35 replies to this topic

#1 Rangel

Rangel

Windy City Warriors- CPX Sports-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

I just want to say congrats to all who played!

Injury and school kept me away on this one but I stopped by the event Saturday and saw all the hard work being put in by TechPB on both sides!

#2 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm not sure how that totaled up, but whatever :P

Final battle was great!

#3 Paintball7410

Paintball7410

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

We were VICTORIOUS! Great effort put in by both sides all weekend made for another excellent Living Legends.

#4 PB_Rambo_617

PB_Rambo_617

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

It was a ghell of a weekend everyone played hard thru the heat and everything great weekend

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Good to see im not the only one confused on how ya'll won..

Either way it was a total blast and the final battle rocked!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

im on empire and am also not sure how we won with the numbers he was giving, but i do know horde got a penalty and we were given points for it, and they lost points, maybe that was not on the tally?
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#7 bamfgijoe

bamfgijoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

I think new empire won simply because the objectives were much closer to us the second day even though we were pinned back and the first day we held the majority of the field. Its just a thought... Horde definitively had final battle and had us pinned way back on day two though. This being a viper event I cant see it being a mistake though. Either way excellent playing with all of you and hope to see you on the field of battle next year.

#8 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think new empire won simply because the objectives were much closer to us the second day even though we were pinned back and the first day we held the majority of the field. Its just a thought... Horde definitively had final battle and had us pinned way back on day two though. This being a viper event I cant see it being a mistake though. Either way excellent playing with all of you and hope to see you on the field of battle next year.

Yeah it was really fun, just at closing ceremonies the numbers didn't add up which led me to a "dafuq" moment.

Not a big deal, final battle was awesome, GREAT TIME!

#9 Paintball7410

Paintball7410

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

The penalty against the Horde (player breaking into an ammo box) was a pretty big factor in us (New Empire) taking the lead on Saturday. I heard that we were leading by about 70 points at end-of-play Saturday.

Edited by Paintball7410, 20 May 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#10 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Woo! I was really surprised the Empire won, even though we put in TONS of work!
Posted Image

#11 Deadmeat99

Deadmeat99

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I was surprised as well but in a Viper game it isn't about shooting people it is about getting missions done. Even though it seemed one sided from watching the staging area, the field isn't just about bedlam and the hill towards the chrono station. Owning the side down by the railroad tracks can turn the tide in a close game like this.

Edited by Deadmeat99, 20 May 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#12 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, exactly. I think it was because the teams were really even.

#13 Hesterowns23

Hesterowns23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

Did we get points for the final battle because I'm pretty sure we had all 5 switches

#14 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Did we get points for the final battle because I'm pretty sure we had all 5 switches

Horde had all 5 at the end, yes.

#15 Deceiver

Deceiver

Smart Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

The final battle today was epic for the horde when EVERYONE on the hill stood up and mowed people down

TechPBSignature.png

Living Legends 3, 4, 5, and 6 

Cya all at LL 7

#16 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Mike said the horde got a penalty of 75 points because some idiot tried opening a supply box illegally and got caught. So we lost because of one guy
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Royce

#17 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

First off let me say I had fun and congratulations Empire!

Not sure how you guys won, but maybe you got more objectives and/or had less trouble with the Rippers.

The Final Battle was nuts wasn't it?

If you were on Bedlam/Empire side, I was past the slapsticks in the woods side for the first 30 minutes, laying paint down sideways at you all.

For the other half, I was sending paint through the tops of the grass on the hill at interesting trajectories with my Apex2 spun upside down. :)

#18 Bluebunny

Bluebunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

The empire won by only 15 points! Such a great game and good job to all

#19 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Mike said the horde got a penalty of 75 points because some idiot tried opening a supply box illegally and got caught. So we lost because of one guy

Did they ever find / penalize the Empire guy in the black/white striped ref jersey running around hurting people etc...?

#20 Thejester

Thejester

I've found a baby before

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

The final battle today was epic for the horde when EVERYONE on the hill stood up and mowed people down

I tried standing up doing that and got nailed in the face and neck, but yet it was EPIC

PUMP LIFE 

#21 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Playing this weekend in one of the biggest game I've ever been, frankly I didn't care who won. I met a lot of cool people and frankly getting lit up in final battle was one of my highlights. Would I feel different if the horde won (the team I played on) probably not but I had a blast.

