6 replies to this topic

#1 ExtremeFacepainter

ExtremeFacepainter

Das Boot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

So I'm trading my Etek3 AM for a Marq7 Hybrid Mummy locally. What should I expect differently from the Marq? Any tips? This will be my first spool valve marker so I'm rather nooby to these markers. :P

#2 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

The Marq is not a spool valve marker. It's still a poppet. Maintenance is very much like a spool though.

The only things I would be wary of with the Marq is making sure you know the programming modes and making sure you have a pressure tester. Once you've taken care of that it should be amazing.

Posted Image

#3 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

all you need to expect from a marq is that you need to use a pressure tester. the only parameters you should change is the pressures stuff like dwell should be off limits

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#4 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

I'm having problems with my hoppers at the moment lol... uhh watch out for that too i suppose.

#5 mr.satire

mr.satire

Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life fixing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Pretty much make sure you have a pressure tester and DOW 55, and triflow for the bolt.

#6 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Make sure you have dow 55 and a pressure tester at least. A thin coat of dow 55 on all bolt orings every 3-5 cases and it will shoot great. Keep the lpr around 70, everything else stock. Expect it to shoot wayy better and be a lot quieter than your etek 3. A tip for it is to always carry a small philips head screwdriver so you can take out the eyes if needed. They are screwed into the gun, under the eye covers. They arent just sitting under the eye covers like on most guns. Also, dont get any dow 55 on the back of the poppit. There are orings on the poppit. Make sure to only lube those up. I always clean the back of the poppit (where is seals) with a q-tip to make sure there is no dow 55 on there, or it will leak.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#7 That Rich Paintballer

That Rich Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

So I'm trading my Etek3 AM for a Marq7 Hybrid Mummy locally. What should I expect differently from the Marq? Any tips? This will be my first spool valve marker so I'm rather nooby to these markers. :P

Two things, marqs are poppets and you had a vibe (which are spools). Anways, get a pressure tester!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users