the ends together firmly (so you can see a crease in it.) then unfold it now working from left to right: sew on some velcrow patches starting with a "loop" patch. then beside it sew another "loop" patch, leaving just enough gap to let the strap fold over easily.

Posted Image

Edited by Mephisto, 02 May 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#6 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

hey guys i wanted to to apologize for my lack of updates. i was trying to get at lease one update a day but i got busy the last couple of days and havent had time to work on this. i will try to have another update up around midnight or so.
again sorry for any delays.

mephisto

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#7 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

ok so the last piece of velcrow that we need to add to the hip strap is added on the reverse side of the strap. this is on the same end as the last piece of "hook" velcro. you need to sew it about an ench away from the end. now this will mean you have to sew thrrough the velcro on the reverse side, and while not easy, it is possible. just take your time with it.

here is what it should look like.

Posted Image

now the hip strap is done. flip it over so the 3 pieces of velcro are facing up. and slip one end of your large buckle onto the strap so the buckle is facing down like this:

Posted Image

then just fold the strap up, starting with the left side
Posted Image

then the right.
Posted Image
and now its ready to use!

next up the holster mount!!

stay tuned ,
mephisto

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#8 Mephisto

Mephisto

Team Inhuman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

ok guys i am back with another update. the first thing i did to the actual holster is taken it apart and added the velcro strap from the back of my airsoft pistol holster and added the web strap that holds the gun down.

both pieces of velcro were removed. along with the smaller strap at the bottom
Posted Image

this is the strap that holds the gun in the holster, the long strap will be sewn to the back of the holster while for smaller piece with the snap will be put on the front.
Posted Image

here the velcro has been added to my holster (it's added to the back)
Posted Image

and here the strap has been added to the back just above where the velfro was sewn
Posted Image

this is a piece of extra fabric thats is swen to the inside of the holster (it'll be coved up so it dont worry about the color) this is where the ofter side of the snap will be put for the other end of the pistol strap.
Posted Image

Posted Image
My Feedback link +2/-0

#9 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,946 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

free up. any more updates to this? i would love to see a final project

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic