• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Borgar11

Borgar11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

I just decided i use way to much paint when i realized i go into every game with at least 7 pods and usually go through 4-5 pods every match. But then again i do play back or mid so i feel like for a back player thats not that much any thoughts.
Dm11/Vanguard Creed owner.

#2 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

My field is $90/case and me being 13... I can only afford to shoot like a bag a day. There is another field that has $45 paint but the field sucks.

#3 Borgar11

Borgar11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

well i buy my paint at my local paintball shop so its like $45 for good solid paint no way im paying what my field charges all the cases are like $20 extra for example my field charges $80 for evil were as my local store only charges $60 so dose not make much sense to me to buy at a field BUT that said it also means i have to buy two cases at least before i go so i dont run out. the sad part is i still sometimes run out /cry.

#4 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

well i buy my paint at my local paintball shop so its like $45 for good solid paint no way im paying what my field charges all the cases are like $20 extra for example my field charges $80 for evil were as my local store only charges $60 so dose not make much sense to me to buy at a field BUT that said it also means i have to buy two cases at least before i go so i dont run out. the sad part is i still sometimes run out /cry.

THe $90 paint at mine is Premium...

#5 Borgar11

Borgar11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

LOL sorry thats kind of sad premium hear is around $50

#6 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

LOL sorry thats kind of sad premium hear is around $50

Yeah but premium is ok so at least it's not like White Box lol. The fields IMO are worth it for the price.... http://www.hivipaint...ds_outdoor.html

#7 cali penguin

cali penguin

Sophomore baller (EHS)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

i've never had to use 3 pods during a speedball game but i'd suggest you only put down cover paint when needed.
1. lane one spot(10seconds)
2.cover front player from a key bunker so he can move up(10)
3.make your own move .(after 20 seconds)
= less paint used
speaking for the mid player in you. Posted ImageGL
If you've never been on PBN and NEVER will, put this on your sig! TECHPB 4 LIFE.
Posted Image
GOTTA have balls to rock a pinokio! It doesn't hurt to have a barrel too.
Empire Axe Owner

#8 Coastermaniac

Coastermaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Usually burst firing will help you save paint while still keeping guys in their bunkers you don't really need a constant stream.Also random bursts are more difficult to predict than a stream.Also move up faster then you usually do, this will also help

#9 NeyugN

NeyugN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Ive learned from experience that pooling paint with your teammates will be the best thing to do when it comes to paint consumption. Getting in the habit of NOT shooting a lot as a back player is not a good idea. If you start holding back and only shooting like 2-3 pods + a hopper every point, you will have that same mentality when going to an event. You have to shoot the right amount to play your position correctly. When pooling paint with the team, since the front players use less paint and the back players use more, if everyone pitches in lets say a case, everyone will be able to shoot their acceptable paint amount. Everyone does their jobs, and no one is out more money than the next.

#10 evan15549

evan15549

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

my field is $55 for premium... but I'm still too poor so i use pump :P i spent $15 between saturday and sunday (season pass) on sharing a bag between the days.

#11 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

My field is $60 a case for a case of Draxxus Field.... Lol. It's awful paint.

I go to academy and buy RPS Premium for $55 and it's a thousand times better. Spend $5 less to shoot much better paint? Fuck yes.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#12 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

2 cases a game day. It doesn't matter how much paint you shoot, it matters how many people you hit!
109.gif

#13 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

And the real answer is what are you doing that day? If I go out to play rec ball on speedball or airball, I tend to one ball and only shoot a stream when I think I need to hit someone that moment. If I'm playing with my team at a practice, I'll shoot more. If I'm at an actual team scrimmage or tournament? I rarely stop shooting from the start of the game until either I'm shot or their last guy is shot.

The difference in how useful you are between 1-2 pods a game and 4-5 pods a game isn't really all that much, however it is DOES help. In a tournament every single bit helps so you're going to shoot that. For normal rec play it's not worth it to me... depends on your financial situation.
Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#14 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

simply play front, i use MAX 2-3pods + loader in a game and i even think i shoot a decent amount of paint. carry less pods, comunicate more, shoot when necessary ( you dont have to 12.5 ramp for 3minutes on a guy thats behind his bunker for exemple ) you are not playing any major event. or how some already may tought, play pump!

Edited by m4ndark, 10 May 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#15 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

carry less paint, run 2 or 3 pods on your back. you will quickly find yourself using less.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#16 jsgmpb

jsgmpb

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

i play on two different field depend on while im with friend or by myself i usually play with premium play with 4 pods + hopper a day when i go through a case i usually have played around 5-6 games me being a fatty already tired by that time lol im starting to play semi since im in no tourney yet and still hitting people i learned that shooting conservative is sometimes better since when you go to a tourney and have the paint you already have good practice on low paint sutiations and know how to keep yourself from trying to overshoot without hitting anyone.

#17 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

my team used to play hopper ball for practices as well, only get your hopper per game, or hopper and 1 pod

#18 amofop

amofop

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

in d4+ mid plays shoould shoot 5-7 pods per game if you want to effectively keep another GOOD TEAM from moving up. I hope when im playing the other team is trying to one ball me.....

#19 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

in d4+ mid plays shoould shoot 5-7 pods per game if you want to effectively keep another GOOD TEAM from moving up. I hope when im playing the other team is trying to one ball me.....

you dont have to shoot 5-7 pods a game in practice...

#20 Anti_Revolution

Anti_Revolution

Underground Productz Factory Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

think of it this way, for every player your front guy shoots out, thats a kill for you. back players shouldnt be looking for kills, but looking for their front guy to stay alive. i find shooting small amounts of paint boring, im not happy unless i'm on the trigger. keep up the good work buddy
Underground Productz Factory Team
Feedback 17/0/0

F/S/T: Nothing ATM

#21 AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I go out with 4 pods and a full hopper everytime I play. No exceptions.

Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. Sometimes the most laid back games can turn into intense battles.

#22 That Rich Paintballer

That Rich Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

a good tip i learned for snap shooting, when you pop out only take one shot instead of three SAVES a lot of paint.

#23 That Rich Paintballer

That Rich Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

carry less paint, run 2 or 3 pods on your back. you will quickly find yourself using less.

I don't even use a pack lol

#24 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

I just decided i use way to much paint when i realized i go into every game with at least 7 pods and usually go through 4-5 pods every match. But then again i do play back or mid so i feel like for a back player thats not that much any thoughts.

Dude, it's your finger on the trigger.
Only you can decide how much is enough, or when it's too much. (or not enough)
CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users