7 replies to this topic

#1 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

My son just purchased an ETEK 3 AM - I am hoping for some tuning advice… I have an AXE and love it, I installed a BOSS V2 bolt, yellow (middle tension) spring and an underbore barrel - then adjusted the dwell down to 5 ms and pressure down from 200 to 150 psi. The differences are profound; loudness, smoothness, efficiency etc...

I was able to find a .681 Shaft 3 back for the ETEK, can I adjust the dwell and pressure on the ETEK and get anything like the same differences I noticed with my AXE?

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Its impossible to get them anywhere near each-other, if it bothers him take it back to the store. But as far as tuning goes, set the dwell to 11 and the LPR 2 and a half turns from flush, it will give the shot a little less of a snap to it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Its impossible to get them anywhere near each-other, if it bothers him take it back to the store. But as far as tuning goes, set the dwell to 11 and the LPR 2 and a half turns from flush, it will give the shot a little less of a snap to it.

I think it bother ME more than him...just wondering if some tuning will help? Again, thank you for your good advise.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Not really, you can make the shot a little softer but its not like you can take an Etek 3 and make it spool smooth. If the Ego 11 cant be as smooth as the Axe the Etek will be miles off regardless of what you do to it, try the settings I suggested and see if you can feel the difference.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

On my Etek I went four turns in on the LPR and 13.5 dwell. Thats just me mainly because I dont have a need to shoot 8 pods a games.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#6 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Thank you for the info - are you using an underbore or stock barrel?

My Markers:

#7 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

i use the stock barrel with a dwell of 12.5, and the LPR 2.5 turns in from flush

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#8 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

i use the stock barrel with a dwell of 12.5, and the LPR 2.5 turns in from flush

I'm hoping the tighter barrel makes a differance.

My Markers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users