929 replies to this topic

#351 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Zero I've only played one game with you. I was pantheon top, believe you were shen jungle. Was that with TechPBers or other guys?

on a side note, All I've been playing is draft for the past couple months. If you play Shen, Malphite, Alistar, Amumu, or Blitzcrank, be prepared to never be able to play them.

Kat, ezreal, Darius, Lee Sin, Morgana, and karthus are also popular bans

No, that was some of my friends that got me into the game. I normally play ADC or jungle with them, but since 2 of them already had the duo lane set-up I was like, "Okay, I'll just jungle." And Draft is what I've been playing as well. I know Shen is not really an issue, the only problem is his high health in late game. He's not really a bruiser, he's just good at keeping people from dying and ulting to save a teammate. He can be a bruiser though.

No idea why Ezreal is a popular ban. He's not OP at all. The poke lane combo, Ezreal - Sona is pretty good, but it can be beaten by other combos, and Graves counters Ezreal with his burst. I know Katarina is banned due to her ability to easily get a penta when she is played right. Darius needs a nerf imo. His ult is insta-refresh if he gets a kill, and it's always to kill steal. I mean, it's not bad that Darius gets fed. Morgana is only banned due to her skill shot snare. I believe that is the longest snare in the game when it's maxed out. I see no issue with it though. Quick Silver Sash will counter her pretty hard. People just don't know how to incorporate defensive items into their build.

And Herbert (whose new account is CPS) get Jayce and Yorick when you can. I know they're expensive, but if you want, you can buy them with RP. Jayce counts Darius, and Yorick counters Jayce and Darius. But Jayce I believe can contribute more to a team fight. I'm not sure. I've never played Yorick.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#352 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I ban ezreal just because he is so damn annoying. He's not op, just a strong pick. He's got a good poke, and his e is basically a free flash every 12ish seconds. Low skill floor, very forgiving to play, just plain annoying. I usually go cait and try to zone him as hard as I can.

I wouldn't say darius is op, he is just the most unforgiving champ in the game. He relies on his opponent making mistakes and punishing those mistakes. If you don't make any, you shut him down hard. His ult can also starve his team. If darius has 25 kills that's great, but that hurts the team when your adc has 2 because he keeps stealing

I'm really starting to miss true tanks. With the armor pen changes, they just get shredded. I used to play an awesome rammus but now he slow clear time combined with how fast armor gets taken down has made him totally unviable. Same with alistar and amumu. It's more viable to build ap/hp on them than armor

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#353 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#354 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

^ Lol, It's true. I've got Graves and I absolutely hate it when Darius steals my kills.

So, I try to time my E perfectly, so the Attack Speed steroid gets the auto attacks before Darius can land his ult. A good Darius player keeps his ADC/APC fed, and saves the ult for when he's in a Team fight, or 1v1ing someone and gets them low. So if you're our TechPB top laner, and you play Darius, please do that so I can get kills and actually lead my team to victory.

#355 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'm thinking of starting solo ranked once I get a couple more champs under my belt. I don't know if it's a good idea or not xD
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#356 Dev.

Dev.

Totally a sophomore member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

If you want your blood pressure to raise, it's quite the good idea. I've played atleast 100-150 ranked solo/duo queues, it's hard to win.

Edited by Dev., 24 December 2012 - 05:02 PM.

PonyBounceSig.gif

#357 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hey, my ign is Gibbeepbroxzorz. Level 20, normally play with 30's though so I know how to play. I don't take the game too seriously though, not a try hard. Normally play Voli, and I kick a ton of ass with him. I like playing tanks. Also, ima kill them for nerfing Warmogs...

#358 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Try to specialize in one role for ranked solo/duo. It should help you get your Elo up because you can face someone who doesn't play top lane as much as you do for example. You can punish them for the mistakes they make, and probably get more kills and snowball your lane. Top lane really can decide the game for you.

#359 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

So I started ranked. Lost 4 in a row.

Is this the kind of shit that I should expect a lot?

Posted Image

edit: just followed with this. Problem was I played 2 support and 1 AP games. Can't carry as a support and AP have fallen in the wake of bruisers. Talon is now officially my go-to champ for ranked. I also noticed the further the night went on, the better the players got. Probably because kids have to go to bed. That last game we had no jungle and I was playing support top talon. I don't even know. Ended up in me carrying

Posted Image

Edited by `kook, 25 December 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#360 Dev.

Dev.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

So I started ranked. Lost 4 in a row.

Is this the kind of shit that I should expect a lot?

