Bi-Annual Scenario Paintball Event
BYO Paint, Marker, Air and Food & Water
We will have an onsite chronograph(s) for safety
June 9th,2010, 10:00am (Game Day)
For additional info, driving directions,comments or questions, please contact:
Sean ~ Climber76@msn.com
Event Introduction/Safety Briefing/GamesOverview/Team Selection
Theme: Enecate Cadavera Animantia!! (Destroy the Living Dead!!)
War has raged on over years in Elk Meadow, withneither side successfully eradicating the other to gain a foothold, however,conventional warfare has given way to usage of biological agents being releasedupon the valley by an unknown third faction. These toxins have inadvertent sideeffects, causing those who are exposed to its airborne presence to becomere-animated after exposure. After becoming aware of the re-animatedcorpses of their fallen comrades, as well the opposition, a group of survivorsfrom both factions joins forces and must reach an extraction party from wellbehind enemy lines.
Zombie Rules Alterations: “Zombies” can only be killedwith a headshot. A headshot is considered any shot from the collar bone upwardsfor this effect to take place. If a zombie shoots a survivor, the survivor mustannounce “out” and walk out of sight from other survivors and sit upon theground for thirty seconds. During this time period, the new “zombie” will tie adesignated colored band to their arm to designate their role as a newly formedzombie.
“Original” zombies will have aseverely reduced ammo capacity and are not allowed to run. Newly formed zombieswill have whatever ammo they were carrying on initial insertion. If a zombie isheadshot, they will walk to their respawn flag, wipe off their paint and walkback to the excursion.
There will be NO teams drawnfor this event as the idea behind the event is survivors are comprised of bothfactions historically represented by Elk Meadow. Draws will only be forsurvivors and undead, respectively.
TeamDeathmatch (Initial skirmish/warm up)
Two 15 minute rounds.
The survivors must reach the CDC extractionvehicle. CDC extraction will not be initiated for no less than three (3)survivors. Game will end when either two survivors remain, a surviving team ofthree or more members reach the extraction vehicle or time expires. Thesurvivors will begin at the base of Mount Doom and follow a two checkpointroute towards CDC extraction site. Round is 30 minutes. This event will be tworounds, with randomly drawn undead participants.
The survivors must withhold an undeadsiege on their vehicle until the CDC extraction team arrives. If they areunable to survive the time allotted, the CDC has made it clear that the areawill be thermally eradicated from above in order to neutralize the undeadthreat. If any of the undead are capable of pulling both extraction vehicleflags, the round is considered over. Round is 30 minutes. This event will betwo rounds, with randomly drawn survivor participants.
Team Deathmatch (Final skirmish)
Two 15 minute rounds.
Main Game Rules and Responsibilities:
1. Teams will be random chip draw, unlessotherwise specified for event scenario.
2. While you are allowed to swap chips to theopposing side, we do not encourage this as team stacking will likely affectmorale if done in excess. If you would like to play with a couple of buddies orwith a family member, please ask prior to drawing your chip where immediateopinions can be gathered and arrangements can be made.
3. We encourage the implementation of teamtactics. Radios, etc are more than welcomed.
4. We utilize what we call “Military Hit” forcounting a paintball hit. From your elbows up and your knees up, ANY hit thatbreaks on your person is counted as an out for you. Gun hits are not counted.Ball bounces are also not counted.
5. If you are shot, but cannot tell, you may becalled for a paint check by your enemy. This is a few moments of “truce”between the two of you while you and your enemy check your person for a validpaint hit. It is customary, if no valid hit is present, to allow the both ofyou to return to a safe spot before resuming firing.
6. Please use the honor system. If you arecaught deliberately wiping a non-contested hit (say a shot to the face) inorder to circumvent going to a re-spawn point, you may not be asked back nexttime.
7. There are no limits/restrictions on“paintball weaponary” brought to Elk Meadow events. If you play with a pump, asa sniper, as field reporter, mortar team, etc…we will attempt to accommodateyou. As such, we fully allow Semi, Ramping, and Full Auto settings on yourmarkers, as well. This includes Mobile Mortars, Grenades, Tanks, RocketLaunchers, etc. We only ask that discretion be used to prevent soured feelingsor injury, in a worst case scenario. It’s your gear, it’s your responsibility.