#22 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Playing this weekend in one of the biggest game I've ever been, frankly I didn't care who won. I met a lot of cool people and frankly getting lit up in final battle was one of my highlights. Would I feel different if the horde won (the team I played on) probably not but I had a blast.

How many welts? :lol:

#23 jake t

jake t

"Intimidate, Dominate, Celebrate"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

we also have to thank to thank all the teams that came out. for the Empire!!!

#24 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

Did they ever find / penalize the Empire guy in the black/white striped ref jersey running around hurting people etc...?

I'm not sure what situation you're talking about there, but I was super exhausted from saturday and got up late sunday, so I missed the player briefing and didn't know the spawns flip flopped, so I went to the wrong side after chrono'ing, and I swear I saw red arm bands along the way, so I never stopped to think i might be in the wrong place. There was a guy that was looking at me really really hard while i was walking to the medic tent that I guess wondered where the hell i was going. Left arms were all facing away from me though as the empire was facing up towards the airball field. Anyway I went to the medic tent, re-insertion window was open, so i started trudging towards the command center and passed another horde player walking out who didn't say anything to me, and i hear something behind me, turn around, and there was a guy with nothing but a white arm band, maybe 10-15' away. I looked at his arm band and didn't know what was going on, then he raised his gun at me and i didn't know what to think so I started fumbling with my gun and he shot at me several times and got me in the leg. After which he stopped and i raised my hand in a "wtf" gesture and he just rudely yelled you're out. Then the horde player who had passed me piped in that he got him too, but he didn't say anything to me because of the rules. As we both walked out he told me the guy had got him, and that he'd just found out the spawns switched, and we were both confused about why the guy didn't have blue tape, so we went to the nearest refs and asked and they said he was a player ref....

So i have 3 issues with this. He should be wearing blue tape if he's empire regardless of whether he's a player ref. Having the player refs stand out is contrary to the entire point of having player refs. Then he didn't request that i surrender even though he had the drop on me and was close. It's possible that the noise i heard and turned to was a muffled voice, but i definitely didn't hear a clear "surrender" and I didn't raise my gun at him when i turned around, i just heard something and turned and started looking at his arm band and he raised his gun. Lastly it should have been obvious I wasn't aware of what was going on. I don't know about the other guy he shot, but i still had my barrel sock on until a few seconds before this all happened, so if he was behind me, he clearly watched me walk by casually strolling along with my gun not ready to fire. Obviously I wasn't in play, and didn't know the spawns were switched. I wasn't even close enough to the command bunker for him to think I was trying something squirrely. A simple "hey this is empire side, they switched this morning, get to the other end of the field" would've been nice.

So how was a guy in a ref jersey hurting people?

Also, i dunno how we lost either, the numbers were confusing, but either way, like viper said, we all had a good time so we're all winners. Not that it matters a great deal, but one idiot shouldn't be able to make an entire team lose. A penalty is fine as long as it doesn't completely and totally change the face of the entire game. This is 1400+ people we're talking about, invariably someone (or more) is gonna be an idiot. Thanks to everyone on empire side who came out to give us a good fight.

Edited by hzuiel, 21 May 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#25 honu

honu

king sea turtle

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

I happened to be standing with Viper when this took place. first the refs did not lock the box the right way. When the player in question found the box and picked it up the chain locking it came off. He opened the box and returned the cards that were inside to his base. The base ref asked how he was able to get them and he told the truth. The ref radioed to Viper and Viper was VERY VERY torn about what to do. He wanted to reward the player for being honest but did not want to open the door to players opening the boxes by " accendent" in the future.

The player was truthfull and made a mistake. Please dont judge him to hard. We have all made mistakes on and off the field.

#26 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,586 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

The player was truthfull and made a mistake. Please dont judge him to hard. We have all made mistakes on and off the field.

And I think the penalty was based on that. 20 points is pretty minimal as far as penalties in games like this go. I this case it did end up being the difference maker in the total score.

Something like medic cards can make a huge difference in a game like this - especially when there are so many take and hold missions.

And I think the penalty was based on that. 20 points is pretty minimal as far as penalties in games like this go. I this case it did end up being the difference maker in the total score.

Something like medic cards can make a huge difference in a game like this - especially when there are so many take and hold missions.

