• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Ryandall

Ryandall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

What do you think about the valken V MAX loader? is it better than the halo B? what are the differences? pros and cons of both loaders?

#2 pballgiant

pballgiant

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'll be the FIRST to say Halo B. The V-Max is garbage.
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
My Setup: Luxe 2.0/Empire Axe, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45
Empire Trracer, 50 Round Hopper, GA 50/45

#3 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

The vmax is far from the best loader, but does have a large edge over the halo b, too and others in the category. it hs alid 18 bps feed speed (FAR from the advertised 30 bps). it has tooless disassembly, no battery door to break, and a durable shell. all in all quite better than a halo B, knock on the vmax if you have never used or fucking held one pballgiant!
109.gif

#4 Ryandall

Ryandall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'll be the FIRST to say Halo B. The V-Max is garbage.

why do u say the vmax is garbage?

#5 reloadro

reloadro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

I own a vmax. It was a huge disappointment on so many levels. Batteries don't even last a day of rec play. It doesn't even keep up with me on semi (and i suck at trigger walking). And the finish began to sear off after only about 3 days of play. Don't waste your money on it.

#6 Hkarmysnake

Hkarmysnake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

JAWZ please the halo b is awesome it has 25bps better than vmax has a better drive system all the hype about the vmax was horrible don't get me wrong vmax is still good loader but not for 80 bucks its not if its like 45-50 new than yes btw the paddles on the vmax are horrible if you have swollen paint it won't load. the vmax is a bipolar loader that doesn't know if it wants to be a rotor or pinochio (which it sucks at both)

halo b

#7 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

V-max is garbage, it also looks like garbage. Quite ugly if you ask me. :tdn:

#8 TH3-N3WBl3

TH3-N3WBl3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Halo B because you can put new boards in it and you can get speedfeeds for it. Plus, the V-Max IS FALSE ADVERTISING.

#9 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Halo B no brainer

#10 Ryandall

Ryandall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

thanx for the info guys

#11 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

I own both and the vmax is way better. Batteries last for several weekend just fine, keeps up with 12.5 just fine, it's durable. Halo shells are total trash. They crack way too easy and are heavy. If you reload with a halo it better be almost empty or you'll waste a lot of paint.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#12 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

I abused the shit out of my halo and reloader B2 and never had a shell break. My first halo ever I don't think I ever changed the batteries in less then a year. My B2 I have had since January and still the same batteries. I shoot 3 cases a month minimum. I don't disconnect them either between weekends and leave it on all day when I am playing.

The biggest downsides to the halo is they are a bitch to clean and have low paint capacity (150+/-).

#13 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

JAWZ please the halo b is awesome it has 25bps better than vmax has a better drive system all the hype about the vmax was horrible don't get me wrong vmax is still good loader but not for 80 bucks its not if its like 45-50 new than yes btw the paddles on the vmax are horrible if you have swollen paint it won't load. the vmax is a bipolar loader that doesn't know if it wants to be a rotor or pinochio (which it sucks at both)

halo b

Ok there stick to Drum, unlike you i get my advice from experience, not a video, the halo b does not have a good drive system, it is very inconsistent and annoying to take apart, no to mention that the halo b takes more batteries in a day than a vmax take in 2 weeks also the battery door WILL break off with a halo b, while the vmax has no battery door instead it has a slot. The vmax is more durable and feeds a consistent 20 bps which will be more than enough for a regular paintballer What kind of complete NOOB needs 25 bps? next you gonna tell me you use full auto.....
109.gif

#14 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

The vmax is far from the best loader, but does have a large edge over the halo b, too and others in the category. it hs alid 18 bps feed speed (FAR from the advertised 30 bps). it has tooless disassembly, no battery door to break, and a durable shell. all in all quite better than a halo B, knock on the vmax if you have never used or fucking held one pballgiant!

The ONLY weakness's of the invert too are the shell and maintenance time. About the shell, people blow up how brittle it is. It can take plenty of hits. I tend to get hit there a lot and I have had no trouble at all. You are much more likely to break it by over tightening the screws than by taking a hit. The internals of the too kick the crap out of the V-Max. The too is simply a better loader internally and if you are like me and don't mind taking it apart after you are done, it will suit you a lot better.

