#1 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

im currently 5 foot 10 inches and weigh in at 235
i am overweight, but not very out fo shape, i actually just completed a 26 mile bike ride today lol

But anyways
my dad told me if i can get down to 200 Pounds or lower. i get a $1300 Budget on a gun
he didnt set a time to do it in, but id like to within 2 or 3 months
im fighting genetics here a little as well, as the only one in my genetics below 250 are my cousins and my dad

i had my blood work done 2 months ago, and while i cant remember numbers, my pressure and cholesterol are btoh fine, so i i really wanna start clearing some weight.

any advice guys?
im gonna start biking 6 miles a day every day, but 2 days a week im gonna do a 26 mile bike ride
ive cut out ALL sodas and juices as of today. nothing but water, natural tea and Mio(little sugar free water additive for flavor), maybe some gatorade when i work out.

i do need to cut out some heavy condiments out fo my diet, and im cutting MOST fast food. maybe a little treat like Chickfila or Chipotle every now and then

oh yeah: i still have to decide between a Ripper Vic, 2012 G6r or an Ego 11

Edited by tripp, 08 May 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#2 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Losing weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise.

I personally recommend picking up the Dukan Diet book, I used it to drop from 275 to 235. Great diet and easy to follow.

#3 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

yeah just a little problem with the Dukan diet
i dont eat vegetables often at all, maybe once a month

i dont eat bread very much either

i have a very terrible diet, and thats really why i weigh what i do

i try to make up for not eating bread by consuming rice very frequently
i dont eat many vegtables, so i take multi-vitamins
Posted Image

#4 PBPnAZ

PBPnAZ

OMG!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Start measuring portions and counting calories. Set a reasonable calorie limit and stick to it. See where it gets you before you try anything drastic.

#5 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Learn to like them, or find one you enjoy. While I was on the diet I personally ate canned spinach for my veggies, or steam them.

#6 yzeem

yzeem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

One thing to remember it is a hell of a lot easier to not eat 100 calories then it is to work out and burn off 100 calories

#7 Cable

Cable

Pimptastic Pump

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Your calorie count should be 10x of what you want your weight to be. That is how I understand it. So 200lbs=2000 calories a day. Don't do anything too drastic. It is about life change not dropping to weight. Remember that, don't kill yourself.

#8 AndrewH

AndrewH

3L1Te M3Mb3|2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Cross fit training! and the best way to burn fat is cardio so bike riding is good.

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

My advice on the bike riding is to figure out how long you have to ride, and then push yourself that whole time, rather than setting a distance. And don't set a distance limit, set a distance minimum. You already know you can do 6 miles, and you know you can do 26, so why not aim for 10 and 40? Who knows, maybe in a month or two you'll be doing centuries (100 miles in a day).

And my other advice is if you plan on riding your bike a lot, take your bike to your local bike shop and get them to fit it to you. That's the best way to avoid injuries and make sure you're getting the most of your bike that you can.

#10 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

i have a very nice Trek bike i got for xmas to workout on
along with a stationary bike and a weight bench and set
but i dont have much money for any form of gyms lol

im gonna cut out as much of the fried and fatty foods as i can, and cut down my eating as a whole

a little backstory: ever since i was 5 i took adderal(adhd meds) of which one of the side effects was Appetite loss
well, when i quit taking adderall EVERY day in 9th grade and skipped a summer, i gained 40 pounds
my appetite was back and i didnt have as high of a metabolism due to the artificial one the medication had given to me
i weighed about 110 in 9th grade at 5 foot 6 , i was a skinny twig
and ever since then, ive still been putting on weight.

i really think to motivation for a new gun is certainly gonna help me. along with the enhanced stamina ill have for long scenarios lol
Posted Image

#11 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

You got a nice Trek bike for christmas? Can I be adopted by your parents? I'd love a good road bike for my birthday. :wub:

#12 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

My advice on the bike riding is to figure out how long you have to ride, and then push yourself that whole time, rather than setting a distance. And don't set a distance limit, set a distance minimum. You already know you can do 6 miles, and you know you can do 26, so why not aim for 10 and 40? Who knows, maybe in a month or two you'll be doing centuries (100 miles in a day).

