15 replies to this topic

#1 biggidyo

biggidyo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

alright guys need somemore tips on airball. alright so me, my bro and my couzin were running some 2v1s before everyone go to the field and i was just wondering if you can give me some tips on how to play it i have seen mikes vid on it jus wondering if theres anything else. fyi we were playing on the nppl chicago open layout and i was playing either the aztec or stand up. also what do you get out of playing 2v1s and should i be winning the matches or trying to see how long i can last? one last thing.... what should you do when your playing 2v3? should i play aggressive, cross it up or what? thanx for your help my peeps.

#2 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Keep switchign hands, and play all sides of the bunker.

#3 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Worry about making it a 1v1 before winning? Stick to a bunker you know and avoid bukers that limit your view like any part of the snake... Also if you can hang in a back corner? That seems to give you a better range to work with! This is what has worked for me at least?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#4 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

try to stay on bunkers where you can shoot over the top, like bricks and temples, becouse when you have more sides to snap out, its way more dificult to them shoot where you are snaping out.
stay real tight to your bunker and put more paint on the player that is on the other side of the field ( exemple: if you are on dorito side, focus on the snake player, and vice-versa ), and then when you put that guy in, you can snap over the top of your bunker or around it to shoot the other guy. if missed, back up and stay tight and repeat.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#5 biggidyo

biggidyo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Alright thnx guys. What should i do in a 2v3?

#6 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

cross it up. Have d shoot snake, snake shoot d, and stay out of the way of the center. If they is on a side (d side or snake) then the player crossing up is responsible for them as well

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#7 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

In a 2v3 It's the same kind of deal, just communicate, and cross up from two sides of the field. This will give you control, and make then guinbattle with you instead of just running you down.

#8 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Winning a 2v1 as the 1 requires a few things.

1) A good bunker and position on the field. If you KNOW you have time, move to a better bunker that gives you better/bigger cover, allows easy switching of sides (NOT the snake, and not a small cake), and preferably is near a corner of the field so they can only get a 90 degree pinch on you instead of up to a 180 degree one.

2) Keeping a level head. Don't EVER stop shooting your marker, even to reload and be switching back and forth. KNOW when one of them is making a move/bump as that's your opening.

3) Take advantage of one of them moving and get the elimination, dropping it to a 1v1. This DOES require some luck, but guessing at which person will make a bump or luring them out by focusing most of your paint on the other player are advanced tricks.

4) Never develop a 'habit' of switching every 10 shots, or coming out of the same height each time on the same side. Keep them guessing and keep them off balance and wait for them to make a mistake.

Oh, I forgot 5) !!!

5) After winning 2v1 in tournament, strut calmly to sidelines to collect accolades and women.

Edited by Darthdoug, 09 May 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#9 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

1) A good bunker and position on the field. If you KNOW you have time, move to a better bunker that gives you better/bigger cover, allows easy switching of sides (NOT the snake, and not a small cake), and preferably is near a corner of the field so they can only get a 90 degree pinch on you instead of up to a 180 degree one.

2) Keeping a level head. Don't EVER stop shooting your marker, even to reload and be switching back and forth. KNOW when one of them is making a move/bump as that's your opening.

3) Take advantage of one of them moving and get the elimination, dropping it to a 1v1. This DOES require some luck, but guessing at which person will make a bump or luring them out by focusing most of your paint on the other player are advanced tricks.

4) Never develop a 'habit' of switching every 10 shots, or coming out of the same height each time on the same side. Keep them guessing and keep them off balance and wait for them to make a mistake.

Oh, I forgot 5) !!!

5) After winning 2v1 in tournament, strut calmly to sidelines to collect accolades and women.

^^ Love #5

#10 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

Well, the best things to do for a 2v1. Find a big bunker that you can quickly flip sides on (I personally like Rockets and Q's). Then you need to be unpredictable and if you have a coach, you need to rely on them for information, if you don't..well, good luck. What I've done is choose the guy who poses the biggest threat, focused him and then suddenly flip sides and try to catch the other guy off guard. If the other person isn't moving or is bunkered in really well and just try to get a luck shot on you, then focus the target you can hit and lay random bursts his way. Be unpredictable and remember, drawing the point to the time gives you a point as well as them, which is better than them getting a flag hang.

Edited by zchrit23, 16 May 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#11 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Not saying you should do this, this is what I do.

The second I realize I'm the last one, I instantly rush one of the other players. Hopefully I can catch them off guard and lure the other player out.

Basically. I try and bunker one of them before they bunker me.

#12 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Stay calm.

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#13 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not saying you should do this, this is what I do.

The second I realize I'm the last one, I instantly rush one of the other players. Hopefully I can catch them off guard and lure the other player out.

Basically. I try and bunker one of them before they bunker me.

That might work on a newer player, but in the tournament scene a decent player will make you trade out if you bunker them. Just sayin. That's how it usually happens when I'm at a tournament.

#14 Anti_Revolution

Anti_Revolution

Underground Productz Factory Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

not sure if anyones already said this, but find a aztec or a rocket, a bunker you can use the angles on, but is big enough to hide your whole body. what i do is shoot at one of the players but keep my eyes out for the other guy, the other guy will think im just shooting at the one player, and when he comes to bunker i pop up or around the bunker fast and cyclops him. this works because if the the first player comes out, he'll get hit by my paint, so he usually just hides and hopes his buddy gets me. also stay away from the snake. terrible place for 2v1s.
Underground Productz Factory Team
Feedback 17/0/0

F/S/T: Nothing ATM

#15 AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Oh, I forgot 5) !!!

:tup:

Also, try to be sneaky and move around a bit without letting them know where you are. Chances are they'll see you moving, but if you can get them shooting where you aren't, it'll be easier to at least get one of them out so you can go to a 1v1.

Edited by AXEMURDERER, 25 May 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#16 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

get to a corner and look cross field with head checks tapeside
this is if the corner is a decent bunker

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users