i really really need help Badly

#2 joeakuaku

joeakuaku

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

Are you looking to buy new or used? NEW: The new etek 4's are coming out. You could get an etek 4 :)
USED: You could get like an ego 9, vice, closer, marq. A lot of used guns.

#3 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

DONT get a Etek 4 the Etek 3 is basically the same thing and will perform the same. Get the Empire Axe.
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Justsomeguy

Justsomeguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

Do you have a good mask? if not set aside 100+ for a good mask. Do you have a good HPA tank? if not set aside 180+ for a tank. Do you have a good loader? if not I'd recommend setting aside 150+ for a super loader like the Dye Rotor etc. That right there is almost 500. And will make even a bt-4 or a tippman 98 perform better than others. But assuming you have all of those things. I would look new because unless you can meet the seller in person there's always that chance you're going to get screwed over. The 2011 reflex rail is selling at close to that price right now and some companies are coupling it with a rotor for a little more. There's the axe which everyone seems to be a fanboy of. There's the etek 3 and 4. There are a lot of choices. So it would be better if we knew, what you prefer in a gun, poppet/spoolie etc. Hope this helps man.

#5 pb2012

pb2012

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

Do you have a good mask? if not set aside 100+ for a good mask. Do you have a good HPA tank? if not set aside 180+ for a tank. Do you have a good loader? if not I'd recommend setting aside 150+ for a super loader like the Dye Rotor etc. That right there is almost 500. And will make even a bt-4 or a tippman 98 perform better than others. But assuming you have all of those things. I would look new because unless you can meet the seller in person there's always that chance you're going to get screwed over. The 2011 reflex rail is selling at close to that price right now and some companies are coupling it with a rotor for a little more. There's the axe which everyone seems to be a fanboy of. There's the etek 3 and 4. There are a lot of choices. So it would be better if we knew, what you prefer in a gun, poppet/spoolie etc. Hope this helps man.

This! (good job explaining too :tup: ) I would say snag a new Etek 3 since they dropped the price while you can, it will perform just as well as a Etek 4 the main differences are minor ergonomics and the Zick 2 which doesnt seem to do any thing. The Drone DX would be the second choice I would recommend. Those are two great markers one spoolie and one poppet that you will certainly be happy with. The Drone will be smoother, Quieter, and faster than the Etek. But the Etek is backed up by being one of the most reliable guns in the price range. The Etek requires little maintanence and is very easy to self service. The Etek also has superior packaging as expected by Planet Eclipse. It also comes with a great barrel bag, Allen key set, gun oil, and of course gun. The Etek will not fail you and is full of great things. It is also backed by Planet Eclipse's great warranty system. The biggest downfall to the Etek is that it is toward the louder side of guns and is known to be a little "kicky" but is hardly noticeable when playing. The Axe is another good gun to check out. It has good shot quality but lacks in packaging and ergonomics. The Axe has some good upgrades like the nano feed neck, various bolts, and the redline OLED board. As does the Etek, se of these upgrades consist of the POPS ASA, various bolts, Zick 2, Emortal Board, E- Portal, and many others. All these guns have their ups and downs though so I would recommend going to your local pro shop and trying them all out if you can and at least get the feel of the ergonomics.

#6 evan15549

evan15549

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Are you willing to buy used? Because if you are, you can get a lot more bang for your buck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users