And my other advice is if you plan on riding your bike a lot, take your bike to your local bike shop and get them to fit it to you. That's the best way to avoid injuries and make sure you're getting the most of your bike that you can.

i had my bike fitted for me before i got it as a christmas present

my dad paid something like $900 for it. its really gonna assist me with everything im tryign to do here
especially sinc ei live in the country and there are plenty of trails
the 6 and 26 mile trails just so happen to be the closest to me. and i mean paved trails.

ive as well got 2 of my friends with bikes that will be pushing me forward to bike more and more lol

Edited by tripp, 08 May 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

#13 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

A Trek mountain bike then? Even though it's a mountain bike, you can still ride it on the roads, just make sure you obey the rules of the road. And don't let other drivers scare you, a bike has just as much right to be on the road as a car does. You're even allowed the entire lane, just like a car. However, it's generally considered bad form to occupy the center of the lane if you don't have to.

#14 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

no, its a trek road bike actually
but good to know about the lane control though

on a side note, my dad has a flex he bought himself for christmas lol, we ride together alot

Edited by tripp, 08 May 2012 - 03:12 PM.

Posted Image

#15 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

It's a road bike? Then take it on the road. No need to stick to 6 and 26 mile trails when you know you can do them. Get out on the road and ride, and ride, and ride. And then, when you get tired of that route, take the same route, but going the opposite direction. You'll see a lot more stuff that you won't see going your usual direction, and it makes it seem like a whole new ride.

Go on youtube and check out some videos about bike safety and how to ride on the road properly. Just try and stay away from expert village's videos, I generally find that they're a bunch of idiots who have no idea what they're talking about.

#16 Code Junkie

Code Junkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Swimming and rowing are both excellent low impact cross training exercises. Most gyms have a rowing machine or two and people don't use them that much. With rowing machines find someone who knows what they are doing to show you how to not hurt your back.

Hope this helps

Code

#17 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

If you have a bike, get out in your neighborhood and find a nice loop to ride. I have a roughly 1 mile loop about 5 minutes from my place. It takes me about 6 minutes to ride around the whole loop. I would go out with a number in my head of laps I wanted to do, and whenever I finished, I went back home. Also ride to and from work (or school, for you).

Drink just water and a few sips of Gatorade, get more veggies in your diet, cut the red meats and carbs down, and you should be golden.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#18 That Rich Paintballer

That Rich Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

VEGETABLES GOOD FOR YOU. EAT MORE VEGETABLE VITAMIN BAD

#19 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

If you have a bike, get out in your neighborhood and find a nice loop to ride. I have a roughly 1 mile loop about 5 minutes from my place. It takes me about 6 minutes to ride around the whole loop. I would go out with a number in my head of laps I wanted to do, and whenever I finished, I went back home. Also ride to and from work (or school, for you).

Drink just water and a few sips of Gatorade, get more veggies in your diet, cut the red meats and carbs down, and you should be golden.

actually im 21 lol, and i dont attend college
and since i live in a more rural area my paintball feild( my current job) is a 30 minute drive. so its not very bikeable when i need to be there at 7 am and theres no shoulders on the road
Posted Image

#20 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Here is my best advice. Start tracking your calories religiously. You can do it easy with apps on your phone like myfitnesspal. Just the act of tracking what you eat will dramatically influence HOW you eat. Also, exercise is good, bit it is sooo much easier to eat a deficit than burn a deficit. Good luck

#21 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Additionally, I probably wouldn't overly concern myself with eating super healthy. Instead, if you are counting calories and trying to meet a specific goal, you will necessarily have to cut out high calorie foods like sweets and fast food just to meet the goal. This will, by default, lead to healthier choices. However, if you have a few hundred extra at the end of the day, feel free to eat some ice cream or whatever. The only thing that matters to losing weight is calorie deficit. Where those calories come from isn't very important

#22 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Along with counting calories, a few tips are:
1.when you get hungry, chew on a piece of (sugar-free) gum and see if your hunger goes away.
2.don't fall for those things like nutrisystem and weight watchers. Just use apps, like others have suggested.
3.Instead of hamburgers, try chicken out.
Lastly,4. have willpower.