Posted Image

edit: just followed with this. Problem was I played 2 support and 1 AP games. Can't carry as a support and AP have fallen in the wake of bruisers. Talon is now officially my go-to champ for ranked. I also noticed the further the night went on, the better the players got. Probably because kids have to go to bed. That last game we had no jungle and I was playing support top talon. I don't even know. Ended up in me carrying

Posted Image

Yes, that will happen alot if you don't play top or do extremely well in mid. If you do good enough in those lanes, it will most likely demoralize the other team and a) Make them surrender, or B) Make them play terrible. Most of the time, people absolutely suck in ranked and I don't even know why they play ranked.

PonyBounceSig.gif

#361 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I was just in queue and some guy says "is garen an adc?" after I said no, he says "ok then should I play yi or ashe for adc?"

Dear lord. Playing a carry in placement matches is a joke. I swear these guys just came straight from bot games...

#362 Arjay

Arjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Stuck in ELO hell thanks to these scrubs...... I always carry, yet we throw late game. I need a duo partner :(
went from 1350 down to 1000

Edited by Arjay, 25 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#363 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'd be happy to duo with you, lost 4 straight. Now at like 1170 or something

add gankas kon, send an invite anytime. If I don't respond within a minute or so I'm most likely afk.

Edited by `kook, 27 December 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#364 Dev.

Dev.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Stuck in ELO hell thanks to these scrubs...... I always carry, yet we throw late game. I need a duo partner :(
went from 1350 down to 1000

I'll duo with you too, got silver elo last season. Have been getting stuck with idiots like you this season.

PonyBounceSig.gif

#365 Arjay

Arjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Added you kook. Dev add me, AyeSuuzy

I just won like 6 straight ranked games and got back up to 1100, then i get paired with some more idiots and back down to 1050 -_-

#366 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

I could duo with you. I'm going to try to get a better computer before I start playing Ranked daily though.

#367 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

The people in 1000 elo are fucking retarded. I'm really not one to blame my team, but I'm tired of bad teams. I hate being punished when I'm doing fine and the rest of my team is 0/5

Edited by `kook, 31 December 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#368 Arjay

Arjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

The people in 1000 elo are fucking retarded. I'm really not one to blame my team, but I'm tired of bad teams. I hate being punished when I'm doing fine and the rest of my team is 0/5

i made it back from 1000 to 1100 :) The teams are getting better lol

#369 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Dad said he and I could build a computer over time. Gonna buy the case maybe this weekend. I hope we can finish it before March.

#370 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

I've decided to give up on Darius and play other champions. He has become overplayed also , I have noticed that when I am in a game with a darius , either side, The game becomes boring because as soon as he gets one or two kills he roams the map ks'ing and last hitting and he becomes virtually unstoppable. Whenever I play with or against a Darius I feel like doing this Posted Image . So to save others from that , I will not be playing Darius anymore and I will be focusing on playing Kayle , Corki and Xin Zhao , and maybe some of those sick champions on the new rotation.

Posted Image

#371 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I've been playing for about a year now and I've played over 600 ranked and normals. Last night I played garen for the first time, holy craps he's fun

#372 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

aint it great one hitting teemos with his ult

#373 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Got Kog'Maw and Maokai with RP today.

Maokai's ganks are OP and his clear speed isn't half bad. He relies on ganks for gold it seems.

Kog'Maw I still need to learn... And I hate it when, even though your positioning is on par as an ADC, your team just goes for kills and whenever someone jumps on you, (Irelia for example) they do not jump to protect you. The ADC is where most of your damage comes from mid/late game besides your APC.

#374 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

^ Thats why I play tanky DPS or assassins. You can totally rely on yourself

#375 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Switching back to Jungle main I guess. Won't have to rely on anyone, but rather have everyone rely on me.

I need more Rune pages, and I need more runes. I actually used the rune combiner on runes I don't need and got a few runes I needed. It's crazy.

#376 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

So im not sure if I want to buy janna and add to my support collection or get some mid champs like akali or kat.

#377 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Janna seems a little outclassed right now but shes a solid champ if you want to pick her up.

Kat is pretty fun, I'm not super good with her but I love champs that blink around.

#378 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

If you guys don't mind playing with someone who isn't level 30 yet, definitely add me.I feel like im way better than all the guys im matched with, but leveling up takes forever...

#379 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Janna seems a little outclassed right now but shes a solid champ if you want to pick her up.

Kat is pretty fun, I'm not super good with her but I love champs that blink around.

Janna requires good coordination with the AD Carry and team, morsoe than supports like Taric and Sona, and is more difficult to play than those two. She's not bad at all, in fact she has a very high win rate overall.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#380 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Training a noob that's going to be on my ranked team when he's level 30. (Level 15 now)

You guys got any tips?

#381 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Map awareness, positioning, last hitting, freezing a lane, where and when to ward, how and when to initiate, split pushing, etc...

The list goes on and on. The way I learned most of it was 600 games of experience before I stepped into ranked. Have him play blind normals to learn how to adapt to random team comps and situations, then have him play draft normals to learn how everything kind of falls together in terms of counters.