#15 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

V-max w/ pinokio prop > Halo B > regular V-max

#16 mental_hop

mental_hop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

I think V-Max's might be hit or miss. It seems like people either love them or hate them. I love mine, and will probably buy another, so long as they stay $80 or lower. I say that having owned a Too, Halo B, Eggy 3 and others.
White Roses for Warfare!

#17 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

The ONLY weakness's of the invert too are the shell and maintenance time. About the shell, people blow up how brittle it is. It can take plenty of hits. I tend to get hit there a lot and I have had no trouble at all. You are much more likely to break it by over tightening the screws than by taking a hit. The internals of the too kick the crap out of the V-Max. The too is simply a better loader internally and if you are like me and don't mind taking it apart after you are done, it will suit you a lot better.

No they do not "kick the crap out of the vmax." they are out dated and useles with brittle paint i took a picture of one I was using after a dive which pretty much blended the paint.
109.gif

#18 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Yeah they do, my too has yet to jam, even when in psp mode. It is absolutely not a blender. With the anti-jam freeway (which the too comes with) the paint will cycle and I have used midgrade Draxxus recballs as well as a bag of marbs and a bag of draxxus silver which is tourney grade. I have not blended anything what so ever, including the half case of 2 month old paint that I could easily pop with my hands.

#19 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah they do, my too has yet to jam, even when in psp mode. It is absolutely not a blender. With the anti-jam freeway (which the too comes with) the paint will cycle and I have used midgrade Draxxus recballs as well as a bag of marbs and a bag of draxxus silver which is tourney grade. I have not blended anything what so ever, including the half case of 2 month old paint that I could easily pop with my hands.

OOOO Draxxus silver, and marbs you MUST know alot! mind explaining that to me? > Posted Image
109.gif

#20 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

OOOO Draxxus silver, and marbs you MUST know alot! mind explaining that to me? > Posted Image

I just don't understand why you are being a jerk about it. Did I say it was fool proof? no, but calling it a blender is just false. I don't order paint online, and I can get silver at my field and my friends teammates for the most part use marbs, meaning I have the most exposure to them. Regardless, they are both tourney grade and are both brittle (maybe the silver is a little more than the marbs), and I have not had any problems. If you have any need to hit 15 bps for PSP mode or field limits (my fields limit is 15), the invert too will do the job in a more reliable fashion. Maybe you'll break one ball in a blue moon, but that by no means makes it a blender or makes it a bad hopper. The only thing I dislike about it is its maintenance and the fact that you need to take 7 screws out to clean it, but I can live with that for the performance it brings. Also, I have a rip drive on mine and I can spin it counter clockwise with little resistance meaning the paint is cycling without getting crushed. When the motor is running the same thing happens. The v-max would be a better loader if it was more reliable, the batteries lasted longer, and actually fed more than 12 bps consistently and the stock lid stayed shut.

I can not speak for the halo B.

Edited by phillies0119, 29 May 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#21 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

The valken vmax is better then the halo too period. 1) it feeds fast enough for tourney's, 2) unlike the halo the vmax is not a blender (picture is proof) 3) vmax is no tool assembly, and therefore you lose a screw4) Very durable material5) no battery door to break6) awesome customer service7) Pretty nice looking!Overall the vmax destroys the halo
109.gif

#22 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

That is just utterly false. You broke 1 ball... big deal. If my blender could only blend one piece of fruit in its lifetime I would be pissed. The halo too has: -a more reliable feed system that is actually consistent at 10-15 bps, even though it claims 30+
-better board capable of higher speeds if needed
-an equally as good shell, the vmax shell is by no means sturdy and the shell is even uglier than the too's (which isn't that bad in all honesty)
-A better stock lid that does NOT come open by itself
-It is NOT a blender and I have NEVER heard that claim before and Andrewthewookie agreed with me on that in a separate conversation about the too. Your claim is absurd. I bet I could get a video of a luxe chopping pain. Does that mean that they chop a lot? absolutely not. I could get a picture of a Z2, Rotor or Pinokio with a broken ball inside, does that mean they are blenders? obviously not.
-It costs less than the V-Max at $70
-Empire has good customer service as well, and customer service does not define the performance of the loader.

