#1 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Ey there,

I got my hands on a OLD Virtual Machine 68 from Benjamin Sheridan.
As seen in this picture below.

Now I want to custom mod this, Replace the Hand grips, Housing will get something overlapping it, trigger rebuild etc.
However as you can see these guns have a front bottle asa. Now I want the bottle to be at the back like the regular guns we have these days.

My idea was by doing a Rebuild of the hand grips from a wood type, and intergrate a current age asa into it.
Having the Line go up through the wooden handgrip, over the hand grips into the front of the gun.

Now I was wondering If I could use any regulator for that, or if I need to find any of the rare adaptor kits for it.

Posted Image

#2 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm not quite sure If I'm reading this right, but it looks like your going to run the regulator right into the front ASA correct? If this is the case it'll work fine, those are just regular Asa threads up front. As for redoing the gun for bottem line.....You missed me by like 3 weeks, I just sold a VM and threw in a new unused bottom line VM ASA with it. :( I would have sent it to you if I had seen this :( . It's a lot of work making your own grips for this, I'd just hunt around MCB and see if someone has a spare bottom line laying around on there. Nice VM BTW.
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#3 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, What I want to do is remove the Hand grips all together and replace it with one made out of wood. Inside that wooden hand grib I want to attach a brand new Asa from whatever brand Ans gear or other shops sell atm, run a Macro line from there inside the hand grips, to the top, then over the Trigger guard (i made a mistake there in my opening post) towards a brand new regulator for the current guns we have like eteks and shit.

Then the Trigger hand guard is also going to be removed and ill make a custom handle for there to grab on to as well. And then of course a new Barrel, auto cocker(i need a barrel thread adjuster from lapco for this) or something or whatever I can find. As well as a Body mod that I will just screw over the current body.

Not sure on that yet, its still in design and thinking phases haha :)

All I know Is, the Macro line stuff and the color scheme I am going to use :P (Bronze / Copper colors)

#4 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Wood work is a lot tougher then it seems, especally for something like a VM's grip. They are a solid piece and that considerably complicates the issue. Making it a gas through adds even more to the difficulty. If you do pull it off though I demand pictures :) Also, If you can't find a barrel adapter, Palmer's still has some barrels: Palmer's VM Barrel. Titus over on MCB also has some VM barrels:VM Barrel and Bacci Also has some used VM barrels: VM Barrels.

Keep us posted on any progress :D

Edited by Myrkul, 17 May 2012 - 10:07 AM.

"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#5 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Current status of the gun. I removed every part of the gun and separated everything. I also dissembled the trigger (bad mistake but it was required). Sending the Body, Barrel and trigger housing off to a person on Monday that will Glass pearl blast it till its nice and shiny aluminum again. No idea how long it will take, but in the meantime I can work on the Grips. I decided to use a saw and divide the Hand grip in two half's :)

Posted Image

#6 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Posted Image

Here's my old VM68EX.......You can do anything from mild to wild.

This one had custom alumn. grips that had finger grooves along with custom grip frame, alumn. custom side plates and alumn. forearm.

Edited by RealtorTommy, 17 May 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#7 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Here is mine!

Posted Image

Love it to death. Custom wood furniture and it runs a back bottle/ remote line. Tape was on there just because, I always ask for some extra armband tape so I can put it on the stock.

My local field owner has a collection and was showing me his custom one. It was anodized in a pinstripe style with an aluminum M4 stock anodized in the same fashion, I said mine was pretty unique and I brought it in, and his jaw dropped. VM's are really fun, Mine is really the only marker I have that has a noticeable recoil, and it belches frost after like 10 shots in rapid succession.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#8 LuckyCanuck85

LuckyCanuck85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

AWW! Now you guys are making me miss my VM. First gun I owned. Shot like a cannon, but was fun as hell :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users