Photo

What is the NOOBIEST thing YOU have done?

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#1 poliuy

poliuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

So in a bit of my experience I think new players can often become scared of older/experienced players and can feel left out, the exact opposite of what anyone wants. So in order to break the ice if you will, and instead of complaining about other people, take a minute to tell us a story of when you first started (hell even being a more experienced player) and did something that was really, noobish lol.

I'll start.

When I first started to play I went out and bought a new gun, tank, hopper the works...after one game... Well I also purchased a pack (it was really really cheap). Now skip ahead to me playing my first game with all my gear, mind you I am only 13 at the time, and the ref is about to start the game. "GO GO GO" he yells, off the break I start running...and my pack starts slipping...more...and more... and I get about half way to the bunker and BOOM my pack hits my ankles. My whole body goes into plank form and i proceed to head straight into the dirt barrel first as if I was trying to aerate the ground. Well I successfully did, got about 3-5 inches of dirt in there and if that wasn't bad enough I must have in my fall shot 2-3 balls because the breech and bolt had paint all over them.

What a learning experience! At least I got pretty good at cleaning my marker ;).

#2 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

My first game of paintball, ever...I shot my own teamate multiple times after he had moved up to about the 50. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#3 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

My first game of paintball, ever...I shot my own teamate multiple times after he had moved up to about the 50. :rolleyes:

....you're one of those players hahaha

biggest noob thing i've done is playing outlaw ball i forgot to take my barrel bag off for the first 30 seconds of the match...

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

Well I have my fair share of noob moments. About 4 years shot my own teammate in the back once messing with settings mid game, from 5 feet away (ouch! I took a picture of the dudes back at the end of the day and it's ugly). I have had really bad dives, which resulted in bruises, broken equipment, and general embarrassment. At the field I play at most often, there is a field with alot of trenches, and when I was shot out, as I climbed out the trench, my fat ass made the wall crumble from under my feet and I fell back in, cracked my lens on impact with a rock, spilled a shit load of paint, and making my self look like a fool. And my last time out, I accidentally shot myself in the foot in a close quarters field and a ref saw, so I had to get out. My toes still hurt for a few days after.

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

Took the detents out of my slg and shot a few rounds without them. One of the balls rolled and got stuck in the barrel. Checked the breech didn't see a ball, and put my hand on the barrel n fired.
At first my hand went kinda numb, and then it started stingin like a bitch. Had a circle on my hand for like a month.

Worst part is the gun was shooting over 300.

#6 poliuy

poliuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hahahaha! My girlfriend did this to me our first time!

#7 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

shot my own teammate who moved up halfway across the field. He was pretty mad...

#8 P5YCH0SN1P3R

P5YCH0SN1P3R

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:38 AM

Was testing my friends marker after changing the battery the usual way finger in breach to test eyes and pull trigger to hear solenoid click......gun wasn't degassed.... *insert expletive here*
my setup etek3 AM digi cam (green) ape oled + prophecy ltd
dye nt graph claret + rotor liq red
empire trracer pump + empire magna
sterling stp pump owner

#9 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Went to dump a pod. Forgot to open my hoppers lid
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#10 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Don't know why but my first dive of the day is always bad.

#11 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Shoot paint inside my barrel sock when in the staging area, or accidentally shoot myself in the middle finger while taking it off just before a point.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#12 Empire91

Empire91

Pump Zen Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Looked down the barrel during a game and my finger brushed the trigger of my rapper. Suicide.......

#13 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

So, I bought all of my initial equipment online, then my gun at a local shop. The stuff I ordered online didn't come, so I just rented everything except the gun. Well I didn't know I had to shake the hopper to get it to feed. I thought my eyes weren't working, so I shut the eyes off and played like that the whole day, assuming I was actually shooting paint with each shot.

#14 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

hmm lets see...

-Blind fired like GOW 3 :P
-Fell over snake (pretty recently actually)
-Shot my own teammate (once thankfully)
-Bought really crappy gear :/

#15 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

The first time i played i told everyone at the deadbox that i had sleight of hand....

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#16 paintballfreak907

paintballfreak907

Wasilla Splatterhouse For The Win

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

MY snake player was running and from like four feet awayt shot him in the ear off break needless to say he was angry

#17 DK96

DK96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

The first time i played i told everyone at the deadbox that i had sleight of hand....

If this was a competition, you sir would win.
:P

#18 CavenaughW

CavenaughW

Ballin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

I sat in one place the whole game... I was terrible. Now when I'm on the woodsball field you cant keep me in one spot :)

Edited by CavenaughW, 15 May 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#19 Edub

Edub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Bought an a5 as my first gun. =)

Sent from my MiPhone !

#20 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Blindfired over a bunker (got two people out that way my first ever game that way :0)

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#21 Arjay

Arjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

I was going back right corner and the guy in front of me was going dorritos, couldn't get a lane over him because he was way taller than me lol. Shot him about 5 times in the back..

