4 replies to this topic

#1 speedballer001

speedballer001

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ok, I am 15 6'1' and weight around 200 pounds, Im not huge but I am in the middle. I don't have the money to go to a gym, I don't know any diets or excersises that would work. If you know any please tell me.

#2 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Google up "Convict Conditioning" and "You are your own gym", and acquire them through whatever means..

Both of those exercise routines will be easily done without needing gym equipment. You will want to buy one of those $40 pull up bars that fit in your door frame though, if you REALLY want to work out.

As for diets.. Cut out sodas, energy drinks, junk food, fast food, etc, etc. Eat more veggies, white meats, and fruits, limiting breads and pastas. And make sure to control your portions, and only eat until you aren't hungry anymore. Eating until you feel full is too much.

Edited by Sasquatch, 11 May 2012 - 06:12 PM.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#3 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

I will give the same advice as in the other threads. If you want to lose weight, you need to track your caloric intake. The general advice of cut junk food, snacks, etc. is good, but for me, it doesn't really resonate on a daily level. Sure we know junk food is junk and we should be eating something else. Unforunately, it tastes good, it's quick, it's cheap, it's available, and now I've just justified it to myself that it won't hurt today as long as I don't do it tomorrow.... By actively tracking you calories, you actually SEE how many calories you are "spending" on that candy bar or cheesburger, etc. and realize that if you eat it, you won't have any calories left for the rest of the day, and boy are you going to be hungry later. Instead, you also see that eating a grilled chicken sandwich on low calorie bread with an apple and diet coke/coke zero/DP 10 has the same calories as one piece of pizza, and you just got an entire meal out of it. Download an app to your phone that allows you to track the stuff you eat whenever you eat it. Examples are myfitnesspal, livestrong calorie tracker, etc. Also, if you want to add in some exercise then that is great and can only help. However, the only real way to lose weight is stop eating as many calories as you are right now. Example: if you ran 1 mile at your weight, you would burn approximately 150 calories. That is the equivalent of a 12 oz Coke. Drink two of those a day and now, just to burn THOSE calories, you need to go run 2 miles. Clearly, it is much easier to just not drink the soda. Hope this helps.

#4 speedballer001

speedballer001

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Thanks guys!

#5 paintballer42

paintballer42

Insane Member.. ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Cut out sodas, energy drinks, junk food, fast food, etc, etc. Eat more veggies, white meats, and fruits, limiting breads and pastas. And make sure to control your portions, and only eat until you aren't hungry anymore. Eating until you feel full is too much.

THIS. Really the only way you will get anywhere is through will-power. You gotta want it. Just eat healthier, and less.

Okay, you do realize that when you have girl in the title, you don't need to put dumb as well, right?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users