93 replies to this topic

#1 Greasy Balls

Greasy Balls

The Shrimp Mane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

So, what did you learn at your ll5 experience that you will do or not do at ll6???

Posted Image

4/0/0

#2 Kraus

Kraus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

I will not wear running shoes while trying to climb the hills on the north side of the field. My ankles hurt so frickin bad! High top shoes from now on!

Captain of B.O.B. White Paintball
https://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
"Celly" the guy with a wheelchair for a #

Living Legends 6 "Most Valuable Team" for the Empire

Sponsored by: http://www.yourpbfriend.com

#3 PistolPete93

PistolPete93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

I will not crawl through brush and get poison ivy. Oh wait, yes I will, because I always fucking get poison ivy. FML
youtube.com/PistolPete93PB

#4 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

I will not keep getting suckered into crawling through the woods.

#5 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

I will drink 20 bottles of water in one day instead of 10... Posted Image

It was too fucking hot.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#6 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Lessons Learned: Make sure one of your perks is Honey Badger when you select your load out

Honey badger: Honey Badger don't give a shit. 1000 people on the other side of that bunker? Get the fuck to that bunker. Work doesn't get done when your the only one pushing. you need dedicated honey badgers to run forward, shoot as they move and bump up. the long balling approach utterly and completely fails during big events

Edit:

Click this photo. this is a perfect example of why the Horde kicked ass all weekend:
http://danvoils.smugmug.com/Paintball/Scenarios/LL5-Final-Battle-2012/23124120_qXj5gz#!i=1863153535&k=bHQL7Kd

Edited by Eskimo, 23 May 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#7 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Wear high socks to avoid having your shoes cut grooves into your heels.

Posted Image

#8 MaxDuell

MaxDuell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

I will bring a back up gun and hopper next year. I think I got less than three hours of play in due to my Axe and Z2 not working properly.

#9 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

I will not crawl through brush and get poison ivy. Oh wait, yes I will, because I always fucking get poison ivy. FML

Yeah I just finished putting on lotion haha.

#10 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,105 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

the best way to get to the front line bunkers is walking to them directly with your gun down.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#11 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

the best way to get to the front line bunkers is walking to them directly with your gun down.

.....so doing a dead mans walk?

#12 MP34PB

MP34PB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Bring some sunscreen, and drink more water.

#13 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Sunscreen and eating proper meals. I almost passed out on Saturday due to a lack of energy. Was plenty hydrated but 2 bacon sandwiches was NOT a good meal for as much activity I was doing. Next time I'll load up on the carbs, as much as I hate too.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#14 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

.....so doing a dead mans walk?

nope, just walking like a bad ass

http://inasnapphotog...3&po=319&pc=950

pic of me walking up to the hill during the final battle while everyone around me takes cover

Edited by cockerpunk, 23 May 2012 - 01:34 PM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

#15 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, there's no real reason to be afraid of the paint that's lobbed over the hill.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#16 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Crazy little doesnt like being touched.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#17 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I will not skip dinner and drink till 3am before playing
I will drink much much more water
I will carry more pods so I don't get reamed when I run out of paint during a rumble

#18 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

pfft

#19 Side-Swipe

Side-Swipe

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I will carry more pods so I don't get reamed when I run out of paint during a rumble

You only drank till 3am?

#20 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Sorry I'm not as cool as you guys

#21 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

pfft

It was only 2 am, and didn't you have some Giordianos?

Edited by The_Economist, 23 May 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#22 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

pfft

It was only 2 AM.

it was 3 am the night before

#23 murph

murph

LL5 Horde XO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

-You should have ate with the Canadians....we brought a COOK
-you shouldn't have partied with the Canadians so much
-I didn't mean to yell at you when you ran out of pods.....but can I suggest the Valken 5+7 pod pack

Thanks for all the horde kicking ass
Posted Image

GUNMEN WRECKING CREW

#24 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

pfft

It was only 2 AM.

it was 3 am the night before

I learned that I should now plan to stay Thursday night so that I can get in on the Thursday night party. Here I was thinking that Friday and Saturday would be enough.