Imo I would tell someone new to play at least a few hundred games before stepping into ranked. That takes a long time but I think it's better than being unprepared.

#382 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Trying out a new build for Maokai today. Found my old build wasn't getting me tanky enough earlier, and I would die rather easily. Please help me out. Maokai is becoming my main jungler and he will fit into my ranked team's main team comp.

0/19/11 Masteries, Attack Speed Marks, Armour Seals, MR per level Glyphs and I'm working on getting 2 Health Quints, and 1 Health Regen Quint.

In this order:

Hunter's Machete
5 Health Potions
Boots
Spirit Stone (could switch places with boots)
Philosopher's Stone
Boots of Mobility
Catalyst the Protector
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Aegis of Legion
Rod of Ages
Banshee's Veil (thinking of switching places with RoA)
Sunfire Cape
Runic Bulwark

Don't think I'll ever finish the build as it is rather expensive unless the game is long, and I get a ton of assists. Any tips?

#383 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Personally I'd go

Machete/pots
boots
spirit stone
philostone
t2 boots depending on the matchup
aegis
shureylas

After that it gets too dependent on what the matchup is. For AD heavy frozen heart would be fantastic after you get your core items down

Edited by `kook, 08 January 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#384 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I get T2 boots when late game comes around and boots of mobility become practically useless.

I don't pick up Shurelya's mainly because the support normally gets that. Maokai's initiation is strong enough with his W.

#385 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Just going to leave this in here

Edited by CPS, 08 January 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#386 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Have you guys seen the new Support? I'll link you to the video overview of him from the PBE.

He's looking pretty OP, and I think he'd be a better top champion, but that's just me.

#387 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I think hes a better support, use the latern to bait then bring your ADC to turret then pull enemy to the turret.

#388 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Imagine the combos you could pull off with the lantern. Throw it in the river bush, have jungle click it when you're in position, Jungler gets a shield to take some Tower aggro and ADC gets a kill from a Dive.

#389 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

BOOM.This isn't me.

Dirt.

#390 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Thresh seems...weird. I dunno, not my thing. He's going to have an insanely high skill cap and as it appears right now, a pretty high skill floor.I can't wait for our next tank. I miss tanking. If rammus was more viable I'd play him all the time.

Edited by `kook, 08 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#391 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thresh seems...weird. I dunno, not my thing. He's going to have an insanely high skill cap and as it appears right now, a pretty high skill floor.I can't wait for our next tank. I miss tanking. If rammus was more viable I'd play him all the time.

Well, "tanks" don't really work anymore since the pentration changes and Black Cleaver. The only "tanks" that work are ones with heavy CC (Amumu, Malphite, etc...) or free health (Singed, Cho'gath). More and more AP mids are falling out of flavor. Sure the ones with good teamfIght presence like Orianna will still be picked at some point or another, but right now AD casters just do more damage to EVERYBODY.

Dirt.

#392 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yeah. I wish they didn't rework the Armour Penetration. Now, tanking is like nothing. You have to buy health over everything. Which I guess is good, but stacking Warmog's isn't exactly a good idea as it only benefits you, and not the team.

I miss my old Shyvana tank in S2... :(
She's almost no longer viable. Her jungle clears are good still, but since her health doesn't scale as well as other junglers, no one plays her and she just isn't viable. Saddening. The only tanks I'm seeing in the jungle now are ones with ridiculous CC. Tanks like Maokai, Skarner, Nocturne (although most consider him a bruiser), Xin Zhao, and Cho'Gath jungles are dominating atm. The least played of the choices is Maokai, and then Skarner, and then Xin, then Cho. Cho is mostly seen top though.

#393 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I for one am a fan.

Talon being my favorite champ, things were rough for a while there in s2

#394 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

I'd say I'm pretty happy with myself and that game. :)

#395 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

So I was thinking: if you were to get a pentakill, then an enemy used revive, would it register a multi-kill higher than 5 if you killed him fast enough?

#396 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I've heard of it. Don't know if it said "HEPTAKILL" or not. lol

#397 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

When im using zilean mid or support its always funny to revive when the enemy team close to a triple+

#398 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I've heard of it. Don't know if it said "HEPTAKILL" or not. lol

apparently it says "legendary kill".

#399 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, after 5 it's always legendary

#400 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

http://www.surrender...mpion.html#more

I am happy that AD Mids will no longer dominate with their Armour Pen.
I want to keep the current meta, since AD/AP Bruiser top, Tank Jungle, AP Mid, AD Carry and Support bot is just an amazing way to play. Though I wasn't around when there was different meta. So yeah.

Leave this question open for discussion... If the meta were to change. What would it change to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users