#22 happy7833

happy7833

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Shot my whole hopper at my teammate. It was an indoor place and I couldn't see him through the shadows..... Ref started to yell at me saying WTF are you doing.

#23 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

When I first started, i played in a recreational speed ball game. I was pretty cocky at first. After the horn blew, i froze. My team was screaming at me telling me to get to a bunker so i sprinted to a bunker and attempted a dive over the snake. What I didnt know wasthat there was a team mate on the other side. I jumped completely on him and then shot him multiple times out if fear. And thats hiw I lost my first game.

Edited by GeezusPB, 15 May 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#24 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thought a Tippmann held air like a regulated gun so after shooting it for the first time I tried to clear the air, shot myself in the foot and bought a stock.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#25 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thought a Tippmann held air like a regulated gun so after shooting it for the first time I tried to clear the air, shot myself in the foot and bought a stock.

Stocks improve your accuracy don't ya know.

#26 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,648 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

They also make it so when you shoulder your tank you've got a metal bar in your face, and if you shoulder your stock your mask hits it Posted Image

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#27 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

They also make it so when you shoulder your tank you've got a metal bar in your face, and if you shoulder your stock your mask hits it Posted Image

But you look good right? That's the most important aspect. Looks (and accuracy, can't forget it makes the marker super accurate) over function./sarcasm

Just thought of another noob mistake...Putting my shake and shoot hopper on backwards the first match...

#28 paint-ball-16

paint-ball-16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

First day I used my gun I shot my finger when putting my barrel sock on now I turn off my gun then put the sock on

#29 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Buying a good mask after I bought a gun. Took me 15 minutes of sprinting around in the woods to figure out that it doesn't matter what gun you have, if you can't see anybody you sure as hell ain't gonna hit them.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#30 redmule123

redmule123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

1. Shot myself in the finger
2. Was like why is my gun not shooting, after changing batteries and stuff I realized my tank wasn't screwed in fully lol.

#31 redmule123

redmule123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Oh yea one time I was trying to shoot this guy with my pump and I had a perfect shot, i pulled the trigger WTF why didnt it shoot, Oh SHI* safety lol

#32 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

listen to a guy saying his carver 1 didnt shoot as far as his friends tippman
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#33 sk1tzi420

sk1tzi420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Back when laning was called burning, before a game one of the guys was asking if someone wants to burn. I said okay. Well, in football burning means running really fast away from someone. So, on the break I took off to a bunker, and three people got hit off the break.

I did this three times before someone pulled me aside.

#34 ANGRYPAINTBALL35

ANGRYPAINTBALL35

Well that didn't work...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

The noobiest thing? Well before I start, note this I have to refill my tanks using a scuba system because I live in the middle of nowhere and there aren't any fields in my area. So one day I was just playing around with my buddies I ran out of air got shot, the usual, but thats not the noob part. The noob part is when I went back to the "dead zone" to refill my tank for the next game. I hooked everything up properly got the tank ready to go..... then I started talking to a friend and never actually opened the valve on the scuba tank. I unhooked the tank, put it back in my marker, then "3, 2, 1, GO!!!!". I started to pull the trigger and nothing was happening, I looked down and FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU****************KKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!
Nope it's a spyder...

#35 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

installed the detent backwards on an A5

"Why wont it shoot?!?!?!"

#36 Pb Mizzle3

Pb Mizzle3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

First after mike.

#37 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image

#38 bball

bball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

wanted to get the paint out of my pinokio so i took it off the marker and pressed the tab. It worked real well - except I forgot to put something there to catch the paint as it came out. Also I had the insight that you can't stop the feed unless you either flip the hopper upside down (I also discovered that I had a speed feed on) or turn it off. Fortunately I didn't have too much paint in the hopper.

Edited by bball, 15 May 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#39 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

I didn't know what bunkering was, and then I got shot point blank and made a fuss about it

#40 wvupaintball

wvupaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

bought a double finger trigger for my tippmann.

#41 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

bought a tippmann

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#42 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Forgot that the reg of my Vibe could hold enough air for an extra shot and nearly blasted some poor kid's eye out... I felt horrible! :P

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#43 Flow

Flow

U wot m8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Purchased a Spyder Pilot. Showed myself in public with a Spyder Pilot.

I think I recall eating something on the field once. It was stuffed in my pod. Probably chips or candy.

Edited by Flow, 15 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

GO METAPOD, HIT 'EM WITH A HARDEN!

#44 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

My first game of airball I dove into snake and when I crawled forward I felt a bounce on my back so I dropped lower and snapped the Feedneck on my eNVy.

I cried that nite
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#45 Groove269

Groove269

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:00 AM

I've worn tons of protection to where I was unable to move. I was always last and pinned down then lit up. Never again

#46 The Jackal

The Jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

My first time paintballing went in December, It was snowing where i was so i thought id take advantage of this a wear tactically white clothing. Upon arrival at the woodsball field i realized i was well and truly ballocked. there wasn't a bit of snow.