-I didn't mean to yell at you when you ran out of pods.....but can I suggest the Valken 5+7 pod pack

Etekgirl would be dwarfed by a 5+7 podpack. It would weigh approximately as much as her.

#25 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,932 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I don't think you yelled at me, I ran out of paint just as blue came storming in during the first rumble in meridia on sat. Took about 3 dozen to the top of my head like a champ.

Lesons I've also learned...never believe The_economist when he says he will show you pictures of his kids on his phone

#26 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sorry I'm not as cool as you guys

true story

GET IN THE POOL

#27 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

I will bring more rockets, and run a remote line for my MetaDyne, so I can rain more rockets for longer...

I will have a dedicated tank distraction team with me when attempting to LAW a tank...and avoid having the ref standing right on top of me in my hidden position in the woods, so they just spray the ref cause they know I am in there somewhere.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#28 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

I will not fight into the woods, I will fight out of them.
I will have months of usage logged on all of my equipment before I bring it to LL6.
I will bring multiple sets of player wear (pads, jersey's, pants, goggles) so, I can be more social at the end of the day.
I will bring my Woodstalker Ion so, I can more effectively participate in the dinner / final battles (when there's that much shooting by both teams, playing whack-a-mole with heads as they pop up and down, sucks).
I will work with a small team, at all times (unless directed by leadership otherwise).

#29 Shorts

Shorts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

I will introduce myeslf to more people. Though, the people I ran with on the field at times (Orange and the Citrus Connection along with Devil Dogs) were absolutely awesome.

#30 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah I just finished putting on lotion haha.

How in the heck did you guys get poison ivy. I can get that stuff just by thinking about it. If there was any in that woods I can't believe i didn't manage to crawl through it.

Next time I get to go(which probably won't be until living legends 7 unless they do a different weekend next year) I will be saving my money for at least a case of grenades for the final battle, a nerf launcher and a tiberius 8.1 to carry with it, and probably a tiberius 9.1 too, and only use my speedball gear for pushing objectives outside of the woods. I think i did a great job on being prepared hydration wise, food wise, and wearing comfortable gear. I had sneakers on but i wore long socks that didn't let the shoes dig into my heels. Only thing i might change about that is next time i will probably have medium height cleats with gel insoles. I wore underarmor under my jersey and pants. I used gold bond which got me through a long sweaty day. I had half a gallon of gatorade and over 2 gallons of water that i added sea salt to for an electrolyte, and lemon and lime juice to cover up the salt taste. I ate sandwiches of whole grain bread, coarse ground mustard(which was supposed to help avoid muscle cramps) cheese and ham, at decent intervals throughout the day. For being out of shape and a big guy i still managed to grind my way all through the entire day saturday.

#31 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I will bring more rockets, and run a remote line for my MetaDyne, so I can rain more rockets for longer...

I will have a dedicated tank distraction team with me when attempting to LAW a tank...and avoid having the ref standing right on top of me in my hidden position in the woods, so they just spray the ref cause they know I am in there somewhere.

Running remote is a godsend for the Havoc. So much lighter and you can practically snap shoot with it. Having 20 rockets per insertion was good to. Even though the Pavillion by the hyperball field got in the way of the longer shots, they definatly hesitated in jumping back into those front bunkers I could hit easily.

I also saw something I have never seen before when running a LAW. On a couple of occasions the player in a bunker heard the Nerf hit and called himself out. Also the CPX refs are getting better at remembering the rules for LAWS. Last year they were kinda in the dark on how they worked.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#32 outoftowner

outoftowner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm definately going to bite the bullet and buy myself a t2 before next year so I can do more in the pump games than run around with a broken t8.1 (I swear it worked 5 minutes before! :P ).

