• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 desertrat423

desertrat423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Okay i just got back into PB after a 10 yr break and picked up a mini about 4 months ago. I havent had any problems with the marker mechanically (once the solenoid got stuck). but the problem i am having the more i play is the mini is well, too mini for me. im 6'2 and i feel a little cramped holding it. i have to loop my thumb through the trigger guard to hold it right and that causes probems when walking the trigger. so i think i want to pick up something new in a more traditional size (if that makes sense).

i can comfortably spend 500-700 and maybe push a little higher if needed and the wife wont notice :rolleyes:
im still doing a lot of research most of the brands have changed since i was in pb so im a little clueless. i though a little about picking up a used ego8 or dm8 but im hesitant about buying used. i see to many people abusing there stuff and i dont want to buy a clunker off ebay. i meticulously maintain my equipment and think i would have a hard time finding a used gun up to my standards

so any recommendations on new markers in that price range. primarly play semi-auto

#2 G3owner34

G3owner34

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

a dangerous power g3 all the way. the reg is pushed way forward so a big handed guy won't have many problems with it. in a higher price range, you can get a shocker or one of the other dangerous power markers like an F8. You can get a vice or protege too. So if you're looking to go a little inexpensive the G3 ftw but the best gun of the group is definitely the vice

97.3% of teens would die if HK said it was "uncool" to breathe. Put this in your sig if you would be one of the 2.7% of teens who would die laughing.
DYE Ultralite F/S/T
"Fighting with a mod; like fighting a cop, you're not going to win....so don't waste your effort or breath" Hpjunkie

#3 murk_da_mask

murk_da_mask

Herp Derp Boston Bawllah Derp Herp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

you could get an etek2 with star frame zick kit and cure 2 bolt and that would do you good but the ego 8 and the DM8 are both good choices you could buy from the BST on pbnation...thats the only reason why i use PBN anyways...prices are guud there but dont let them try to spike up prices on you cuz of thier "upz" talk em down a minimum of at least 20 bux unless its a really good price

Posted Image

Setup:Etek 3 LT,68/45 ninja,rotor,dye i4
~.:Team KaSL:.~
Field: Boston Paintball Indoor
Xbox live Gamertag: PeterxEast

#4 Lazyazzmofo2795

Lazyazzmofo2795

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

No not the G3. If you want knew get a vice/09 PMR, Used i would say 08 ego/Dm8

#5 panterajim

panterajim

one bad mutha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

get a proto pm8 for 575 its made by dye and shoots beter than the dm8, to solve the problem with putting ur thumb through the trigger guard try putting ur thumb around the top of the gun in front of the feedneck. i had to do this when i used a mini and it feels more comfy

#6 desertrat423

desertrat423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

The more i look around the more i start to like the look of the vice. i just wish my local pb store stocked them so i could get a feel for it. unfortunatly his stock is low and due to the poor economy right now he doesnt have a lot of stock. he just has minis, ions and a few tippys he can order one for me but if im going to drop 700 i want to make sure i like it first.

i tried the thumb up and it wasnt to bad but for some reason when i switch to lefty it felt really odd. maybe a little more practice will help. i think ill troll the f/s ads and look for a deal too, im not in a rush dont want to impulse buy something i will hate in the long run. thanks for the help so far guys

#7 G3owner34

G3owner34

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

The more i look around the more i start to like the look of the vice. i just wish my local pb store stocked them so i could get a feel for it. unfortunatly his stock is low and due to the poor economy right now he doesnt have a lot of stock. he just has minis, ions and a few tippys he can order one for me but if im going to drop 700 i want to make sure i like it first.

i tried the thumb up and it wasnt to bad but for some reason when i switch to lefty it felt really odd. maybe a little more practice will help. i think ill troll the f/s ads and look for a deal too, im not in a rush dont want to impulse buy something i will hate in the long run. thanks for the help so far guys

Do any guys at your local field have one? If so, they will probably be cool with letting you shoot a pod or so through it as long as it's your paint

97.3% of teens would die if HK said it was "uncool" to breathe. Put this in your sig if you would be one of the 2.7% of teens who would die laughing.
DYE Ultralite F/S/T
"Fighting with a mod; like fighting a cop, you're not going to win....so don't waste your effort or breath" Hpjunkie

#8 desertrat423

desertrat423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

ill have to pay more attention next week when i go. i dont usually look at what the other guys are using

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users