V-Max:
-Tool-less assembly

The too is the faster, more reliable, system that feeds 15 with EASE. The V-Max is inconsistent at times, even at those speeds yet it costs more. The distinct benefit of the V-Max is the tool-less assembly. The too's shell is no more brittle than the V-Max and I get hit there a LOT. I have had no such issues with it. I have even heard stories of V-Max floors warping in the heat.

There is a reason threads like these exist:
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=192250
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=165935

Won't find too many of those about the invert too. Lets settle this and make a poll. See who wins.
Here it is: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=194739

Edited by phillies0119, 30 May 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#23 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

That is just utterly false. You broke 1 ball... big deal. If my blender could only blend one piece of fruit in its lifetime I would be pissed. The halo too has: -a more reliable feed system that is actually consistent at 10-15 bps, even though it claims 30+
-better board capable of higher speeds if needed
-an equally as good shell, the vmax shell is by no means sturdy and the shell is even uglier than the too's (which isn't that bad in all honesty)
-A better stock lid that does NOT come open by itself
-It is NOT a blender and I have NEVER heard that claim before and Andrewthewookie agreed with me on that in a separate conversation about the too. Your claim is absurd. I bet I could get a video of a luxe chopping pain. Does that mean that they chop a lot? absolutely not. I could get a picture of a Z2, Rotor or Pinokio with a broken ball inside, does that mean they are blenders? obviously not.
-It costs less than the V-Max at $70
-Empire has good customer service as well, and customer service does not define the performance of the loader.

V-Max:
-Tool-less assembly

The too is the faster, more reliable, system that feeds 15 with EASE. The V-Max is inconsistent at times, even at those speeds yet it costs more. The distinct benefit of the V-Max is the tool-less assembly. The too's shell is no more brittle than the V-Max and I get hit there a LOT. I have had no such issues with it. I have even heard stories of V-Max floors warping in the heat.

There is a reason threads like these exist:
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=192250
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=165935

Won't find too many of those about the invert too. Lets settle this and make a poll. See who wins.
Here it is: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=194739

I find it funny you think that was only one ball XD! it was 4 which completely jammed the loader, it wasn't even tourney paint! Its was red legion blue box, not that brittle of paint... You think the V-MAX is weaker than a halo too. Just get out of here now buddy! Also creating a poll for people to vote on is pretty much completely useless to me seeing that only a few people have actually used or even held a vmax, including your self than lie about it using information they have gathered from sites, and videos meanwhile the halo too is a budget ballers hopper and alot of people use them.
109.gif

#24 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

My friend used a vmax until he got a rotor. He didn't like it. As far as power. The too IS more powerful. Vmax claims 30+, it gets 10-15 consistently. The too is perfectly capable of 20+. The complaint threads exist for a reason. About your jam, if one broke it is not surprising that it broke a few at the szme time. The broken ball jams it even more. Maybe your settings were too high (sensitivity or speed) and it was feeding more often or faster than needed.

#25 Coalminer

Coalminer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I dont have experience with the halo or the v-max but i love my vlocity with about 20 cases through it it has never jammed, but, it is very loud. it announces to everyone "hey i need to reload". Even if you keep it on the lowest speed it works fine.

#26 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

My friend used a vmax until he got a rotor. He didn't like it. As far as power. The too IS more powerful. Vmax claims 30+, it gets 10-15 consistently. The too is perfectly capable of 20+. The complaint threads exist for a reason. About your jam, if one broke it is not surprising that it broke a few at the szme time. The broken ball jams it even more. Maybe your settings were too high (sensitivity or speed) and it was feeding more often or faster than needed.

Just ran into a someone at my field using a V-max, loves it and traded his rotor for it XD funniest thing is he had a halo too broken in his gear bag XD
109.gif

#27 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

Ok, so I don't own either of the loaders but I do want to say something.

