• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#51 SniperwolfGKG

SniperwolfGKG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

Mistakes def occur everyday.. And it takes one hell of a person to admit it..Very few people have such great integrity and I commend you.. I know we all support you in many more ways than a score sheet.. It's not every day that I can go and get a chance to have the fun I do by shooting people or getting shot at, or diving out the back of a HQ because a Empire player is running up to blow up the base.. Win or lose it was a amazing weekend away from the everyday hustle of normal life..what more can u ask for a great weekend away with some of the best ballets ever.. Great weather, maybe too hot..lol.. It was a honor to share the field with players from both sides and to meet so many people.. I will see you all next year for legends 6..

#52 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'm already starting my "Living Legends 6" envelope fund... Viper, don't sweat it. You're a great guy who works hard to put on the best scenarios in the country. I honestly don't think I could find an event to top Living Legends. :)
Posted Image

#53 boomerbrotherhood

boomerbrotherhood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Viper I think your reputaion speaks for itself anyone who has ever played or commanded one of your events knows how you run them and would never think otherwise we are all human and stuff happens it was a hard fought game and congrats to the Horde for pulling off the victory

#54 illmatic

illmatic

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

everyone that played was a winner this weekend, both teams played very well.
For Sale :
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=179896 TechPB Jersey / Dye Jersey
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=179889 Bob Long Vice
http://www.techpb.co...0 Dye UL Back / Stiffi CF Front

#55 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

The score was irrelevant to me. I had a great time.

#56 Shorts

Shorts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for checking Viper! It is an honest mistake and takes a very respectable person to stand up and admit that after all was said and done with!

It was a great event, our second event there, and definitely not our last. We love your games and plan to attend any that we are able to :)

#57 DdubD37

DdubD37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

I played saturday for the Empire and had a blast...but I couldn't make it sunday, due to son's 2nd bday. I will deff be there next year both DAYS!!!

#58 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Something seemed a tad off. But all is well. Amazing job Viper and all who helped the event. This was my first Viper Scenario and Living Legends and certainly not my last.

#59 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

I knew something was amiss when Willie didn't win. He's a winner, that's what he does. :wub:
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#60 PackerBacker

PackerBacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

I agree stick Willie is a winner lol
Posted Image

#61 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

score is irrelevant

FIFY

Borg would have liked it most that way

EDIT: i claim page 4 for the empire

Edited by cockerpunk, 21 May 2012 - 10:38 PM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#62 murph

murph

LL5 Horde XO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Win or Lose.....we all had an amazing weekend. Thanks Viper, The Horde, The Empire and everything in between.
Posted Image

GUNMEN WRECKING CREW

#63 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

all good, I know it's tough to go before everyone and admit you made a mistake, but thanks again for taking the time to double check the math and award the win to the correct team

Congrats to the Horde!!!!! Great win fellas!!!

#64 Tyger

Tyger

Have tail, will travel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

There was a score?

Dang, I thought it was a weekend of being with friends, shootin' paint and doing something ya liked.

It's all good. It was good to get out there, score is irrelevant, it's all about who's smiling at days end.

-Tyger

Webdog Radio. Old Dog, New Tricks Now on Youtube!
Posted Image
0096 2251 2110 8105

#65 DubGeek13

DubGeek13

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

I had a great weekend regardless of the score. Thank you for coming clean; we all make mistakes. HORDE, HORDE, HORDE!!!

Edited by DubGeek13, 21 May 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Citrus Connection, proudly sponsored by: TechPB - Animal Paintball Customs - ORingMonkey.com - High Impact Imagery - CPHQ

#66 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Great weekend regardless of how it turned out but glad HORDE took the win! ;)
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#67 MIDNIGHTANGELZ

MIDNIGHTANGELZ

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Location:CHICAGO, IL Or Onthe other side of the field smiling w/ pistols

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

NO WORRIES IT WAS FUN!!! I just feel bad for the people that don't get on the internet...
Posted Image

#68 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

score is irrelevant

FIFY

Borg would have liked it most that way

EDIT: i claim page 4 for the empire

I was going to say exactly this.

