• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Flyboyjb

Flyboyjb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

I have at least one broken ball in all my event bags of paint. I just picked up today. All 9 bags. :-( anyone else check their paint?

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well that blows.

#3 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Bring it back in to them and tell them about it. they should switch them out.

#4 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

between me and friends we had 7 bags today all good, hopefully the next 3 cases are the same, i would ask to switch out the paint.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#5 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

just inspect your paint, and switch it out if you see any broken paint in the bags

#6 Flyboyjb

Flyboyjb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

Wilco, Thanks guys :tup:

#7 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

Word is the LL5 paint is very brittle.

People were testing it by throwing it at each other from short distances away and doing drop tests and it breaks easily.

Maybe the heat & humidity will help some.

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hopefully, the pump games were suffering from it. I hope I can at least use my Ego tomorrow if my G1 is to harsh on paint.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#9 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

alot of complaints about brittle paint, t8.1 and tpx had no problems, but i saw rotor and prophecy z2s both throwing paint in so hard it was breaking in a few guns.
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#10 Biscuit of Doom

Biscuit of Doom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

My bags were all ok but i had two barrel breaks at the range with my axe. Didn't have a single barrel break at all during LL4.

I'm very glad i use a pinokio.

#11 Sleven

Sleven

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

Very brittle paint, if you can adjust your gun for paint do it

GEO 3 and BL Ripper http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220270

Bob Long MVP http://www.techpb.co...71#entry3245977

UNDERTAKERS PAINTBALL INC.

www.undertakerspaintball.com

#12 MaxDuell

MaxDuell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Knowing how to adjust the z2's would probably help although some folks thought it was breaking in the barrel

#13 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

I left mine in my car overnight, hopefully the heat will make it usable in an apex.

#14 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Had quite a few break in my pods, and I gave up on the pump game because every other shot the ball broke. On Saturday I broke paint whenever I walked the trigger. I just ended up lowering the settings on the solenoid on my Ego and it worked a little better

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#15 Thejester

Thejester

I've found a baby before

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

I broke a little bit not a lot , had a couple broken balls iny first case

PUMP LIFE 

#16 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Our paint shredded all weekend. Happens.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#17 sands24

sands24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I just went with the marbs on the pump game and after hearing all this was glad that they decided to offer marbs for the big game too so no complaints here! Although i think next year they should use something a little less brittle =D

#18 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

I went with marbs as well after having issues trying to chrono with a case of Evil that we grabbed on Friday but some of it must have been fine because I was cleaning quite a few evil shells from my gear whenever I came off.

Posted Image

#19 RIP-Buttercup

RIP-Buttercup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Should have switched with NPPL. Redemption would have been great in the woods, but a little bouncy from what the teams were saying.
Rage In Paint My link Northern Indiana Scenario

Sherwood Forest, Laporte, IN.
My link 80 Acres of purpose built scenario field.

#20 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hmmm, I got my paint friday, carried it straight to my car and took one out, tossed it up in the air about eye level and it busted wide open on the ground. I took it back with me to the hotel room and kept it in the air conditioned room. I had no problems with barrel breaks saturday morning and I was at the chrono as soon as a ref carried the first chrono out there. I had one barrel break later in the day and no issues with barrel breaks the rest of the weekend, and i almost shot both the cases i bought, only had 400 or so balls left after i dumped all the paint on me in the final battle. I did have something interesting though.....

I was in the middle of the 4pm barbarian mission to take merida and was down at the rocks below that ditch trying to take some shots at empire and my rotor jammed. I pulled the clearing mechanism and it was still jammed, pulled it again and it finally loaded more paint, i took a couple shots and then i started having some weird thing where the bolt wasn't going far enough forward to set off the air, so it was just going forward and thunking. I pulled the bolt out and looked through it and saw something kind of flat on the bottom and the bottom of a paintball halfway into the guns breach. I removed my hopper and dumped the balls that were in the feedneck and breech out and the mysterous flat object was a mentos shaped paintball that was hard. Obviously hard enough to not break. I inspected each bag of paint at least a bit to look for broken paint and don't remember seeing that gem, but has anybody else encountered some weird shriveled up paintball like that? It had me scratching my head. I missed an easy kill because of that.