I'm going to drag someone along who is 21 so we can rent a car so I can avoid spending $40 a day on cab rides.

And take more pictures, meet more people, the standard stuff.

#33 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

I was doing work on those speedball fields with my Havoc, until some ref clocked me and I was shooting 142 and he made me get out and rechrono it. By the time I got back, we had driven them back through the hyperball field, and I was running to keep up so I dropped my rocket launcher and rockets.

People DID do a good job of calling themselves out when it came to rockets, and I even got a "Nice Shot!" from a couple of NE players as they were walking off the field, as I was rocketing Armageddon (on Saturday). I wish I had gotten my rockets back (I ended up having to borrow a couple from a friend during the day, and I picked one or two up that i came across when I was making a push). I had only one incidient were I had to literally have a ref watch me hit a bunker and pull players out, because they would not come out on their own.

Also thing I will learn for next year...when teching Ego on the field, do not attempt to fire it with it aired up with the bolt unsecured...it will shoot back and smack you in the face...

#34 PackerBacker

PackerBacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I was doing work on those speedball fields with my Havoc, until some ref clocked me and I was shooting 142 and he made me get out and rechrono it. By the time I got back, we had driven them back through the hyperball field, and I was running to keep up so I dropped my rocket launcher and rockets.
People DID do a good job of calling themselves out when it came to rockets, and I even got a "Nice Shot!" from a couple of NE players as they were walking off the field, as I was rocketing Armageddon (on Saturday). I wish I had gotten my rockets back (I ended up having to borrow a couple from a friend during the day, and I picked one or two up that i came across when I was making a push). I had only one incidient were I had to literally have a ref watch me hit a bunker and pull players out, because they would not come out on their own.

Also thing I will learn for next year...when teching Ego on the field, do not attempt to fire it with it aired up with the bolt unsecured...it will shoot back and smack you in the face...

Lol! Did that happen? And what did it do fire a round at your mask?
Posted Image

#35 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

I described an issue in another thread about a deformed, mentos shaped painball jamming my rotor, and then finally working it's way into the gun and jamming that, where i found the problem, and after i cleared the problem paintball out, and got my hopper back on, i forgot to slide the bolt back in where i had removed it to shove the mentos out with a swap, and i pulled the trigger and a paintball shot out the back. Lulz

#36 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

It did Packer, the bolt and ball came out, and the ball bounced but still scared the shit outta me lol.

And nice Hzuiel, its definitely one of those only need to learn it once lessons.

#37 PackerBacker

PackerBacker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Lol!
Posted Image

#38 Chicago Paintballer

Chicago Paintballer

Hold yer Tacos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Stay hydrated. Bring more water. Bring a blanket to camp with. Possibly stay at a hotel. Don't throw up 6 times and miss out in the Dinner Battle (Sorry Pistol Pete and Jarz >.< )
My YouTube Channel: ChicagoPaintballer

Posted Image

I don't like getting shot by my teammates so either AIM UP or MOVE UP!!!

#39 sands24

sands24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Next time I will bring more than one microfiber cloth to the field with me! Also, I will be more willing to share 10 round tubes of paint with people now that I know how much paint I go through with my stock class phantom in a scenario game. XD

#40 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I will not wear running shoes while trying to climb the hills on the north side of the field. My ankles hurt so frickin bad! High top shoes from now on!

I broke my ankle doing this at LL4.

#41 Kraus

Kraus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Damn, I'm glad that I just felt pain and not THAT much pain. Today, I'm feeling much better. Just getting to damn old for this shit. :)

Captain of B.O.B. White Paintball
https://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
"Celly" the guy with a wheelchair for a #

Living Legends 6 "Most Valuable Team" for the Empire

Sponsored by: http://www.yourpbfriend.com

#42 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

I did pretty good for myself this year! Played both days without incident or injury! Kept the boozing to a minimum.

The weekend before LL5 I played at the local field, recball, both Saturday and Sunday to help get in shape and brush up on tactics.