8. There willbe a 15 minute break in between rounds and a cease fire will be called. This isa HARD 15 minute break. ALL players are required to leave the field back tocamp. Players are to “re-spawn” back into game via HQ when break is over.
Ironman is the time honored final hurrah of theElk Meadow event. This is a no hits count, no holds barred offense vs defensegame to end the day of any possible frustrations or ill feelings. And if you'vehad a victorious day, what better way to end it then this. A well protecteddefensive position will be pre-determined and a flag will be placed in thecenter. A purely volunteer team will step forward to protect it. Do not shyaway if offense outnumbers the defenders...there is more glory in winning theevent being outnumbered then not. The objective for the offensive team is tosimply knock over the flag in the time allotted.
Each player will be allowed:
1 standard full hopper.
1 pod (no more then 140rd) as backup.
The game will have a 25 minute time limit.
Game Hosts will make a call, based on the teamallocation, player count and morale if Riot Shields will be brought in to helpwith the offensive team during the last 10 minutes of the game.
For your protection:
Again, no hits count. The only mercy you will beafforded is if you exit to the sidelines. This is the same for both offensiveand defensive players. Sidelines will be strictly enforced. If you are foundplaying outside of the boundaries, you will be asked to leave the game.
A. Masks are to be worn at ALL times on fielduntil cease fire is called.
B. Markers WILL be chrono’d between 280-300prior to game start. It is encouraged to rechrono after tank changes and laterin the afternoon.
C. Markers WILL be rechrono’d if a complaint ofa gun firing hot is brought to the attention of any of the hosts. We don’t wantanyone hurt out there.
D. Any life threatening injuries on the fieldwill result in immediate event shut down. It’s just paintball. Get that personsome medical attention, STAT.
E. Any minor physical injuries will likelyinvolve a temporary cease fire to help the injured and crew off the field.
F. Surrender rules are in effect – If yousurprise someone at less then 10ft, please offer them a moment to “surrender”.Yell Surrender and count to 3. If they refuse, attempt to fire on you, orattempt to run…engage.
G. If you are hit, it is YOUR responsibility tomake it known. You are strongly encouraged to yell out “I’m hit”, wave yourhand as you lower your weapon. Walking out of the field with your hand on yourhead or in the air also limits possible surprise shots in your direction.
H. Do NOT start fights…verbal or physical.NOTHING happens out here remotely strong enough to warrant such hostility on afellow player. If you are approached by a game host for such actions, you willbe politely asked to leave the field. Additional hostilities, we’ll ask you toleave the event altogether. Failure to do so will result in your not beinginvited back again. Your actions will be used as future examples of what not todo.
Words ofWisdom from previous Elk Meadow events:
1. Personal responsibility. LEARN IT! You areresponsible for the safety of your weapon, your gear, and yourself.
2. If you encounter a problem, TELL US! We donot appreciate drama queens that rather storm off in a hail of dust then totell us they happened to get bonus balled in the last round. People talk,reputations are made. We like happy players to keep coming back, so let us knowwhat happened and be willing to work with us for a resolution.
3. You get what you paid for. Entry fee to ElkMeadow has been and always will be ZERO.
4. You don't want your vehicle shot, don't parkit on the field.
5. If you cannot take several rounds at tenfeet, DO NOT RUSH THE BUNKER IN IRONMAN!! However, pictures of your stupidityare always welcomed afterwards.
6. If you are unable to lock your attitude awayback at camp, we'd strongly encourage you to rethink your attendance with us.
7. What happens on the field, STAYS on thefield. If you got balled walking back to a respawn point, it was an accident.Let it go.
8. Ironman is strictly volunteer! However, peerpressure usually ends up getting us a full roster anyway. It will be somethingyou remember. Give it a try.
9. Round breaks and lunch break is there for areason. Some of us are there from sun up to sun down. Be prepared for some downtime and enjoy.
10. The event is what you make of it. Have fun.We're all trying to do the same. And please...be respectful of the hosts.
Sean - Main Event Focal.
Overall event feedback, discussion, complaints,etc.
Kenny - Safety Coordinator
Safety concerns, feedback, complaints, etc.
Kory – Game Coordinator
Game suggestions, feedback, complaints, etc.
We all would like to remind you that this ispublic land and a recreational area for our fellow Idahoans. If you pack it in,please pack it out.
The Elk Meadow Conflict XIII (June 8th & 9th, 2012)
No replies to this topic
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users