#69 Hurricane+

Hurricane+

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

All I can do is speak for myself and my team The Bayou Mafia. We drove all the way from southern Louisiana picked up more in Mississippi and made the trek NORTH,, WE came to play paintball, to play at the famed CPX and play a game produced by Viper Paintball. Living Legends we have watched on You tube for years, always saying "one day". Well our day came and we played. I play paintball for many reasons but mostly for the friends I make along the way. We all cheer for the "win" but that really is not the point. The ride back from games is for reflection, how did we play? Could we have done something different? Ha long ride back some reflect too much. Personally I relish the one on one we all get into, the gun fights, I see you and you see me. Who gets who? Some I won and some I lost this weekend and some I wish to forget. How on earth could a guy get within ten feet of me? Great sportsman, he one balled me in the pack. Stand up play. One memorable push on the Horde I was involved in. You guys where in the pallet field almost to our base. All I had was my Metadyne and a bunch of rockets, well this 52 year old man pushed you guys all the way back to the woods. Ha not alone, I will add, but the players were in a defensive posture. Pretty Lou was loud on that bull horn, push up, push up. There I was with the rockets going from bunker to bunker.
Yes we keep a score. I have commanded a few games and have helped produce some smaller games. So I know how both command staffs are feeling. I know there are so many places that any human could make a mistake .Keeping score is not always as easy as one side gets points , decisions have to be made and Kerry made the right one here. I will continue to play Vipers games with no second thought. CPX puts on one hell of an event and I would hope they would have us back.
I play paintball to make memories with friends and that we all accomplished.
A view from the “other winners”
Hurricane
Bayou Mafia

Edited by Hurricane+, 21 May 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#70 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

I just literally got home but Derek (cocker addict) called me while I was on my way home after dropping me off. There was a bit of cheering in the car I'll admit lol. It was quite confusing yesterday to hear we lost but mistakes happen, as you said many would just sweep it under the rug, it takes a man with pills to admit it. Kudos Kerry, you'll be seeing us at Carnage and LLVI, my guys had the time of their life.

#71 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

There was no losing team @ this event, only 2 teams who fought the hardest battle I've ever had the pleasure to take part in. It was HOT AS HELL on the field, but that didn't stop anyone from giving it all they had. My hats off to everyone at the event and the New Empire made us work for every inch of the field. 362 days till LL6!!!

#72 Rangel

Rangel

Windy City Warriors- CPX Sports-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

This is why I LOVE Viper Events.

Honesty above all else

#73 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

LOL. when you announced the final score even some of the empire players were like

"umm... We'll take it... but not sure how.."

It was a good event, People had fun, I got to meet a few of the players who have steered my paintball direction (Tyger especially. I threw Citrus Connection stickers at him... hopefully he uses em :tup: )
and all around had an awesome time. Got to see the ever so wonderful Cockerpunk, while I didnt say hello I did creep... lmao.. sorry bro.
I can't wait for Canadian Carnage.

We played some UNREAL Teams. and had Awesome teams on our side. Brando of the Devil Dogs was a GOD with his rocket launcher, pegging building after building.
and it was Really Really nice to see them get some recognition.
likewise the Empire First Strike guys were SO FRIGGIN GOOD! Every time I'd start pushing the line or get to a front bunker I'd just hear

WZZZZIP

past my ear. FEAR into my heart. LOL

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#74 Mudduck

Mudduck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

My first big game. Loads of fun. Doesn't matter who won in the end, although the points are exactly what drives us to the objectives.
No worries at all Viper. Fun stuff. Look forward to LL6 with you running the show.

