11 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Some of the most obese people I know, are the ones that tend to "eat out" at restaurants the most. There is DEFINITELY a correlation between how many times you eat out, and body fat.

As a tip, when you eat out, have a healthy meal in mind BEFORE you get there, and ask for that.

Lightly Seasoned Chicken breast + Steamed Veggies
Lightly Seasoned Fish + Steamed Veggies
Lightly Seasoned Steak + Steamed Veggies

Watch for calorie bombs, such as bread & butter (you can ask the waiter not to bring it), side salad with heavy dressing, desserts of course.

Also, nothing wrong with asking the waiter to bring a "to go box", cut your meal in half, and slide the other half under your chair until you are finished. You can cut a 1,000 calorie meal to 500 calories by doing this.

You can also share a meal. Order one meal, ask for an extra plate.

Another tip is this - take a bite of food, take a sip of water, relax and look around. Repeat, once you feel a sensation in your stomach (about the 10th bite), stop eating and bring the rest home.

I sometimes convince myself that "I'm not that hungry" when I walk in, and sometimes I'll just look for appetizers. Ahi Tuna + Veggies = yumm (you can even save a couple bucks, and eat a healthy portion size)

If you look at restaurants for the nutrition bombs they tend to be, you'll be on guard when you walk in and might be able to make better choices. If that doesn't help, studies have shown that heavy meals divert blood flow from your genitals to your digestive system. This means softer erections, a disappointed partner, and your post-pigout sex is going to suck.

She's getting warmed up in the bathroom, and you're still burping & farting out your meal and can barely move. Embarrassing to say the least

Posted Image

#2 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

One thing to remember with restaurants is the hidden calories. Think you're eating healthy salmon? It's probably loaded with butter and olive oil to make it taste amazing. Same with chicken. Those veggies? Coated in olive oil. Remember, a single gram of olive oil is 88 calories. A GRAM! That's next to nothing!

Edited by Lotus, 07 May 2012 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Restaurants aren't what kills your diet it's how much you eat at a restraunt. Sure the food is loaded with calories so just eat less. you can eat all the icecream you want and still lose weight just as long as you dont want to eat more icecream than what fits into your calorie deficit.

Glad you are letting people know that restraunts aren't exactly low in calories

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Sure you can eat out all the time and still lose weight, but this is more about the mentality of people who do eat out all the time. The way I see it, if you eat out a lot, then you're probably not on a diet. Since you're not on a diet, you're not focusing on what you eat, and since restaurants have really unhealthy foods, it compounds the issue of eating a lot of unhealthy food.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#5 PBPnAZ

PBPnAZ

OMG!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

One thing to remember with restaurants is the hidden calories. Think you're eating healthy salmon? It's probably loaded with butter and olive oil to make it taste amazing. Same with chicken. Those veggies? Coated in olive oil. Remember, a single gram of olive oil is 88 calories. A GRAM! That's next to nothing!

A gram of olive oil is not 88 calories. A gram of fat is 9 calories so it can't be more than 9 calories per gram. Maybe 8.8 calories in a gram of olive oil?

#6 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

You're right. I missplaced a decimal point. It's 8.8.

Posted Image

#7 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

I go out once a week, that's for 50 cent wing night at my local food joint. (also is my weekly cheat meal)

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

A single tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories. Pretty much any cooking oil is up there in calories, and imagine a lot of that infused in your entire meal.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 07 May 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#9 bigfoot

bigfoot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

A single tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories. Pretty much any cooking oil is up there in calories, and imagine a lot of that infused in your entire meal.

I Olive oil is a healthier alternative to other Oils. So I wouldn't worry about consuming olive oil.

I agree though, you have to have the proper mindset when you walk into the restaurant in what you want to eat. Don't let your eyes feed your stomach. Be Calorie conscious, if you have to ask for the nutritional facts before you choose your meals. I use an app on my phone, so i can look up each Item i might consider before ordering. If its too many calories or too much carbs i will choose a healthier alternative.

#10 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Kids menu.

Go to a mexican place, everyone is getting 2500 calorie meals of fajita beef, tacos, burritos, and chips? Order the kids meal that comes with a 500 calorie meal of two tacos, and some rice. Go to Burger King at lunch? Kids chicken nugget meal.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Olive oil is a healthier alternative to other Oils. So I wouldn't worry about consuming olive oil.

Healthy or unhealthy isn't really the issue here, it's the staggering ammount of calories in some of these dishes that restaurants make. Calories are calories, regardless of where they come from. It could be an organic free range vegan restaurant, but if you're consuming freakish amounts of calories, it's still a problem.

Fear is the mind-killer

#12 PBPnAZ

PBPnAZ

OMG!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

In California they have to put the number of calories on the menu in restaurants. I was there visiting my mother and we went to Olive Garden. I was shocked at the calories in what I usually order. Chicken Alfredo has 1440 calories. Add a couple breadsticks and some salad and you're up to almost 2000 calories in one meal.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users