#1 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hopper hoarders, check in please :)

I'd like to make a Frankenstein hopper out of my backup Magna so I'll need a new board and a Halo shell (and likely some extended wires). Long story short, its board is malfunctioning. I verified by swapping it out with my other Magna, trying with all 6 sound levels, and it still wont' shoot. Since it was just my backup, I'd like to try experimenting with it. To do so, I'll need some opinions on products available for it. So if you've used these products or can provide information on them it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Magna Loader Virtue Board
Product Link:
http://www.ansgear.c...rboardmagna.htm

I'd like to use this board for the following reasons:
-Dual On-board Sensors
-Jam Detection / Auto un-jam
-plug and play (ie. easy to install)

Things against this board
-description seems wrong
-can't find the manual
-Virtue's website is a disaster
-customer service seems to be slipping
-few reviews / opinions on it
-will likely require a new RF kit if I go that route. Unlikely that I'll use RF, but I do have a spare Empire Magna one.

Questions:
a. Has anybody used this?
b. Why the devil does every website, including Virtue's, say that their board for the Magna uses eyes?

The all new Virtue Magna Board keeps your Magna running smooth and consistently with adjustable, performance optimized motor logic powered by dual On-Board Sensors (accelerometer & eyes).

Do I need to buy eyes? I don't think so but first-hand experience appreciated. I think what's happened is that Virtue was too lazy to proofread their description and just copied over their Reloader board description based off this review and the Reloader description:

Halo Heaven March 12, 2012
Reviewer: CAOL_98 from Douglas, WY United States
If you like halo loaders still, and you want to get the most out of yours, you will be installing the best upgrade you can get for a halo if you purchase this board! I've used halo v35's, magna'd halos, reloader b's, prophecies (v1, v2, and an ltd)...and this is by far the fastest loader out of them all! Virtue makes super sweet boards for guns, and their loader boards are no different! My only complaints are that you need to check with ans and make sure you're getting the correct board...they sent me a magna (magna is the same board except it has a different style of battery connector and no connections for an eye cable)...you also might need to trim the sodder on the back of the board...it sticks out a mile, and won't let the board install properly...I was comfortable doing this...don't if you're not. Other then that everything else works great! You will not be disappointed!

http://www.ansgear.com/Halo_Reloader_Virtue_Board_p/virtueloaderboardhalo.htm

That board SHOULD have eyes. It seems similar to the Cheetah boards.

c. Does the unjam work? Even with a magna clutch? Can someone describe how it works? Does it work like the Cheetah's (full speed reverse), the V35 (blinks and shuts down), or the Z2's (pulses back) unjam? I don't understand how the unjam can work with a Magna clutch. Won't it just slip like crazy?

2. Cheetah v. 10.2 board
Product Manual:
http://www.predatore...cheetah10.2.pdf

-fast
-monitors both eyes and motor
-can use white or black paint
-has an excellent unjam sequence

-little to no support
-motor problems (ie. v1 - v2)
-unjam likely won't work with a magna clutch
-hard to find
-I'd have to buy eyes

Questions:
b. Has anybody used it with a magna clutch? Did you use "purple" mode or did it work if you just put in ALL the magnets? ie. the magna clutch isn't a magna clutch

3. Virtue Board Halo/Reloader/Invert Too
Product Link:
http://www.zephyrpai...rade-Board.html

-Dual On-board Sensors
-Jam Detection / Auto un-jam
-plug and play (ie. easy to install)

-can't find the manual
-Virtue's website is a disaster
-customer service seems to be slipping
-few reviews / opinions on it
-will likely require a new RF kit if I go that route. Unlikely that I'll use RF, but I do have a spare Empire Magna one.
-I'd have to buy eyes

Questions (very similar to #1):
b. Does the unjam work? Even with a magna clutch? Can someone describe how it works? Does it work like the Cheetah's (full speed reverse), the V35 (blinks and shuts down), or the Z2's (pulses back) unjam? I don't understand how the unjam can work with a Magna clutch. Won't it just slip like crazy?

So, uh, yeah.......Virtue and Cheetah hopper users chime in. Your input is appreciated.

#2 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

Got a response back from Virtue. Quick, courteous reply so props to them for that.

My original email:

Hello,

I would like to purchase a Virtue circuit board for my Magna, but am
confused by the product description.

Magna:
Magna Virtue Board

It states:

"The all new Virtue Magna Board keeps your Magna running smooth and
consistently with adjustable, performance optimized motor logic