• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hey guys, so a week ago I got my first paintball gun. The Azodin Kaos. I got out to the field, turned my hopper on the lowest setting and chronied it to about 240 fps (that's field legal). It shoots SO accurate and I love how it feels in my hands, plus it is easy to clean! I chopped two balls, and almost chopped a third though the paint decided not to break and to just wedge itself on a corner between the breach and the feedneck. Also the thing shoots two balls a time randomly. My loader isnt the problem, it is doing its job. the bolt is either moving too quickly or the detents are too far forward. I dunno, the first time I used it I was expecting to have a lot more fun (maybe off the field once to adjust the velocity or something), and instead spent the majority of 4 hours squeegeing the breach and barrel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

#2 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Co2 or hpa?

And when you say shot 2 balls at a time did the bolt have a hard time recocking? what loader were you using? If it was an invert too check the Ball stack mode and check that its on.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#3 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

HPA
yea it hiccuped a little when it shot two balls at once
Invert Too yea, the ball stack might not be on... i'll check that

#4 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

ok so the stack mode wasn't on. I just turned it on. what exactly does it do?

#5 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Yup you should be all set then. With the ballstack on it should stop when a certain amount of tension is felt by the loader, this does make the loader a little bit slower. What it was doing before was the loader was feeding balls everytime it heard something regardless of tension.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#6 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

that is actually brilliant. okay so lets say I fixed that and it chops again? what would the next source of the problem be or is that the universal fix haha

#7 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Check your detents
Make Sure Tank Is Filled
Striker O Ring Works
Velocity Isnt Too High

There's a few things that can cause it to chop but the best thing to do is study how your gun works and it will be a lot easier to point out the problems.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#8 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

ok :) detents are good, tank is good, striker o-ring in good shape, and velocity at 240 ;) thanks Hitman. I NEED to upgrade the ASA on my gun, such a bitch screwing the tank in when its full...

#9 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

That's a good sign as well, it shows your tank is running at a high pressure, Blowbacks love high pressure. Keep in mind if you get an on off asa you will also need some fittings, macroline, and some sort of medium strength thread locker.

Edited by Hitman2513, 12 May 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#10 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Use cation when dealing with azdodin asas, they are EXTREMELY rough on tank threads. I have gone through 2 one on my blitz and one on my kaos pump. I also have a friend that owned a kaos and his asa crossthreaded as well.

#11 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Out of curiosity, are you allowed to chrono higher than 240fps at your field?

#12 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

Out of curiosity, are you allowed to chrono higher than 240fps at your field?

at my indoor - no. but I'm still experimenting with different types of paintball to see which I prefer. S far I prefer outdoor even though it is a little further away.

Use cation when dealing with azdodin asas, they are EXTREMELY rough on tank threads. I have gone through 2 one on my blitz and one on my kaos pump. I also have a friend that owned a kaos and his asa crossthreaded as well.

Yep, it sounds like sand is in the ASA when I'm screwing it in -_- . so I'll definitely have to buy an on/off if I want to lengthen the life of my tank threads.

#13 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

Have you used any tri-flo on the threads? That usually helps a little.

#14 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Did I mention I'm a canadian? I gotta wait a week or so for my tri-flow to ship in haha. But I have ordered it seeing my desperate need for it...

#15 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, that will usually help screw the tank into the gun.Not that you're canadian,but that you have tri-flo.

#16 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Where exactly do you put the tri flow on the tank threads or the gun's asa? Do you put it all over the tank threads I have a ninja should I avoid putting it on the tank o rings or what?

#17 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Where exactly do you put the tri flow on the tank threads or the gun's asa? Do you put it all over the tank threads I have a ninja should I avoid putting it on the tank o rings or what?

You can put it on the threads, just DO NOT put it in the fill nipple. Yes I know im beating a dead horse...

#18 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

You should stick a little on both,in my opinion.One drop on the ASA's threads, one on the tanks threads.Like jelly said, do not EVER put ANY oil of any kind in the fill nipple.It is basically attempted suicide.

#19 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm so paranoid some crazy person will out of nowhere purposely put drops of oil in my fill nipple :unsure:

#20 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm so paranoid some crazy person will out of nowhere purposely put drops of oil in my fill nipple :unsure:

Thats exactly why I dont lend my tank out to anyone and I dont buy used.

#21 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

or you could just invest in a blast shield, maybe even some kind of bomb shelter and fill up any used tanks.

#22 Paintb@ller

Paintb@ller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

or you could just invest in a blast shield, maybe even some kind of bomb shelter and fill up any used tanks.

Good Idea, but I think that costs more than a new tank.

#23 Ir0nR0d09

Ir0nR0d09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

http://www.patriot3....tic-protection/ there we go :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users