• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#51 Spike

Spike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

I will not be nice and shoot at a guy with 2 balls from behind and miss leading to my elimination
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Royce

#52 supertux1

supertux1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

I did pretty good for myself this year! Played both days without incident or injury! Kept the boozing to a minimum.

The weekend before LL5 I played at the local field, recball, both Saturday and Sunday to help get in shape and brush up on tactics.

At CPX I drank water the whole time even when I wasn't thirsty, boosted it with Cytomax, took electrolyte supplements in pill form, and topped that off with some Sport Legs. Better living through chemistry!

When it got really hot, I soaked my neck protector and head bandana in water for some evaporative cooling with the strong wind we had. Got my hair cut short too, that helped with the heat a lot.

I put baby powder in my boots and on my feet to help with the wetness / friction and never had any problem with blisters.

My friend and I went through 45 bottles of water on friday and saturday alone, after that the tree hugger in us kicked in and we moved onto 4L jugs :P

I'm going to try and buy a nice big 110ci tank so I don't have to go off the field for air instead of paint.

$25 wal-mart dr.scholls runners make awesome disposable shoes for the weekend, they are comfortable for 3 days and by the end of the 3rd day the sole is wearing off of them, so you don't feel bad for throwing them out after the weekend.

I bought some cheap $30 boots at Walmart and wore them around for two weeks and several days of local paintball to break them in and eliminate any possibility of blisters. They worked out well. I bandaged up the known blister spots on my feet and baby powdered them up before playing. Worked out well, and smells nice too.

I personally went through about 4 gallons of water for the whole weekend, on top of numerous drinks from the vending machine.
I filled my Camelback up each time before walking back onto the field.

Both days I took a short nap during our lunch break and woke up feeling great -- this is what got me through the dinner and final battles.

#53 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

I will not be endlessly sent to the ravine because no one else wants to go and we need people there.

Who am I kidding...Ramirez get in the woods!

Posted Image

40k-1.png

#54 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

Let's see....
-My team and I will buy a lot more paint. Sorry for ever doubting you and your 7 cases Irish.
-Take a ton of pictures. Stayed at the same damn hotel as FPS Russia, even saw him at breakfast, and didn't even think to get a pic to piss off my friends.
-Not get a thorn caught in my prophecy feed tray, which will turn it into a blender.
-Not blame the paint on all of the breaks I was getting. Turns out the o-ring bumper on my Hush Bolt had torn away, causing the breaks.
-Get a team picture in Bedlam. Irish we forgot to do that!

Haha told you 7 cases wasn't too much :-P.... Well maybe a little bit, I did have 2 cases left over at the end of the weekend xD.

I will also remember ot mount my camera BEFORE the weekend, so I actually get some footage over the weekend.

And yeah Nick, we forgot to take pictures! Damn!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#55 Hurstman

Hurstman

"The Amurikan"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

I will murder the living crap out of anyhting wearing leapord print, regardless of circumstance. :dodgy:
MUFFINS

#56 Jedeyeben

Jedeyeben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

When you're a 3 man team, one of you get a damn medic card to eliminate having to walk all the way back to reinsertion points! And make sure it's not the one guy on your team that always gets shot first... Everytime! Lol.

#57 Total Vertigo

Total Vertigo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

I will bring higher rated sunscreen than 20.
I will NOT forget my laptop charger or my helmet cam. (I was facepalming)
I will NOT leave my cousin in-charge of booking the hotel. (Left it until about 3-4 days before the event despite saying he got it 3 months in advance @_@ thank you to whomever cancelled last minute)
Also will bring a more trusty backup marker than my GOG Extcy/HALOtoo was making a nice lil barrel break every 100 shots.
Otherwise, great time and I'll be sure as hell to make LL6 even better.

#58 poorballer1

poorballer1

I GOT A HANGOVER WHOOOOAAAHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I will not drink as much
i will not drink as much
i will not drink as much
i will not drink as much
i will not drink as much
i will not drink as much
i will not drink as much
i will not drink as much

who the fuck am i kidding, YESS I WILL!!!!
If your from the Detroit are, check out my friends at American Jewerly and Loan
Living Legends 3,4 Veteran
Mint Gat

#59 poorballer1

poorballer1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

I will not fight into the woods, I will fight out of them.
I will have months of usage logged on all of my equipment before I bring it to LL6.
I will bring multiple sets of player wear (pads, jersey's, pants, goggles) so, I can be more social at the end of the day.
I will bring my Woodstalker Ion so, I can more effectively participate in the dinner / final battles (when there's that much shooting by both teams, playing whack-a-mole with heads as they pop up and down, sucks).
I will work with a small team, at all times (unless directed by leadership otherwise).

i will NOT take sams credit card, no matter how intoxicated he is.
thanks for that buddy:)
coulda done some DAMAGE!!!
Mint Gat

#60 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

i will NOT take sams credit card, and keeps it in his wallet, no matter how intoxicated he is.

Corrected. I'm just hoping that the kid you accosted with said card (after me) didn't take you up on the offer either, or you were able to cancel the card before any damage was done.

Mind you that was at 3:30 in the afternoon...

#61 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

I think I hydrated really well. I also ate sparingly during the day, and stayed well-fed. I think I will bring friends next year, so we can get a tent to put in the staging area to stay cooler.
Posted Image

#62 poorballer1

poorballer1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

i will NOT take sams credit card, and keeps it in his wallet, no matter how intoxicated he is.