Phillies, you say that the Too gets 20+ bps. Why in the world would you need 20+ BPS for when the legal speed cap at most fields is 13? No reason to shoot that fast.
Now, I heard that the V-Max uses rubber props, but they are similar to the Pinokio props so you could switch those out. From hearing that, I would assume that the V-Max would be the better loader, it has a tooless disassembly, and if you replace the props you have one solid loader. The Halo sounds like a good loader, but from just pictures alone I hate the look because the silver screws stand out from the black shell.

But, why would my opinion matter? I haven't owned either.

#28 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

I own a Valken V-Max, contact Valken and ask them to send you a V-Max that has been checked over. Order a Pinokio prop shaft. I have no complaints about mine, it is a backup loader that I have for cold conditions where paint is blending. No complaints about consistency... it does its job. I'd recommend the Pinokio over the V-Max though...

#29 phillies0119

phillies0119

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Ok, so I don't own either of the loaders but I do want to say something.

Phillies, you say that the Too gets 20+ bps. Why in the world would you need 20+ BPS for when the legal speed cap at most fields is 13? No reason to shoot that fast.
Now, I heard that the V-Max uses rubber props, but they are similar to the Pinokio props so you could switch those out. From hearing that, I would assume that the V-Max would be the better loader, it has a tooless disassembly, and if you replace the props you have one solid loader. The Halo sounds like a good loader, but from just pictures alone I hate the look because the silver screws stand out from the black shell.

But, why would my opinion matter? I haven't owned either.

I never said you needed 20+ bps, I am just saying it is capable of doing it consistently. On the contrary, one of the biggest complaints about the vmax is that it is inconsistent from 10-15 bps, which is a ROF that you may shoot and valken claims that it can shoot 30+. About the screws. They are inland and not visible, though I do not like the fact that it has them. The drive train on the too is faster and more reliable. A little harder on paint, yes, but I have put brittle paint in it before without any problems.

#30 manosapojr

manosapojr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Would this be the pinokio prop
http://www.hustlepai...okio-Drive-Cone

#31 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Si Senor.
I play woodsball mostly, so I would say that you wouldn't need more than 12 BPS for woodsball.
Just saying.

I never said you needed 20+ bps, I am just saying it is capable of doing it consistently. On the contrary, one of the biggest complaints about the vmax is that it is inconsistent from 10-15 bps, which is a ROF that you may shoot and valken claims that it can shoot 30+. About the screws. They are inland and not visible, though I do not like the fact that it has them. The drive train on the too is faster and more reliable. A little harder on paint, yes, but I have put brittle paint in it before without any problems.

Now you're saying that the Vmax is inconsistent from 10-15 BPS, but in the first quote you claimed it got 10-15 consistently.
Just saying.

Edited by Panda's Revenge, 02 June 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#32 manosapojr

manosapojr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Si Senor.
I play woodsball mostly, so I would say that you wouldn't need more than 12 BPS for woodsball.
Just saying.

Now you're saying that the Vmax is inconsistent from 10-15 BPS, but in the first quote you claimed it got 10-15 consistently.
Just saying.

Thank you senor

#33 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

My invert too has never broken a ball. It has also only jammed once with shitty paint for just backyard shooting. Myn is very consistent at the 12-15bps range and it doesnt break paint if you have the speed setting correct for your rof. I see more problems with rotors than with the invert too. I've shot up to chilled rps premium through it with no problems. I've also used it in the cold many times with no problems.

People can argue all they want about some little problem they had with the loader but i would take an invert too over the v-max.

