#1 meatloaf

meatloaf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hey guys,

Myself and the rest of the Devil Dogs had a wonderful weekend playing with and against everyone. I just wanted to get this off of my chest. Please in the future, if you see a rocket on the field that does not belong to you or teammate please leave it on the ground. The refs did a pretty good job this year of picking them up and returning them to Viper Command but I know some people took them as souvenirs as I came with 120 and left with 12. They aren't cheap, I buy them for my side to be able to make big pushes as the launcher is a very effective tool. I just ask that if you see a rocket laying on the ground (it will most likely have a team name on it) either just leave it there as the rules state or if you must pick it up return it to the team that is written on it. It would be much appreciated.

Edited by meatloaf, 22 May 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#2 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Yeah I showed up with 32 and only returned with 6. A bit better than you made out but the wife was PISSED when I told her! At an average of 3.50 a piece it gets expensive fast. I can understand why your upset thats probably 350 bucks that grew legs and walked right out of your wallet.

Running a LAW is not a cheap way to participate in an event. In most cases its more expensive as we buy paint on top of buying our Nerfs. Not to mention the initial cost of buying a launcher on top of the cost of our "regular" paintball setups. Please do us LAW guys a favor and return or point out Nerfs to refs so we can get them back. I can see loosing 10% at an event NOT 90+%.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Just a question, what do these look like? I did not go to LL5, and feel bad for your loss. Did people just pick up rockets that did not break on tanks.

#4 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

Here ya go. Its an older stash I had. The newer ones are white, brown and black.

Posted Image

Kev
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#5 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Ya I gets expensive really fast which sucks because without a launcher pushes like in bedlam are difficult. I tried to bring as many rockets back to your team as possibly. The worst thing is because there is so much going on the refs miss a lot of them.

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

I know how you feel bro, I came with 15 and left with 2. I think I may have accidentally picked up one of the Devil Dog's rockets at one point, but I know for a fact I didn't leave with any. It's a hard life for us LAW-men...

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

For any non-LAW players reading this Viper keeps a box outside of his command tent. Most big games should have something similar. I know I found at least one that had Dogs written on it that I threw in there, brought back a few Saints as well.

Posted Image

#8 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

I only saw one on the ground, and I didn't pick any up but, to be honest, I had no clue that helping in their recovery was encouraged. It might be good for Viper to put word out at future events (I'm not saying he didn't, I just don't remember).

#9 Meat

Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

For any non-LAW players reading this Viper keeps a box outside of his command tent. Most big games should have something similar. I know I found at least one that had Dogs written on it that I threw in there, brought back a few Saints as well.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

#10 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Were you in a green jersey (I think) trying to take the tank out on the road at some point. And you crossed the road to get a better shot and left your bag on the other side and we were shouting at players to throw the bag up to you?

If that was you I figured if you were gonna spend that many rockets trying to take the tank out the least I could do was pick a few up and bring them back. I was walking off the field about 50 yards behind you but didn't have the energy to yell to you or run up and give them too you.

Posted Image

#11 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

I saw a few of Salvations towards the end of the day Saturday but the refs that were with us were doing a good job of scooping them up

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#12 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Every rocket I saw I picked up and brought to a ref. Whenever i can make it to living legends again in the future I plan to play launcher and first strike sniper most of the game.

#13 Meat

Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Were you in a green jersey (I think) trying to take the tank out on the road at some point. And you crossed the road to get a better shot and left your bag on the other side and we were shouting at players to throw the bag up to you?

If that was you I figured if you were gonna spend that many rockets trying to take the tank out the least I could do was pick a few up and bring them back. I was walking off the field about 50 yards behind you but didn't have the energy to yell to you or run up and give them too you.

I actually gave my launcher and nerfs to someone to use. as I was suffering some heat/illness related effects. But I did get them back eventually.

#14 HazMat

HazMat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I lost a few myself. When I left the end of the day on Sunday I saw quite a few in the Return box for other teams.

#15 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I saw a few of Salvations towards the end of the day Saturday but the refs that were with us were doing a good job of scooping them up

i still had the majority of mine thru saturday and sunday. That last hour or so in the Hyperball field is probably where most of mine are at. Not sure if the Refs didnt scoop up the last batch of mine as it was so close to end game or what.

Just wonder if we contact CPX if they would be willing to ship any they find in the next few weeks. Id rather pay a few bucks for shipping than try and replace 20 or so rockets.

Kev

Edited by Salvation, 23 May 2012 - 12:59 PM.

SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#16 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Incidently, where do you get the rockets? After I read the rules, and which nerf rockets you could use, I couldn't find ones that i was sure were correct anywhere.

#17 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Incidently, where do you get the rockets? After I read the rules, and which nerf rockets you could use, I couldn't find ones that i was sure were correct anywhere.

In the Midwest you can find them at Meijers, Family dollar and Just Deals. You can also find them online at various sites. They are called Aero Fliers now that they started making them again. If you are on Facebook join the Nerf Hearders group. We are always posting where we find them in our local area as well as online.

Kevin
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#18 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

The only decent launcher i can find info online about is the metadyne havoc rifle launcher.

Also there are a lot of nerf herding related groups on facebook thanks to the quote from star wars, but I think i found your group and sent a request. Approve pls.

Edited by hzuiel, 23 May 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#19 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

The only decent launcher i can find info online about is the metadyne havoc rifle launcher.

Also there are a lot of nerf herding related groups on facebook thanks to the quote from star wars, but I think i found your group and sent a request. Approve pls.

Not my group but Rodney is pretty quick to add! The Havoc is a great launcher with a number of options for it.

Kev

Edited by Salvation, 23 May 2012 - 06:09 PM.

SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#20 meatloaf

meatloaf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

The MKX Alias launcher coupled with JCS rockets is the best setup you can have. The accuracy and range is amazing. Ask the Empire.

#21 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

Not my group but Rodney is pretty quick to add! The Havoc is a great launcher with a number of options for it.

Kev

There is no rodney in the group i applied to.....it has 22 members and one guy named kevin, but it's kevin lumberjack jones. I thought maybe it was the right group because it says we use nerf to wage war. How many members are in the group you're in, and what is the exact spelling of the group name? i've tried "nerf hearders" like you originally spelled it, and "nerf herders" too. nerf hoarders maybe?

#22 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Linky http://www.facebook....68486069847354/

Sry should have checked the spelling

Kevin
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#23 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

I pocketed and returned rockets to refs everytime I saw one. I need my law guys for tanks and they are worthless without ammo! ;)

#24 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I pocketed and returned rockets to refs everytime I saw one. I need my law guys for tanks and they are worthless without ammo! ;)

im sure some were mine. Appreciate it!

Kev
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#25 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Meatloaf, was that you with the silver launcher on Saturday in Bedlam?

#26 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Someone came with a launcher toward the very end of the day, before the dinner battle when me and a couple guys were pinned down on the top of the hill with a tank down in armageddon, and they had a silver colored launcher i think.

#27 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

That was Meat...I was up there earlier that day, trying to rocket the Lapu Lapu tank....never got a clear shot on it all weekend...I am pretty sure I hit it 2-3 times though..

#28 Meat

Meat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

I was actually not around cept very early on on saturday, in Bedlam with the JCS (Silver LAW)

#29 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, I was right there next to you with the Metadyne on my vest, in that drop leg rig. I was pulling rockets out of that BT Drop Pouch like it was cool haha.

#30 meatloaf

meatloaf

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

I was running a silver JCS launcher

#31 deathrider

deathrider

deathrider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hey guys,

Myself and the rest of the Devil Dogs had a wonderful weekend playing with and against everyone. I just wanted to get this off of my chest. Please in the future, if you see a rocket on the field that does not belong to you or teammate please leave it on the ground. The refs did a pretty good job this year of picking them up and returning them to Viper Command but I know some people took them as souvenirs as I came with 120 and left with 12. They aren't cheap, I buy them for my side to be able to make big pushes as the launcher is a very effective tool. I just ask that if you see a rocket laying on the ground (it will most likely have a team name on it) either just leave it there as the rules state or if you must pick it up return it to the team that is written on it. It would be much appreciated.

if i had found any i would have taken them to viper or gave them to a ref

#32 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hats off to you rocket boys, you made some serious pushes possible!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Royce

#33 kingstonkoolaid

kingstonkoolaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:13 PM

Not sure how many my buddy shot, but, He checked Saturday and Sunday before leaving the field and only managed to recover 2 of his rockets
Posted Image

#34 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Idk who it was, but they had a silver jcs launcher and it was early Saturday when I still had my shitty evil paint so I just gave my tank to the guy who had the launcher on armegedon.

Edited by robot0ninja, 02 June 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#35 EgoPossum

EgoPossum

Playin' pump & Hurtin' Feelings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Yeah I showed up with 32 and only returned with 6. A bit better than you made out but the wife was PISSED when I told her! At an average of 3.50 a piece it gets expensive fast. I can understand why your upset thats probably 350 bucks that grew legs and walked right out of your wallet.

Running a LAW is not a cheap way to participate in an event. In most cases its more expensive as we buy paint on top of buying our Nerfs. Not to mention the initial cost of buying a launcher on top of the cost of our "regular" paintball setups. Please do us LAW guys a favor and return or point out Nerfs to refs so we can get them back. I can see loosing 10% at an event NOT 90+%.

Kev

Tell me about it.
At LL4 I had over 30 rockets when I started and left with just under 15. Where we are in Canada it is hard to find them and I usually have to go stateside to find them in large numbers. I have replenished my stocks now (didn't run heavy weapons at LL5) but damn is does it get expensive to run with my launcher.
I have now taken to putting coloured vinyl tape on the shafts of my rockets along with marking my team name on them to make them easier to find in the pile of nerfs.

My Havoc is covered in Digi-Cam tape that hunters use to cover up their guns. Stuff only sticks to itself and leaves little residue on the marker. Gives it that sorta renegade vibe

Edited by EgoPossum, 16 August 2012 - 10:30 PM.

"I shoot pump because it hurts more feelings." -- ryantuomi (heard at Living Legends 2)
"Pumping is about as much a disadvantage for me as shifting is for a Nascar driver" - good buddy of mine said this when we were talking about going against the local tourney team
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball

#36 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

I have been scouring ebay for rockets...they dont stock them ANYwhere out here in Cali...

#37 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Search metadyne and huge lots will show up. Very expensive but they are around. I'm trying to find the mini vortex howlers. The rockets that whistle. At least it would be easy to know which ones were mine...

#38 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Never thought to look up Metadyne....well played sir...I would love to get some Mini Howlers for when I eventually make a project out of my NerfelWerfer...lol.

#39 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

I've found some mini howlers but they are all over seas. Might have to pay the extra price for the giggles.

#40 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Doooo iiiiiittt. How many are there? I might split the cost with you if its a large number, if you are willing..

#41 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have been scouring ebay for rockets...they dont stock them ANYwhere out here in Cali...

Irish,

Have your WI buddies check local Family Dollar, Meijers and Wal-Mart (most expensive NFL ones). Sometimes you can find them at Big Lots near the holidays. Also check this facebook page http://www.facebook....68486069847354/ they are always posting where they find rockets both online and Brick and Mortar stores.

Kevin
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana

#42 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

I have had them keep their eyes open, sadly they always seem to be in short supply..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users