• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

Curious if any of you guys know why my FX is having this issue...it's stumped me that's for sure.
I go to play paintball, and my gun shoots fine at home, 280-290 fps, 10 bps semi capped. Nothing wrong, no problems. As soon as I get to the field, my gun is shooting hot...and not a little hot, like 300-310, it's like 320-330. So i turn the pressure down and get it to around 280 again. As soon as I start playing, the pressure drops significantly, I can literally see the difference between a good shot and a bad one, to the point that when I go re-chrono the gun is at around 200-220. So I turn it up again, gun shoots fine for a couple shots, then the pressure drops off again, however, it's closer to optimum (shoots around 250-260). Any ideas why this might be happening?

Also posted in the DP members section of the forum, too many trolls in equipment advice that would be telling me to just sell it and buy an axe. :dodgy:

Edit: Almost forgot, I constantly have to go back to chrono it as I have to continually turn the pressure up as it keeps dropping to 250-260 fps.

Edited by zchrit23, 07 May 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#2 PapaThor

PapaThor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

It sounds to me like you have a regulator issue. Have you lubed the reg lately? I have a Fusion FX as well and love the gun. However, I have noticed, that you have to service the reg about every 6 months or so. There is a video on the DP site that shows you how to do it if you have not done it before. It might also be the solenoid, but it does not sound like that is the issue.

An unlikely answer, would also be the paint you were using. If you had a mix of paint, you would get some fluctuations in the shots. I doubt that is you problem, but wanted to give you all the possibilities.

Good luck!
Will play for beer!

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,068 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, my first instinct would be to service the reg.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

I service the reg after every tournament. I just reserviced it this morning, works fine here at home. I'll have to wait till I go back to the field to find out if the issue is fixed though, as it was working fine here at home last time.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,068 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

I'm assuming you're using the same air tank at home and at the field?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#6 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ya. It's an older air tank (just got it rehydro'd this year). But it has a standard reg on it and didn't give me any problems with my g3 or my friends etek (I was checking to see if it was something about the tank).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users