#75 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Shit happens viper! You did a great job! Cant wait for next year !
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Royce

#76 sqyire

sqyire

Maine-iac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Thanks Viper, I had technical problems too. Many interviews I did in game of younger players, did not come out due to a Mic breaking somehow.. I felt so bad for not being able to put them on youtube. The sinking feelig of letting them down is worse than anythig else. So, I already made a video with an apology to them as well. Despite the best planning and testing, things go wrong with technology. You handled this in the best possible way and have earned even more respect with the whle community (if that was possible?)

One suggestion I have is to have a scoreboard of some sort that allows for closer competition and morale boosting/response through out satruday and sunday, but reserves the last battle score so that the winner announceent is still a surprise. I think having a scoreboard would really help players be more involved as in other sports that live update the score.

Thank you for another awesome time with all you and your staff/CPX does! :)

#77 pinkyy

pinkyy

I'm slightly alive...

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I will bring the creepy eyes too Canadian Carnage ;) I respect you Viper A lot. Can't wait to play more of you're events :D
To those brave men and women who fought for their lives, who fought to save our lives. We stand at attention in honor of our fallen ones.

Lest We Forget those who fought so hard, never be forgotten. Never take anything for granted, always remember always respect.. ♥

Citrus Connection Scenario Paintball. Me, Crazy Dancing Pink Pant, Crazy Eyed Canadian..

#78 Viper Scenarios

Viper Scenarios

International Scenario Productions

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

I only have one question about the score... and it doesn't really make any difference... but if both teams failed one defend mission (both on saturday and sunday) doesnt that mean the other team succeeded at capturing that point?

Just to try and cover all bases I have had a night in my own bed and can now more accurately answer this question. This is actually correct on the breakdown.

With this format each side has a capture and a defend each hour, as well as a skirmish. Added to that are three two-part missions per hour.

However, while the skirmish is at the same location for both sides, the captures and defends are not. Ergo the red team may have to capture point A and defend point D while skirmishing and point C, while the blue team may be assigned to capture point B and defend point D while skirmishing at point C.

So, theoretically, both the red AND blue teams could BOTH complete BOTH of their capture and defend missions because red captured A and defended D while the blue team captured B and defended D. The only either/or would be the skirmish, as they are both at point C and only one could hold it for the majority of the time. The exception would be if both red and blue somehow controlled the domination box for the EXACT number of seconds...down to the THOUSANDTH of a second, which is how accurately the time in the box tracks the time.

Hopefully I explained this in a way it makes sense.

Now...this mistake, and throwing myself on the mercy of the public opinion, has been the most stressful thing I have faced in years. I am going to step away and spend some quality time with Pam. I was away for a week and need to show the most important person in my life that I love her and not just all of you. ;)
Kerry "Viper" Rosenberry
Event Director: Viper Paintball
www.viperpaintball.com

Posted Image

#79 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Viper,

Thanks for always throwing great events. I know TechPB will be at as many as we can and will always support your events. It is always a great time had by all at Living Legends. While some of us care for the score for small smack talking rights amongst friends in the end it really doesn't matter the score. It only really matters that you enjoyed the event.

I think I can speak for about 95.9% or more that we had a great time and will be back next year. Enjoy your time with your family and see you in a month in Canada!

#80 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Viper, don't sweat the little stuff. One computer calculated error shouldnt change how much fun people had. This was my first legends and im already excited for next year and sad I can't make it to Canada. Amazing event

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#81 tacticool

tacticool

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

Great scenario regardless of scoring! Can't wait to play a viper game on my home soil!

TechPB'S Local Parawhore

#82 PackerBacker

PackerBacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

I agree with Etek and Willie.... Winning is great but at 15 I can tell you for sure I will remenber this event for my whole life.
Thanks for putting on an amazing event Viper!
Jack
Posted Image

#83 BRH

BRH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Viper,

As always you run a great scenario event and no matter what the score is or who won it was again a great time and event. Mistakes happen and it takes a person of integrity to admit it and make it right!! Outstanding!!!

#84 murph

murph

LL5 Horde XO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Once again Kerry.......I had a blast. Keep up the good work Kerry, you can always count on the GUNMEN.
Posted Image

GUNMEN WRECKING CREW

#85 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yes when I heard the final score, it didn't feel right. The Horde had the energy, the drive, the momentum and the enthusiasm all event.