Edited by TheGuy, 02 June 2012 - 04:37 PM.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#34 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

JEEZ people put this shit to rest! just tie them! invert TOO and v-max are both good loaders, and it all comes down to personal preference. I've sent my Z2 in for warranty 3 times now yet still prefer it over my rotor why? PERSONAL (insert Samuel L Jackson quote) PREFERENCE
109.gif

#35 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Ok there stick to Drum, unlike you i get my advice from experience, not a video, the halo b does not have a good drive system, it is very inconsistent and annoying to take apart, no to mention that the halo b takes more batteries in a day than a vmax take in 2 weeks also the battery door WILL break off with a halo b, while the vmax has no battery door instead it has a slot. The vmax is more durable and feeds a consistent 20 bps which will be more than enough for a regular paintballer What kind of complete NOOB needs 25 bps? next you gonna tell me you use full auto.....

Ouchies. That one cut me deep... Posted Image

The Halo platform does have a good drive system, and it's likely why it was used for so many years, and why the Magna (and subsequently the Prophecy) used it as a basis for their designs. As far as consistency goes, it's not fair to throw that in there when comparing to a V-Max. The Halo B with a V35 board is pretty consistent up to about 22-25bps by virtue of its speed alone.

Battery life isn't something that most can really quantify to a meaningful degree (I say most, not all) because my two weeks is clearly different from yours.

The V-Max however, absolutely does not feed a consistent 20bps. That's a complete lie, and I've yet to see evidence to support it. While 20bps in general may be enough for a "regular paintaller" (whatever that actually means), then wouldn't a much lower priced option, then also be enough for a "regular paintballer?"

I like having a Prophecy and a Z2 that can feed in excess of 20bps. Most people wouldn't call me a "NOOB" (I say most, because I try not to hang with many people who talk in caps lock). Full auto? No, I only use semi-auto.

No they do not "kick the crap out of the vmax." they are out dated and useles with brittle paint i took a picture of one I was using after a dive which pretty much blended the paint.

From my use, yes they do. Out-dated doesn't really mean anything here. It's not a Windows installation we're talking about, it's a piece of equipment meant to do a job. Considering the V-Max uses a very poor implementation of the Pinokio's workings (which is in turn an implementation of the Spyder Fasta), using the term "outdated" is a bit disingenuous.

I use Marbs. I'd like to think I know plenty. Also, you said earlier that this happened after a dive. I don't see how you would then fail to make the connection that the dive (and subsequent impact) was likely the cause of the breakage. That doesn't turn the loader into a "blender." That same thing has happened with Pinokios, Rotors, and I'm sure the V-Max at some point.

To offer a more cynical alternative, you could have just smeared paint inside a loader. I don't know, I wasn't there. That tile floor looks awfully suspicious...like you're home or something. Wouldn't you have cleaned that up if you were at the field? If you waited until you got home to clean it (after taking a picture for some reason...) then the paint should look much more dry than it does... Hmmm, could just be my paranoia. Posted Image

JEEZ people put this shit to rest! just tie them! invert TOO and v-max are both good loaders, and it all comes down to personal preference. I've sent my Z2 in for warranty 3 times now yet still prefer it over my rotor why? PERSONAL (insert Samuel L Jackson quote) PREFERENCE

Huh? But didn't you just say:

The valken vmax is better then the halo too period. 1) it feeds fast enough for tourney's, 2) unlike the halo the vmax is not a blender (picture is proof) 3) vmax is no tool assembly, and therefore you lose a screw4) Very durable material5) no battery door to break6) awesome customer service7) Pretty nice looking!Overall the vmax destroys the halo

Aw, you're silly. Posted Image

Edited by sticktodrum, 03 June 2012 - 06:26 AM.

Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#36 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ouchies. That one cut me deep... Posted Image

The Halo platform does have a good drive system, and it's likely why it was used for so many years, and why the Magna (and subsequently the Prophecy) used it as a basis for their designs. As far as consistency goes, it's not fair to throw that in there when comparing to a V-Max. The Halo B with a V35 board is pretty consistent up to about 22-25bps by virtue of its speed alone.

Battery life isn't something that most can really quantify to a meaningful degree (I say most, not all) because my two weeks is clearly different from yours.

The V-Max however, absolutely does not feed a consistent 20bps. That's a complete lie, and I've yet to see evidence to support it. While 20bps in general may be enough for a "regular paintaller" (whatever that actually means), then wouldn't a much lower priced option, then also be enough for a "regular paintballer?"

