• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Ny Slim

Ny Slim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

I was playing at a field in New York (Name non mentioned) and the field was completely covered in paint, that outside area was slippery from the paint, I sprinted off the break to the snake I slid in the paint and sprained my ankle on the floor.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

I was playing at a field in New York (Name non mentioned) and the field was completely covered in paint,
Most fields do not wash their bunkers.

that outside area was slippery from the paint,

see below

I sprinted off the break to the snake I slid in the paint and sprained my ankle on the floor.
wear cleats or boots

Moral of the story.... DO NOT GO THERE ANY MORE

Edited by kingJurzy, 18 May 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#3 Ny Slim

Ny Slim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

I was playing at a field in New York (Name non mentioned) and the field was completely covered in paint,
Most fields do not wash their bunkers.

that outside area was slippery from the paint,

see below

I sprinted off the break to the snake I slid in the paint and sprained my ankle on the floor.
wear cleats or boots

Moral of the story.... DO NOT GO THERE ANY MORE

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that part I was wearing cleats non metal, I understand the bunkers not being washed but the floors were never cleaned/swept to remove broken paintball or dropped paint also I was seeing if anyone had bad field experiences and what they were.
But yes I have stopped going to that field after the incident.

#4 legitpro808

legitpro808

Living the HI life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

My field cleans the bunkers every 5 or six games during the breaks, or whenever they get covered in paint
Axe Conglomerate v3
Repping the 808 State! Oahu Grown

#5 Ny Slim

Ny Slim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

My field cleans the bunkers every 5 or six games during the breaks, or whenever they get covered in paint

That's excellent care by the staff I must say, That is what brings people back knowing that they care about the field and if they do their job.

#6 AzzyPB

AzzyPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I did a baseball slide into a dorito and popped it. I got hit around 30 times. Oh and I had to pay for a new dorito.

#7 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

I wish my field cleaned their airball bunkers :(

#8 AXEMURDERER

AXEMURDERER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

What kind of dumps are you guys playing at?

My local indoor and outdoor fields both clean the bunkers at the end of each day.

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

I did a baseball slide into a dorito and popped it. I got hit around 30 times. Oh and I had to pay for a new dorito.

dude that sucks

#10 Ny Slim

Ny Slim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Oh man what did you have metal cleats on something?

#11 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Uh... My field is only bad when it rains. And they never clean hyperball bunkers. Those things are caked with old paint.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#12 Royel garza

Royel garza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

I hate it when field employees don't care about anything and have a bad sales attitude

#13 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

What kind of dumps are you guys playing at?

My local indoor and outdoor fields both clean the bunkers at the end of each day.

my indoor does too

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#14 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

My team and I wipe/squegee the bunkers during practice between breaks. It's relaxing actually. During regular play the refs go around every 15 minutes (approx) and wipe them down.

#15 That Rich Paintballer

That Rich Paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Oh man what did you have metal cleats on something?

Dude. The whole idea of you break it you buy it is false. You could have easily done some research on local laws (at least in the US) and prevent yourself from paying for the new dorito. New bunkers are expensive.

#16 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

ive only been to one field like this, an indoor wich the corners were slippery from all the paint and all the bunkers were covered in paint.
never went back there. but now my team have our private field, we always wash our bunkers after the practise and start picking up the execess paintballs on the floor

Edited by m4ndark, 01 June 2012 - 03:27 PM.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#17 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

At my field we clean the bunkers at the end of every day. Worst field I've ever been to. Well actually every one I've been to has been pretty nice. :D

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#18 monkeyspirithand

monkeyspirithand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

PSP Chicago 2010 with ankle deep mud everywhere or PSP Galveston 2012 where half the netting was knocked down, even deeper mud, and it was 50 degrees out and windy :( Sucked playing those events

#19 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

my local field has mud instead of sand..... oh and the walls are all covered in paint thats older than I am.
(P.S. it is part scenario, part speedball, kinda a weird mix.)

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#20 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

I wish my field cleaned their airball bunkers :(

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#21 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

American Paintball Coliseum... my god...

- My number one issue being how fucking dark it was on the fields. I literally could not see through my mirrored lens, and my buddy struggled with his clear ones.
- Second biggest: I did not see one referee anywhere. Even on the "scenario" field next to the airball one my friend and I scoped out, I heard them begin their game with "Are you ready Derp?" "Yeah, Herp" "Alright.... Go!" when a ref should have been present and starting the game.
- A good quarter inch or more of white sludge on the ground on top of whatever had already soaked through the "turf." I've heard of slippery fields, this one was sticky. I'm confident if one were to attempt to slide, they'd stick in place.
- Bunkers are filthy and not fully inflated. They were so dirty the paint on them had begun to dry.
- I didn't see a chronograph station, or a chronograph (though, I'm sure they had one under the counter or something)
- Staff were unbelievably lethargic. After waiting for a few minutes for anyone to attend to us, the twelve year old kid who came up took our waivers without ever checking them, never took or even asked for us to pay our fees. We didn't even bother to unpack our stuff. We bolted as fast as we could. You couldn't give me enough CSLs to go back there.