At CPX I drank water the whole time even when I wasn't thirsty, boosted it with Cytomax, took electrolyte supplements in pill form, and topped that off with some Sport Legs. Better living through chemistry!

When it got really hot, I soaked my neck protector and head bandana in water for some evaporative cooling with the strong wind we had. Got my hair cut short too, that helped with the heat a lot.

I put baby powder in my boots and on my feet to help with the wetness / friction and never had any problem with blisters.

#43 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Let's see....
-My team and I will buy a lot more paint. Sorry for ever doubting you and your 7 cases Irish.
-Take a ton of pictures. Stayed at the same damn hotel as FPS Russia, even saw him at breakfast, and didn't even think to get a pic to piss off my friends.
-Not get a thorn caught in my prophecy feed tray, which will turn it into a blender.
-Not blame the paint on all of the breaks I was getting. Turns out the o-ring bumper on my Hush Bolt had torn away, causing the breaks.
-Get a team picture in Bedlam. Irish we forgot to do that!

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#44 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

hmmm...

do everything i did again... yep that about covers it, but maybe a mini clip board and a pen on a lanyard for my medic card, and run with my pistol rig while being a medic, and make sure people keep their microphones and radios on.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#45 Dirtyscout

Dirtyscout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

I will show up before 8pm on Friday to get more play time in.... I'll put blister bandaids on ahead of time so I don't have big gaping holes on the back of my feet from running two days in cleats... I will find more comfortable shoes than my cleats... I will be bringing a tank to do some damage... lol.. and I will wear more team colored tape on my mask and arms.

I will push for the start of a new unwritten rule in big game scenario painball - If you shoot out your own teammate you'll call yourself out and apologize on the walk back to the hospital. :) I would have liked company on the long hike across the field the 2 times it happened to me. I will say my teammates were good shots though, 3 in the head both times.

#46 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

I realized that my Sniper can't handle Evil well at high speeds on my AT. I need to be able to run more.

On the bright side, I felt on Sunday I played harder than I ever did.
Posted Image

#47 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Rule #1: Cardio

Live it, love it, Run it. I need to do it more :( even though I was in decent shape for this year I wasn't at where I should have been.

#48 outoftowner

outoftowner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

I did pretty good for myself this year! Played both days without incident or injury! Kept the boozing to a minimum.

The weekend before LL5 I played at the local field, recball, both Saturday and Sunday to help get in shape and brush up on tactics.

At CPX I drank water the whole time even when I wasn't thirsty, boosted it with Cytomax, took electrolyte supplements in pill form, and topped that off with some Sport Legs. Better living through chemistry!

When it got really hot, I soaked my neck protector and head bandana in water for some evaporative cooling with the strong wind we had. Got my hair cut short too, that helped with the heat a lot.

I put baby powder in my boots and on my feet to help with the wetness / friction and never had any problem with blisters.

My friend and I went through 45 bottles of water on friday and saturday alone, after that the tree hugger in us kicked in and we moved onto 4L jugs :P

I'm going to try and buy a nice big 110ci tank so I don't have to go off the field for air instead of paint.

$25 wal-mart dr.scholls runners make awesome disposable shoes for the weekend, they are comfortable for 3 days and by the end of the 3rd day the sole is wearing off of them, so you don't feel bad for throwing them out after the weekend.

#49 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

I will buy a vest and not wear my jersey. Wearing a pod pack all day was a pain and my jersey got way to hot. I also need a gun that can shoot more than a prophecy and 4 pods.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#50 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I will buy a vest and not wear my jersey. Wearing a pod pack all day was a pain and my jersey got way to hot. I also need a gun that can shoot more than a prophecy and 4 pods.

Ouch only that much paint per fill? Glad I was getting 13 off of my Ego! Posted Image

-Use a smoke lens instead of a mirrored lens. The mirror finish was half scratched away by noon on sunday.

-I also plan on taking part in THE LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE should there be one again next year.

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users