I like having a Prophecy and a Z2 that can feed in excess of 20bps. Most people wouldn't call me a "NOOB" (I say most, because I try not to hang with many people who talk in caps lock). Full auto? No, I only use semi-auto.

From my use, yes they do. Out-dated doesn't really mean anything here. It's not a Windows installation we're talking about, it's a piece of equipment meant to do a job. Considering the V-Max uses a very poor implementation of the Pinokio's workings (which is in turn an implementation of the Spyder Fasta), using the term "outdated" is a bit disingenuous.

I use Marbs. I'd like to think I know plenty. Also, you said earlier that this happened after a dive. I don't see how you would then fail to make the connection that the dive (and subsequent impact) was likely the cause of the breakage. That doesn't turn the loader into a "blender." That same thing has happened with Pinokios, Rotors, and I'm sure the V-Max at some point.

To offer a more cynical alternative, you could have just smeared paint inside a loader. I don't know, I wasn't there. That tile floor looks awfully suspicious...like you're home or something. Wouldn't you have cleaned that up if you were at the field? If you waited until you got home to clean it (after taking a picture for some reason...) then the paint should look much more dry than it does... Hmmm, could just be my paranoia. Posted Image

Huh? But didn't you just say:

Aw, you're silly. Posted Image

After viewing everyones points I can accept that even though I personally dislike the halo too alot of other people enjoy its use. Not to mention I'm bored of this topic! as for your thoughts on the paint in the TOO I have alife, and don't go home rigging paint in a loader to make apoint Posted Image. I took a picture it for my friend to see what had to clean that night (march 3 2012)
109.gif

#37 Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

I think someone's on their period... *cough* *cough*
Halo B > Vmax > Jawz...Posted Image
Setup - MacDev Cyborg RX, White Virtue Spire, Pure Energy 68/4500

#38 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Its ok I got some tampax pearl! "be who you wanna be" o shit thats barbie....... GO WALL OF CODE I CHOOSE YOU! 133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995
109.gif

#39 Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Its ok I got some tampax pearl! "be who you wanna be" o shit thats barbie....... GO WALL OF CODE I CHOOSE YOU! 133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995133890995

haha! Posted Image I'm just joking around
Setup - MacDev Cyborg RX, White Virtue Spire, Pure Energy 68/4500

#40 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

Clearly.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#41 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Halo B People. V-max has yet to prove itself to me. I've used it as a back up when my rotor died. It actually couldn't keep up with me on semi and any loader that can't keep up on semi is a waste of money in my opinion. I'd get a V-max if you were using a pump, or a mechanical gun, because then it would most likely be able to keep up.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#42 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Halo B People. V-max has yet to prove itself to me. I've used it as a back up when my rotor died. It actually couldn't keep up with me on semi and any loader that can't keep up on semi is a waste of money in my opinion. I'd get a V-max if you were using a pump, or a mechanical gun, because then it would most likely be able to keep up.

Yea...... how fast were you ramping buddy
109.gif

#43 Lungorthin

Lungorthin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Apparently you dont know Stick very well.
Im pretty sure his semi auto trigger walking can perform in excess of 20 bps
The Vmax cannot keep up and its a fact.

#44 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Apparently you dont know Stick very well.
Im pretty sure his semi auto trigger walking can perform in excess of 20 bps
The Vmax cannot keep up and its a fact.

LOL I wasn't replying to Stick, I know he has alot more experience than me, and i can admit that, I was talking to some one who was constantly referring to one point of the video over and over again. I love Stick's semi! I have tried as hard as i can and am still trying to get it some where around his area, so far I top out at 16 bps...... God how does he do it!!!
109.gif

#45 Suit

Suit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

The Halo B, period. The V-Max had a good idea base but was not built to it's expectations. I believe that in further generations of the hopper it may be worth it, but currently it's not worth your time or money.

#46 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

You guys all suck, get revvy's....losers...
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#47 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

You guys all suck, get revvy's....losers...

lol strap some extra batteries on the outside trying to get a higher feed rates! Posted Image
109.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users