Edited by Jalen, 11 June 2012 - 10:34 AM.

I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#22 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

American Paintball Coliseum... my god...

- My number one issue being how fucking dark it was on the fields. I literally could not see through my mirrored lens, and my buddy struggled with his clear ones.
- Second biggest: I did not see one referee anywhere. Even on the "scenario" field next to the airball one my friend and I scoped out, I heard them begin their game with "Are you ready Derp?" "Yeah, Herp" "Alright.... Go!" when a ref should have been present and starting the game.
- A good quarter inch or more of white sludge on the ground on top of whatever had already soaked through the "turf." I've heard of slippery fields, this one was sticky. I'm confident if one were to attempt to slide, they'd stick in place.
- Bunkers are filthy and not fully inflated. They were so dirty the paint on them had begun to dry.
- I didn't see a chronograph station, or a chronograph (though, I'm sure they had one under the counter or something)
- Staff were unbelievably lethargic. After waiting for a few minutes for anyone to attend to us, the twelve year old kid who came up took our waivers without ever checking them, never took or even asked for us to pay our fees. We didn't even bother to unpack our stuff. We bolted as fast as we could. You couldn't give me enough CSLs to go back there.

haha that's awful

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#23 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

i was literally swimming into the snake ( it was right after a storm and the bunkers where floating away)

#24 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

a super windy tournament on a dusty hyperball field. wind was so bad i was about 25 feet behind my snake player, and i was shooting into the wind, and the wind gusted as i shot and it almost hit him. without wind this ball would have gone all the way across the field, it dropped 1 foot from his head and broke on his bunker. scary. it was so dusty that my mask was on the who time. thank god proflexes are so comfy

*Waits to get hit*

#25 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Some team mates and I were going to try out this field we had heard about from some friends. We called the owner to let him know we were coming and asked him what his field was like. (the website is garbage and has NO pictures). He claimed that he had a brand new 7 man psp field all ready to play on for us. We finally found the place in the middle of no where, had to drive back through these woods on a dirt trail(Not road, trail) with pot holes deeper than I am tall. The field looked like garbage, there was 2 trailers set up where they managed everything, with a bunch of kids no older then 10 operating them. We saw no airball field, just a semi mowed patch of ground where it should have been. We decided to stay and play just for shits and gigs. Ended up playing with a bunch of the most scumbag people you can imagine. Total red necks (not saying red necks are bad, but these guys were just terrible). A couple other tournament players showed up through out the day, also being duped by false hopes of a new field. I cut my hand open on a bunker ruining my new gloves. My buddy sliced his leg open on some random screw hanging out of a barrel. Everything was covered in paint, there were bees everywhere. The rules were like a capture the fort kinda game, they had a crescent moon shaped fort,surrounded by woods, one team in the fort and one in the woods (obviously) and the fort guys could not start shooting until the woods guys began to shoot. Which gave them as much time as they wanted to surround us and just unload. We had all of the tournament guys in the fort vs, woods guys. It was the biggest waste of money and time ever. The field is called HeadHunterz (or something like that) in WNY. I will never go back there and always tell my friends how bad of an experience I had there.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#26 Legit Paintballa

Legit Paintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

At one local field it takes about 20 mins for the refs to get a game together, even though were already in 5

#27 elo160

elo160

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

My local field has this fake turf stuff that gets up to 120 degrees and will cut you. Also, there is a hole in the ground near the snake.

#28 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

These places sound like garbage man...holy cats!

Worst place I played had to be The Siege Paintball's (WI) downstairs "milsim" field. It was supposed to be a CQB fight. It was so dark and dingy that I couldn't see, it was like 110 degrees in that heated basement, and the paint was so thick that it gushed up over the top of my boots in the soft spots. It was horrible

I really hate any field that has like half inflated bunkers. I mean if they aren't all the way inflated no big deal, but I am 6'4 so when I am playing Beer can or Dorito, I don't like the top to be folding over on me so I can get domed. It's ridiculous that you can't spend the extra 2 minutes on the bunkers to make sure they are able to stand up by themselves..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#29 K1NGofTH3farW3ST

K1NGofTH3farW3ST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

cold, windy, rainy night games on the xball field and a can takes to the sky and drills me and sends me flying on my arse...pretty inssense stuff bro

#30 The_Machine

The_Machine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I haven't been to on of my local fields in forever... not going to name drop. Years to be exact because the last time I remember their field was horrid. There was so much paint broken at the starting points if you didn't take certain paths you'd literally slide as if it were ice and either bust your ass or uncomfortably slam into something. Even wearing rubber cleats the back corners were almost impossible to get to. Also usually every bunker seemed half inflated at all times. If I remember correctly they only had one porta potty which never seemed to be clean so.... the whole field smelled like old paint and shit. I'm pretty sure since then they cleaned up I'm not sure because I've never been content on going back. This kind of inspired me to go check it out since it HAS been years but still... that shit was terrible.

Edited by The_Machine, 25 July 2012 - 05:34 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users