Living Legends comes down to "Who wants it more?", you could feel the energy from the opening ceremony.

The Horde did awesome, the Horde was the opponent that I wish I had for LL2, LL3 and LL4. Fierce, aggressive, nonstop and overpowering. Believe it or not, I loved facing that kind of aggressiveness. It made me think more, it made me try to come up with ideas and make quick decisions to hold them off. First I was using the 50 Cal, then I went to the Ghillie Suit for 2 insertions, then I broke out the FN303, then I went to the rocket launcher. When all of that failed, I went to pure berserker mode with the SWAT Truck run in the dinner battle.

Just a grueling, nonstop, agonizing two days of ball-busting play. I'm proud of both teams. I'm proud of the New Empire for fighting till the end, and I'm proud of the Horde for bringin' it all weekend.

Amazing weekend, time to start training for next year :-)

#86 PackerBacker

PackerBacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Mike you did an amazing job leading your squad. We ran into you a couple of times and got steam rolled. Amazing job this weekend and hope to play with you in the near future!
Posted Image

#87 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

It really was an amazing event. Hopefully I'll get a little more down time at Canadian Carnage to just chill with everyone. It was go go go all weekend.

40k-1.png

#88 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Congrats everyone on Horde and I apologize to any Empire who may be made at me for being so happy, but, if you work your ass off all weekend to learn that you lost, then you win, you get pretty fricken pumped...... FOR THE HORDE!!!!!! WE ARE FREE FROM THE EMPIRES REIGN A NEW ERA HAS COME

ALONG AND WE ARE NOW THE LEADERS!!!!! NICE JOB HORDE HORDE! HORDE ! HORDE ! HORDE!

We have succesfully liberated the Empires Bacon as well! LOL

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#89 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Mike you did an amazing job leading your squad. We ran into you a couple of times and got steam rolled. Amazing job this weekend and hope to play with you in the near future!

Yea unfortunately it was difficult to gather everyone up, once the game started we scattered all over the place. Its tough to transition from "leader" to "player", especially when I tend to prefer being a "player" over a leader/commander

But on that note, I did learn some great lessons at LL5 that I will apply at CC, to better communicate to my team where to go and when.

#90 Radar

Radar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

One of my biggest disappointments from LLV was missing out on the Praetorian Guard skirmish(es). Really wanted to put in some work with Mike and the rest of you guys, but when I asked when our skirmish was at our CP, they just told us they needed people at "X" part of the field. I was about 2 minutes late to base at the start and missed where our squad were headed because of a miscommunication regarding the # of punches a player ID should have if we'd played the pump / pistol game on Friday night. Chronoed at 8:30 in the morning and they never punched my card, so I ended up having to wait in line to chrono again. Not the end of the world, but still a hiccup.

Anyway... Overall, I feel like it was a great introduction to scenario ball for me. REALLY looking forward to it next year, and hopefully I'll get to meet some more awesome people.

#91 PistolRogue

PistolRogue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

Congrats everyone on Horde and I apologize to any Empire who may be made at me for being so happy, but, if you work your ass off all weekend to learn that you lost, then you win, you get pretty fricken pumped...... FOR THE HORDE!!!!!! WE ARE FREE FROM THE EMPIRES REIGN A NEW ERA HAS COME

ALONG AND WE ARE NOW THE LEADERS!!!!! NICE JOB HORDE HORDE! HORDE ! HORDE ! HORDE!

We have succesfully liberated the Empires Bacon as well! LOL

You may take our lives, but you'll NEVER take our bacon!!!

#92 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,804 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

Yes, the Canadian forces have successfully brought Poutine to the poor misguided Empire.

Now their lives are truly worth living.

40k-1.png

#93 Bluebunny

Bluebunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

It looks like all that running with a barrel and making a fool of myself to get our team to push worked out haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users