#21 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Should have switched with NPPL. Redemption would have been great in the woods, but a little bouncy from what the teams were saying.

I believe CPX would have preferred that be a last resort since from what I was told that paint was yellow fill and is a lot harder to clean off of Bedlam and Armageddon than the normal white fill.

Posted Image

#22 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

I've had that happen before with dxs paint the mentos jammed a rotor and the trigger wouldn't work

#23 illmatic

illmatic

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

i was having tons of problems with the evil at first but there was no problem when i asked to switch to marbs, they couldn't have been anymore nicer about it Posted Image
For Sale :
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=179896 TechPB Jersey / Dye Jersey
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=179889 Bob Long Vice
http://www.techpb.co...0 Dye UL Back / Stiffi CF Front

#24 kingstonkoolaid

kingstonkoolaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

my team mate and I had nothing but problems with the evil, it was even splitting open in our pods, just way to brittle.. To top it off, when we found out they were swapping it for marbs, we went over and they were out of marbs. We had to wait until Sunday to swap out paint, he couldn't use his tm7's so he just ran with his rpg
Posted Image

#25 Karnokr

Karnokr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I believe CPX would have preferred that be a last resort since from what I was told that paint was yellow fill and is a lot harder to clean off of Bedlam and Armageddon than the normal white fill.

Well the white fill sure didn't clean off my clothes...

Hand of Fate Scenario Paintball Team

http://www.facebook....s/HOFpaintball/

#26 Mudduck

Mudduck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I was sort of a whistle blower on this Friday from 5-7pm... i chronoed both my NTs to make sure everything was going to be good Sat morning, and literally shredded paint through both NTs, one of which has the Billy Wing mod. I had NEVER had ball break problems... other than the occasional break... maybe 8 breaks in 2 years. So I went right over to the Dye tent and had a tech guy there tech them both. He was very helpful. Real chill guy. He said they looked just fine, and that he had already heard the paint was not good at all. He thought probably just a bad batch, and recommended I put the case in my car and crank the heat for 30 minutes. Also said don't let the paint stay outside in car overnight cause will cool down again and be brittle again... anyway, I went and complained and got a new case that evening. I told them I wanted a case from a different batch. MUCH much better... only one break in two hoppers (both guns) at the chrono station... that was about 7pm friday. So they definitely had a bad batch. The paint guys said there were about 5 batches in there altogether (and I know at least one batch was botched by RPS).
Also, I am certain they had their refer thermostat set way too cold. Those balls Friday night were very chilled when i got them. Not so much sat. or sun.
Somehow on Saturday night I got another bad case EVIL, but didn't know it until I got on the field Sunday morning. I literally shredded through 2000 balls Sunday morning.

#27 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

On a side note does anybody else think the marbs smell like vanilla?

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#28 outoftowner

outoftowner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

I never really had a problem with the paint, although I tried doing a little bit of underboring saturday afternoon and the results were pretty catastrophic. So I just chose a bore that the paint rolled through easily and it shot well the whole weekend for me. Never broke any in my pods either, although I packed my pods much looser than I normally do.

#29 reumer

reumer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I had problems all saturday. The evil came out like confetti no matter what I did.

Made playing on saturday impossible.

On sunday, Marble came out like a charm and I did not break one.

Made sunday much much better

#30 Mudduck

Mudduck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

depended on the batch. my first case Evil i exchanged... there was absolutely nothing that could be done other than throw it out. Two other guys were right there with me on that... having same problems. Exchanged for a different batch of Evil... just fine. Case 2 just fine. Case 3 TERRIBLE. Case 4 and 5 just fine. Evil each time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users