No a fail on my part but on a VIP mission game had just ended i was crouching in front of another player a lot older, he 'accidently' bliped the trigger on his TM-15 and shot me within a meter range in the back of the neck. By christ that hurt!

#47 jediosu

jediosu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

my first time ever with a paintball gun was a Brass Eagle Talon bought from Walmart in the mid 90's. I wanted to know what it felt like to get hit because I was a little scared. I put in a fresh 12 gram and shot my foot to see... Holy hell, what an idiot!

#48 Wricketts

Wricketts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Here's a good one. I used to be a heavy woodsballer. But apparently 8 years of no gunning is plenty of time for a person to forget any kind of skills he used to have in the game. First time back, I'm in a speedball game. Objective, raise the flag, on a pole, dead center of box field. They called Box Ball Conquest, or something crazy like that. Anyway, on the break, I rolled my foot in gopher hole. But it was only enough to throw me off balance going forward. We all know what that's like. When your upper body is traveling faster than your feet can catch up. After about 3 LONG strides, I finally hit the dirt in a nice pile of the freshest mud imaginable. After rolling in the mud, like a retarded farm animal, to avoid getting hit, I finally found my gun, and got myself to a bunker. Luckily, not shot. Bleeding, but not shot. Ref checks the wound, I'm cut up, but playable. Did a quick equipment check, nothing broken, A-5 shoots (poorly) but shoots.

I start scoping and snapping the baddies. Keeping my mirror down so team can move up the tape. Out of no-where guy comes from my dead zone, heads straight to the flag, starts to raise. I masked him twice. But he kept raising the flag. Tried calling him out, but he didn't listen. So I lit him up some more. He finally gets up and heads into my dead zone to, what I assumed, was to reinsert.

After the game was over, I catch up to the guy to see why he didn't call out when I masked him. He says, "Friendly fire didn't count that round." Wait...what? Turns out the guy had managed to push up passed the 50, killed a whole bunch of guys, then came back to raise the flag. So in short, I lit up my own teammate while he was nearly completing the objective. He "called out" cuz he was tired of getting shot by me, a teammate. WHOOPS. He played behind me the rest of the day...can't blame him.

#49 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hmm.

It was last game of the day before it started to rain and the guys wanted to do one last match...(i didnt get this memo i thought we were done so i put on my barrel sock on) so i see the guys gettin ready for one last match and they hustled me to get ready, so i did. The match starts and i start to blow a lane down the right side of the field........FORGOT to take my barrel slock off and painted the inside of my barrel... Ripped off the barrelsock and start running to a dorito and cleats grabbed a nice spot on the ground and off i went( i recall a team mate saying i was flying sideways) i prob flew like 10 ft. So im trying not to be loud i get up and BAM got bunkered have a nice day!

Edited by Impulse3159, 16 May 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#50 P5YCH0SN1P3R

P5YCH0SN1P3R

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Here's a good one. I used to be a heavy woodsballer. But apparently 8 years of no gunning is plenty of time for a person to forget any kind of skills he used to have in the game. First time back, I'm in a speedball game. Objective, raise the flag, on a pole, dead center of box field. They called Box Ball Conquest, or something crazy like that. Anyway, on the break, I rolled my foot in gopher hole. But it was only enough to throw me off balance going forward. We all know what that's like. When your upper body is traveling faster than your feet can catch up. After about 3 LONG strides, I finally hit the dirt in a nice pile of the freshest mud imaginable. After rolling in the mud, like a retarded farm animal, to avoid getting hit, I finally found my gun, and got myself to a bunker. Luckily, not shot. Bleeding, but not shot. Ref checks the wound, I'm cut up, but playable. Did a quick equipment check, nothing broken, A-5 shoots (poorly) but shoots.

I start scoping and snapping the baddies. Keeping my mirror down so team can move up the tape. Out of no-where guy comes from my dead zone, heads straight to the flag, starts to raise. I masked him twice. But he kept raising the flag. Tried calling him out, but he didn't listen. So I lit him up some more. He finally gets up and heads into my dead zone to, what I assumed, was to reinsert.

After the game was over, I catch up to the guy to see why he didn't call out when I masked him. He says, "Friendly fire didn't count that round." Wait...what? Turns out the guy had managed to push up passed the 50, killed a whole bunch of guys, then came back to raise the flag. So in short, I lit up my own teammate while he was nearly completing the objective. He "called out" cuz he was tired of getting shot by me, a teammate. WHOOPS. He played behind me the rest of the day...can't blame him.

you owe me a new keyboard now mines swimming in cola lol Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
my setup etek3 AM digi cam (green) ape oled + prophecy ltd
dye nt graph claret + rotor liq red
empire trracer pump + empire magna
sterling stp pump owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users