• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 paintballkid2

paintballkid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hey, guys I will be going to a big game this weekend and wanted a new hopper before then. I wanted a pinokio and tried calling just about everywhere to see if they had any and every plave I called was out of stock. Do you guys think I should buy a rotor instead.<BR><BR>My friends are saying to get a pinokio because it is the easiest on paint, but I can't find any for this weekend. They also say that the rotor chops cheap paint, is this true and I don't really use cheap paint.<BR>

You can look at it all you want on way your back to the staging area after getting hit by a wall of paint from my Victory =)

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Go to the big game, event>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new gear.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hey, guys I will be going to a big game this weekend and wanted a new hopper before then. I wanted a pinokio and tried calling just about everywhere to see if they had any and every plave I called was out of stock. Do you guys think I should buy a rotor instead.<BR><BR>My friends are saying to get a pinokio because it is the easiest on paint, but I can't find any for this weekend. They also say that the rotor chops cheap paint, is this true and I don't really use cheap paint.<BR>

http://www.ansgear.com/Pinokio_PL230_400_Paintball_Hopper_Smoke_p/pinokioloadersmoke.htm + 1 day shipping = Here before weekend, check on Craigslist as well.

#4 medinatheking

medinatheking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Look into the empire prophecy z2 if u can't find the pinokio!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by medinatheking, 02 May 2012 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image
"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."
-Sun Tzu

#5 paintballkid2

paintballkid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Go to the big game, event>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new gear.

They don't have any good loaders at the field, I was there last month. They don't focus on selling equipment.

You can look at it all you want on way your back to the staging area after getting hit by a wall of paint from my Victory =)

#6 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

Any super loader is good, I like them all. I personally like the rotor and pinokio the best. Check craigslist, I've seen them go for about $70-80.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

They don't have any good loaders at the field, I was there last month. They don't focus on selling equipment.

Thats not what I'm saying. Your putting off playing paintball to buy gear, the whole point of having stuff is to use it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is adjust the torque on your Rotor, which isn't rocket science, to make it shoot any type of paint including reballs. I've done this on my gf's Rotor and it works perfectly. There's too much Rotor hate if you ask me. It's overpriced that's for sure which is why I told my gf I would buy it used. It's a proven design and there's a reason why people pay the premium to own one.

That said,
I own and play with the Prophecy Z2. It's different and has it's own perks. However, to me the Rotor has a more durable design. Hope this helps.

#9 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thats not what I'm saying. Your putting off playing paintball to buy gear, the whole point of having stuff is to use it.

No, he is going this weekend to the game, and also wants a new loader for it. He isn't putting it off.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#10 pb2012

pb2012

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Love my rotor I have used many different qualities of paint. I have put Ultra Evil, Marbalizers, RPS Premium, Diablo Heat, Empire Custom Blend, and even shitty US Army paint and it has never chopped or jammed. It is also extremly durable (probably the most durable loader out there). I do highly recommend it.

PS: you don't happen to mean the Giant Big Game XXII at Splat Tag in Hudson Wisconsin do you? If so I will probably see you there as I am going to head over there for that.

#11 paintballkid2

paintballkid2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Love my rotor I have used many different qualities of paint. I have put Ultra Evil, Marbalizers, RPS Premium, Diablo Heat, Empire Custom Blend, and even shitty US Army paint and it has never chopped or jammed. It is also extremly durable (probably the most durable loader out there). I do highly recommend it.

PS: you don't happen to mean the Giant Big Game XXII at Splat Tag in Hudson Wisconsin do you? If so I will probably see you there as I am going to head over there for that.

No I am not talking about that big game. I'm going to the one this weekend at Liberty Paintball in Patterson, NY. Thanks for the advice though!!

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Prophecy or pinokio. Rotor's are good too. If you can't find one, you COULD get a Halo if you have nothing else but a grav fed hopper.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

QFT
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#14 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

http://www.ansgear.com/Pinokio_PL230_400_Paintball_Hopper_Smoke_p/pinokioloadersmoke.htm + 1 day shipping = Here before weekend, check on Craigslist as well.

I'd do this.

#15 Squirt

Squirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Get a Z2 i love mine

#16 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Buy the Rotor, you will be happy you did... We have two, replaced two Halo Too hopper, both of them broke. The Rotor is bullet proof and works well, has a lower profile, easy to clean, service and change batteries. There is a reason they hold their value so well.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users