#23 braindead

braindead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

If you have about $150-$200ish to change your life, then get (Possibly) Insanity or P90X. From what it sounds like you're not ready for the follow up programs. Anyways, if you DO get one (or both, lol) follow the nutrition plan STRICTLY. Don't cheat, and trust me--your life will change for the better.

P.S. I weighed about 170 when I was 11-12ish. My brother (who had lost about 100 lbs by the time he got me into it) forced me to do it, and i hated him for it. But now I see it was most likely the best thing anyone's ever done for me. I now weigh about 160, I'm 5-10/11ish am 15 years old, so all I can say is dig deeper!

#24 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

let me set you up right now, this is easy as pie

5'10"?

This is your diet-

Breakfast -
3 tall glasses of cold water
3 whole eggs (scrambled or hard boiled, protein)
half avacado (fat to help you stay full)
1/2 Apple or Orange (carb aka sugar)

Lunch -
1 Whole Chicken Breast (protein)
two handfuls of broccoli or asparagus (fiber & vitamins)
5 almonds (healthy oils and fiber)
2 glasses of water

Dinner -
1 Whole Chicken Breast
Two Handfuls of Broccoli or Asparagus
5 almonds
2 glasses of water

I would try to add about 30 to 45 minutes of LIGHT cardio every day, walking while talking on your cell phone, biking around the neighborhood, something. Cut out all caffeine, cut out all fizzy sodas, diet sodas, anything other than water or green tea. If you end up eating bread, cut out the fruit.

Carb = Sugar = Bread = Fruit - it's all the same shit, if it's not immediately burned, it turns into FAT

For your chicken breasts, bake them in the oven, 4 at a time, coated in mustard. 350 degrees for 35 minutes. I think this diet is a great guideline, to maintain protein and strength, while filling you up with healthy fats, oils, fiber, vegetables, fruit for card / sugar, and almonds for fiber and healthy oils. The water will keep flushing out your digestive system, the light cardio will turn on your metabolism.

I did this and went from 330 pounds to 210 pounds in about a year. I always felt full, happy and content. If you are strength training, feel free to add a scoop of whey in WATER (not milk) to supplement the extra protein. Hope this helps

#25 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

^ Do you actualy count out five almonds and only eat five mike? I could understand a quarter cup or something but do five almonds really have that many calories?

#26 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Almonds are loaded with TONS of good nutrients, but you can easily put as many calories in your body with Almonds as you would with eating a Big Mac. So yea, I'll try to make sure I'm eating the correct amount of almonds.

Also, true fact - 15 almonds + two glasses of water = feels like you just ate a medium sized lunch. Almonds fill you up

If you are on track, sure eat a couple more. If you are hungry and craving something, eat a couple more. But just be careful, almonds are rocket fuel, FILLED with good calories, but they can add a surplus if overdone.

Weight loss is like how the grand canyon was carved out. Slow and steady, consistent and persistent. Try one thing for a week, measure, adjust, try for another week. Weight loss is measured week to week, not day to day.

Aim for 1 pound a week of fat loss, that's a great pace if you combine the above diet with light cardio.

#27 ADPedro77

ADPedro77

Your Friendly Latino

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

5'10"?

This is your diet-

Breakfast -

Lunch -
2 glasses of water

Dinner -
1 Whole Chicken Breast
5 almonds
2 glasses of water

I would try to add about 30 to 45 minutes of LIGHT cardio every day, walking while talking on your cell phone, biking around the neighborhood, something. Cut out all caffeine, cut out all fizzy sodas, diet sodas, anything other than water or green tea. If you end up eating bread, cut out the fruit.

Carb = Sugar = Bread = Fruit - it's all the same shit, if it's not immediately burned, it turns into FAT

For your chicken breasts, bake them in the oven, 4 at a time, coated in mustard. 350 degrees for 35 minutes. I think this diet is a great guideline, to maintain protein and strength, while filling you up with healthy fats, oils, fiber, vegetables, fruit for card / sugar, and almonds for fiber and healthy oils. The water will keep flushing out your digestive system, the light cardio will turn on your metabolism.

