• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I try to lift about 3 times a week. Are there any benefits to taking protein on days I don't lift? Or should I just stick to taking it on lift days?

#2 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Stick to days you do lift for when you have protein shakes. You can have protien though such as eggs, fish, and meats. I would lift 5 days a week instead. I used to work chest and arms on the same day but it benefits more if I just do chest tuesday for 40 minutes, keep all the blood in that area and then do arms thrusday. So what I do is:

Monday: Back and Cardio
Tuesday: Arms
Wensday: Legs and Cardio
Thursday: Chest
Friday: Shoulders and Cardio

I hope this helps. If it is for weight gain just eat more food but make sure it is healthy not fat and snacky foods.
Posted Image

#3 twig05

twig05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

That does help, thanks. As for increasing calories to build muscle, would it again be necessary to eat a surplus on off days instead of just on lift days? Example of 2000 calories on non-lift and 2500 on lift days. I would like to increase muscle but keep fat gain to a minimum.

#4 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Protein is essential to muscle building. You can and should take a protein supplement every day. i suggest taking a protein shake first thing when you wake up. After sleeping all of those hours your body will be in a catabolic state and could really use that protein. At times i even wake up at 3 AM and down a shake so my body is not going that whole time without fuel, and then i go back to bed. Or you can take some cassien protein before bed which will release much slower than regular whey protein and will give your body protein all night. if your trying to bulk up and gain weight you need to eat big every day. at least 50g of protein after workout and then a large amount of carbs about 90 minutes after. Carbs will help increase the volume a muscle cell has and in turn expand your muscles. Hope this help and feel free to hit me up for any questions!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users