#27 MIDNIGHTANGELZ

MIDNIGHTANGELZ

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Location:CHICAGO, IL Or Onthe other side of the field smiling w/ pistols

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

The Rippers did some heavy damage as well..
Posted Image

#28 brentm3

brentm3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'm interested to hear other accounts of this. On Sunday, just north of the main path (in the ravine) I was with the Horde front line when I saw what I thought was a ref uniform across the way. The next thing I knew the ref uniform took cover and I started taking shots from that same tree. I couldn't confirm 100% that it was the ref uniform shooting at me, but it sure seemed like it.

What happened next was just crappy. I took a hit on my boot from that individual and called "medic" - the guy then goes full auto and lites me up. Several Horde and myself yelled "Stop shooting, he/I called medic" - the guy yelled back "I'm going to keep shooting you until you go out motherf'er" and proceeded to hit me with about 20 balls on full auto before I called myself out.

Was there really a ref uniformed player on blue, or did I just see a ref take cover behind a tree with a player. Either way, the person/people behind that tree need a serious review of the rules.

#29 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I thought the penalty was 75 points? Im probably wrong.. but im glad to hear it was just a misunderstanding. Props to that player and the staff
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Royce

#30 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm interested to hear other accounts of this. On Sunday, just north of the main path (in the ravine) I was with the Horde front line when I saw what I thought was a ref uniform across the way. The next thing I knew the ref uniform took cover and I started taking shots from that same tree. I couldn't confirm 100% that it was the ref uniform shooting at me, but it sure seemed like it.

What happened next was just crappy. I took a hit on my boot from that individual and called "medic" - the guy then goes full auto and lites me up. Several Horde and myself yelled "Stop shooting, he/I called medic" - the guy yelled back "I'm going to keep shooting you until you go out motherf'er" and proceeded to hit me with about 20 balls on full auto before I called myself out.

Was there really a ref uniformed player on blue, or did I just see a ref take cover behind a tree with a player. Either way, the person/people behind that tree need a serious review of the rules.

people aren't going to stop shooting at you so you can call in a medic. I wouldn't either.

Posted Image

#31 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

When you've been shot, regardless of whether you're calling for a medic or not, you're a dead player. They can try to shoot the medic when they do come, but shooting a downed player is the same thing as shooting a player walking off the field. I was in Meridia for probably this particular incident, and a few minutes later we had to get a ref down in there to tell the guys to stop shooting dead players who were waiting for medics. Besides, it's a safety issue. He's down, he isn't shooting, he isn't contributing, so putting round after round into someone because you don't like how the game is setup with medics is not safe.

It's basically trying to torture the player off the field, rather than let the game be played within the rules.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 21 May 2012 - 11:11 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#32 Hurstman

Hurstman

"The Amurikan"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I remember this event quite well actually. I was about 20 feet to your right pushing up through the bottom of the ravine and I also remember you sitting on the ground with both hands in the air calling yourself out and the guy just kept shooting and telling you to leave. at that point I had no paint and less than 500psi of air so i couldn't do anything but I was less than thrilled with the way that guy was playing.

Shortly after that, maybe 3-5 minutes, we had pushed up a ways and a ref came over to our group and was asking all of us if we had seen a person in a black and white striped jersey because that's not legal to use in viper games. The ref told all of us if we did see a guy like that playing to find a ref and point them to the guy and he would be immediately ejected from the game. What I gathered from that was that there was a guy running around in a ref jersey lighting people up and it wasn't just an isolated incident.
MUFFINS

#33 SniperwolfGKG

SniperwolfGKG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Congratulations to the New Empire and all the players who fought the heat and each other all weekend to make this such a great weekend.. I thank each and every one of you for making this event a blast..can't wait to play with or against all of you again..

#34 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

With what I counted in the shower last light in my hotel room I'd say like 94.... It was all worth it...

How many welts? :lol:

#35 zerolatency

zerolatency

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

people aren't going to stop shooting at you so you can call in a medic. I wouldn't either.

They are going to stop shooting, and most did. I say most because there are always people like you that clearly know the rules and ignore them. Doesn't matter if you agree with the rule or not, rules are rules, they were posted in a number of different places long long before the game started and if you didn't like them, you shouldn't have come. If a medic is willing to risk his ass to save a player, you get the opportunity to shoot him, if he doesn't, whats the harm in the player sitting on the field not shooting at you waiting for a medic?

#36 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Had a sick time at LL!

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

1 user(s) are reading this topic