I did this and went from 330 pounds to 210 pounds in about a year. I always felt full, happy and content. If you are strength training, feel free to add a scoop of whey in WATER (not milk) to supplement the extra protein. Hope this helps

I hope this works. Im going to try it out as well. I recently weighted my self and found that I am about 210, ( i'm 5'7") big gain from when my weight use to be 130 constantly during High school. Last weekend I was at a big scenario game and was just completely worn out a couple minutes into it.

I Don't Care If You're Under 18 And Pay For Your Gear, I'm 21 And My Mom AND GIRLFRIEND Buy Me Paintball Gear. (I HAVE a Job ;) )

#28 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Good luck man! This fat boy has been trying to lose weight as well. It sucks! lol
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#29 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Swimming is also a great exercise if you have access to a pool. If you want to loose weight, don't expect it to happen soon, the best thing to do for yourself is create a calorie deficit by cutting down on excess fats. If you have 2 bags of chips a day, try to cut it down at first then replace it. Same with soda replace it with a chocolate milk, same amount of calories but a lot better for you, then try to switch to water eventually. Any excess snacks, again replace them with anything almonds are good, celery with peanut butter and cranberries are sweet and healthy as well. Switch to wheat bread if you haven't already. Let's say you want to start by loosing 15 pounds or so in 6 weeks, start by adjusting your diet the first week and getting used to your new diet, it is ultimately up to you if you want to loose the weight. Remember to let yourself cheat one meal a week and treat yourself to anything you want, you have to enjoy your meal sometimes. Do not end up starving yourself and going on some sort of "diet", most diets are unsuccessful and even if you do loose the weight it is temporary. Then during the next 5 weeks try to implement a cardio exercise routine. Since you want to loose weight cardio is a better option than weights. If you are starting out try to go on a bike ride on monday, swim on tuesday, stairmaster on wednesday, bike ride on thursday, stairmaster on friday and swim on saturday and take sunday off. Count your calories but dont cut way too much, if you try to starve yourself you will end up over eating at your next meal. Replace junk food with healthy food and then cut calories. Excercise 5 days a week moderately and then you can do more intense exercises. Lastly, breakfast is your best friend, your metabolism is a natural fat burning machine but you have to power it with the right foods, the sooner you kickstart your metabolism in a day the more it will burn; dont skip breakfast. Good luck

#30 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

i have no access to a pool, but ive been keeping up with Biking 50 miles a week
along with that my dad is buyign a gym member ship as well

so now just about any time i wanna play videogames, ima go to the gym lol

and thanks for the advice mike, but im a WAYY too picky eater, so i think im gonna go with a calorie counting app and good exercise to help me lose the weight

ive cut out ALL soda, sugary drinks, juices, shakes and everything i can think of except water and teas( a little splenda with it )
the only think i drink with flavor is those little Sugar free Mio squirt bottles

all junk food is cut out, for snacks i go with healthy raw nuts and some Baked crackers
ive lost 5 pounds since i posted this first, so im losing weight generously, but i know it will slow down soon

Edit: im alos lifting weights, nothing uge, but enough to make sure im not burning off muscle with my fat
my dad doesnt particularly care about the exact weight. if he can see that im within a "Healthy" size , hes happy

oh and the almond advice sounds awesome

oh Myfitnesspal said i need to eat 1650 calories a day to lost 10 pounds by june 20th

Edited by tripp, 16 May 2012 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image

#31 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Sounds like you are doing well! As Paintball@ller said, make sure you have a cheat day once a week.

#32 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Don't eat too many nuts, full of calories. I wrote a 14 day mass building diet plan and nuts was a huge factor in gaining weight. 140 grams of unsalted peanuts can contain up to 800 calories. Just because it seems healthy doesn't me it is.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#33 Mr.Herbert

Mr.Herbert

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Get food poisoning and then wait and vomit!! Hahaha just kidding bro I lost 25lbs because of food poisoning.

Edited by Mr.Herbert, 20 May 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#34 IwannaWAFFLE

IwannaWAFFLE

Mad scientist of gun mod ideas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Location:The Island, NYC,NY,United States, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

As a side note to the bike road riding..

if you can, try to find an air horn

Posted Image

and if someone is beeping at you to try to get by, keep this in your bottle area, or somewhere similar..
right when they are passing you, pull this out (works well if their window is open) .. and just hold down that button for a bit..

should teahc tem to beep at you..
I have one laying around in the shed, just thought of that.. hehe

Immunity to effect, cause, internet porn.

#35 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

Compound weight lifting.
Squats
Deadlift
Benchpress

Anything that uses multiple muscles. More muscles = More calories burnt = more fat loss.

#36 Briere

Briere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Losing weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise.

I personally recommend picking up the Dukan Diet book, I used it to drop from 275 to 235. Great diet and easy to follow.

Get a diet and find a good workout like INSANITY , or P90X

- TheAverageKiller -

#37 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

ive lost about 15 pounds so far

drinking nothing but water, and the occasional diet soda, and staying away from as muhc friend food as possible
along with counting the calories i intake, and getting rid of all condiments except mustard
Posted Image

#38 zachpnnc

zachpnnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Your calorie count should be 10x of what you want your weight to be. That is how I understand it. So 200lbs=2000 calories a day. Don't do anything too drastic. It is about life change not dropping to weight. Remember that, don't kill yourself.

i am 15 years old and i have over a hour of physical activity a day and according to choosemyplate.gov i should eat around 3000 calories so either your wrong or the website is wrong

#39 tripp

tripp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

i weighed 245 when i started and im down to 229 right now
when i started calorie counting i used an app on my phone( has full fast food and restuaunt menus and all different brands info) so it made ti real easy.
the app, according to my hieght/weight and my familys height/weight, told me i should weigh 191 optimally
it as well told me to lose 1 pound a day , i had to eat 1600 calories a day

and since i do about an hour of biking every day, it allows me for an extra 900 calories, i typically only add an extra 500
Posted Image

#40 P51

P51

..you want mirrion dorrar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

and if someone is beeping at you to try to get by, keep this in your bottle area, or somewhere similar..
right when they are passing you, pull this out (works well if their window is open) .. and just hold down that button for a bit..

This could also become incredibly dangerous for the OP, though. If you're riding a bike, do you really want to piss off the idiot in 2,000lb.+ car behind you, who's honking at you because he thinks you're in his way?

We're trying to help him lose weight, not become another victim of road rage ;)

Success is my only mothafuckin' option, failure's not
P51's Feedback

#41 Briere

Briere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

5'10"?

This is your diet-

Breakfast -

Lunch -
2 glasses of water

Dinner -
1 Whole Chicken Breast
5 almonds
2 glasses of water

Try not to have too much water during meals. Best is to have at max a glass of water during a meal ( counting 30 min before and after) because the more liquid you have during a meal the more acid is created in your stomach which isn't good. HOWEVER fit in all those glasses of water through-out the day :)
- TheAverageKiller -

#42 braindead

braindead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

This could also become incredibly dangerous for the OP, though. If you're riding a bike, do you really want to piss off the idiot in 2,000lb.+ car behind you, who's honking at you because he thinks you're in his way?

We're trying to help him lose weight, not become another victim of road rage ;)

I don't see anyone getting run over for honking back at some douche in a car, but then again i'm not the douche in said car.
So he should honk when the said douche is passing... problem solved.

#43 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

5'10"?

This is your diet-

Breakfast -

Lunch -
2 glasses of water

Dinner -
1 Whole Chicken Breast
5 almonds
2 glasses of water

Try not to have too much water during meals. Best is to have at max a glass of water during a meal ( counting 30 min before and after) because the more liquid you have during a meal the more acid is created in your stomach which isn't good. HOWEVER fit in all those glasses of water through-out the day :)

Im going to completely disagree with you. Water is neutral so i don't see why it would create acid.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#44 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

I also disagree with the water makes more acid. If anything it just means you break down food faster. I've drinken lots of water on an empty stomach before and felt fine.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#45 Hunter11

Hunter11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Losing weight is 80% in the kitchen 20% in the gym.

Eat med sized meals 6 times a day, breakfast should be your largest.
Make sure you get a protein, a complex carb, and a heavy green (broccoli, asparagus,spinach) in every meal
The protein portion should be the size of your fist.
Cut carbs out your last 2 meals.
Work out 5 times a week, doing cardio 20min in the morning and 20min after your workout.
Your cardio should be tough, but not so tough you cannot carry a decent conversation... because the you are burning muscle.. not fat..
Let me know if you need anymore information, I can break it down for you further
Hope this helps

#46 Hunter11

Hunter11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

5'10"?

This is your diet-

Breakfast -

Lunch -

2 glasses of water

Dinner -
1 Whole Chicken Breast
5 almonds
2 glasses of water

Im going to completely disagree with you. Water is neutral so i don't see why it would create acid.

Water is very important.. he is not trying to be a body builder, he doesn't need to lose water weight before a comp (I have done this i.e. spit technique & saunas).
Try to drink 1 gallon of water a day, keep your sodium low so it doesn't make you look "puffy"
Season your skinless chicken breaks with dill, onion powder, & garlic powered, the dill will help those salty cravings.
Do not eat whole eggs & Avacado.. thats TOO much fat. Stick to eqq whites, they are much better for you, & eat avocado once & a while. Instead purchase EFA (essential fatty acid) supplements and eliminate fats in your diet. Although they are good for you, you don't need them as often with supplements.

Supplements you should take:
100% whey protein
EFA (with CLA)
Multi-Vitamin
Casine before bed (so you don't "fast" while sleeping)

There are a lot more I take.. but for your goals it isn't necessary, hope this helps.

Edited by Hunter11, 11 June 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#47 Hunter11

Hunter11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

If you can do Mikes diet w/o any complex carbs, more power to you.. I do it for 3 weeks and I feel like I am going to die. Someone has a lot more willpower than I do :P.

I think Mike is using fats & fibrous carbs instead of complex carbs for energy.. so I retract my last statement about the amount of fat intake.. that is a very hard diet to stick with, but if you are strong minded and allow your body to switch from carbs to fats, you will see dramatic changes.

#48 Bacalao

Bacalao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

i am currently at around 350-360 lbs
i was at 300 lbs a few years ago and before that i was at 340
im overweight but rather active.

i used Body For Life by Bill Phillips and lost about 45 lbs its a cheap book on ebay i bought two copies and it worked great. im going to try doing this again college and girlfriend have gotten me to where im at and i hate it.

#49 Hunter11

Hunter11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

i used Body For Life by Bill Phillips and lost about 45 lbs its a cheap book on ebay i bought two copies and it worked great. im going to try doing this again college and girlfriend have gotten me to where im at and i hate it.

I am Married, I'm in the USAF, my wife is pregnant & I go to school full-time... If I am able to do this, so can you. That and I play paintball at least once every weekend. Only you can limit yourself, focus on your goals and stick to them, do not take the easy way out. My motivation is that when I'm 60 I still want to be able to run around and do things with my kids and grandkids. I do not want to be the man who can't keep up with his kids, or who's life is cut short and I don't get to see all that I should have. If you need help, let me know and I will send you information. Becoming healthy isn't about anyone but yourself, you have one body and one life, take care of it.

#50 Bacalao

Bacalao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

I am Married, I'm in the USAF, my wife is pregnant & I go to school full-time... If I am able to do this, so can you. That and I play paintball at least once every weekend. Only you can limit yourself, focus on your goals and stick to them, do not take the easy way out. My motivation is that when I'm 60 I still want to be able to run around and do things with my kids and grandkids. I do not want to be the man who can't keep up with his kids, or who's life is cut short and I don't get to see all that I should have. If you need help, let me know and I will send you information. Becoming healthy isn't about anyone but yourself, you have one body and one life, take care of it.

hardest thing for me is getting started dude. i work nights so that i can start working out in the morning but im dead tired when i wake up and when i go home as well.
im considering jioining one of those bootcamps or crossfits for a month to get me started

Edited by Bacalao, 25 June 2012 - 07:28 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users