Corrected. I'm just hoping that the kid you accosted with said card (after me) didn't take you up on the offer either, or you were able to cancel the card before any damage was done.

Mind you that was at 3:30 in the afternoon...

Sipping jack at 930 am has that effect!
Hhhhhhhhhhh baby:)
Mint Gat

#63 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Do's
-make sure my helmet camera AND MEMORY CARD are working
-make sure my gun that i just bought used doesnt have springs missing in the poppet causing tons of breaks
-drink lots of water and GATORADE and EAT FOOD during the day
-save up more money for vendors, paint, and food
-get a working pump for the pump games

Don't's (double apostrophe FTW)
-assume that because my helmet camera worked half way decent before it will work half way decent during ll
-assume my used gun that is exploding paint is in perfect working order
-think that because i drank tons and tons and tons of water, that i will not have to refill on electrolytes or eat normal food and i wont almost have to go to the hospital from heat exhaustion
-use a teammates tpx and think it will work with evil paint that has a tendency of exploding in barrels

#64 Eradication

Eradication

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I will not be doing medic work with a large gun on a sling, instead for next year I will buy a tpx. Also I will do anything to avoid poison ivy next year, crawling through the woods gave me a ton of it on my arms.

#65 benj921

benj921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I will not skip dinner and drink till 3am before playing
I will drink much much more water
I will carry more pods so I don't get reamed when I run out of paint during a rumble

this

#66 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

hopefully next year ill be there. h ow many of you wore waterproof 8-9" Boots?

how many of you regret wearing shoes or cleats?
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#67 Kraus

Kraus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

I didn't wear cleats or boots, I wore running shoes and they held up great!

Captain of B.O.B. White Paintball
https://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
"Celly" the guy with a wheelchair for a #

Living Legends 6 "Most Valuable Team" for the Empire

Sponsored by: http://www.yourpbfriend.com

#68 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

I wore 9inch Adidas GSG9.2s. Best 150 bucms ive spent on appar ever.

#69 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

#70 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Have you tried on a pair of Goadomes yet? Most comfortable boots ever

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#71 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

I also learned that playing pump isn't really the way to go. If I play conservatively with an electro, I'm much better off.
Posted Image

#72 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Have you tried on a pair of Goadomes yet? Most comfortable boots ever

I have a pair of bates delta's coming my way, ICS comfort system, goretex, nylon shank.. zide zipper.. Yeah, apparently a really really really recommended boot by military and service people In canada and the states. Got it on sale for about 170$, regularly around 270..
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#73 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

I also learned that playing pump isn't really the way to go. If I play conservatively with an electro, I'm much better off.

ive tried playing conservatively with an electro, it doesnt work

#74 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

Living Legends tends to have what some people refer to as a "target-rich environment."

Nothing like having 8 pods, a full 68/4500, an electro, and 200 screaming enemy players charging at you to make you say "FUCK THAT!" to concerving paint

#75 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Living Legends tends to have what some people refer to as a "target-rich environment."

Nothing like having 8 pods, a full 68/4500, an electro, and 200 screaming enemy players charging at you to make you say "FUCK THAT!" to concerving paint

I still love all the looks and comments we got from people when we were carting our 19 cases of paint between the 5 of us lol. I had 7 and people were like "Getting ready t oshoot some paint or what?" haha.

#76 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

It absolutely works. I shot about a case and a half over the weekend, using my Ego. You just have to have a little discipline and not waste your money longballing. At Living Legends, you can rely on the other 15 people standing behind you to longball.

#77 Jarz

Jarz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

It absolutely works. I shot about a case and a half over the weekend, using my Ego. You just have to have a little discipline and not waste your money longballing. At Living Legends, you can rely on the other 15 people standing behind you to longball.

I used 5 bags over the whole weekend, and I purposely tried to shoot a lot with my Axe.
Posted Image

#78 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Well that's all fine and dandy, but we don't longball, and Robot0Ninja has this thing where he hates it when he's not at the frontline. I'm the kind of person that during walk-on play can shoot a bag with my G6R all day, but at Legends I ended up shooting four cases.

#79 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Well that's all fine and dandy, but we don't longball, and Robot0Ninja has this thing where he hates it when he's not at the frontline. I'm the kind of person that during walk-on play can shoot a bag with my G6R all day, but at Legends I ended up shooting four cases.

im not saying it doesnt work for you, im saying it doesnt work for me. if i dont want to shoot a lot with an electro, i literally have to bring out only whats in my hopper. but hey, thats why i usually play pump (now switching to mag fed)

and TooTall is right, i dont like people in front of me that are on my team.

#80 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

im not saying it doesnt work for you, im saying it doesnt work for me. if i dont want to shoot a lot with an electro, i literally have to bring out only whats in my hopper. but hey, thats why i usually play pump (now switching to mag fed)

and TooTall is right, i dont like people in front of me that are on my team.

That's a problem almost everyone on our team has lol. We hate being anywhere BUT the front line..

#81 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

I shot 4 cases then had to steal my buddies extra 2 bags so I need to buy more paint. I thought using a 3+4 would be enough but I had to leave a couple times for more paint so I ended up wearing that AND my vest, which got annoying as hell. I carried a tank on my marker and an extra in my vest though so I never ran out or air. I changed all my batteries before the event whether they were low or not. I wrapped my ankle whenever I wore my cleats and brought socks to change at least twice a day. I also bought a cheap valken jersey with no padding to help keep me cool. I can't imagine how much water+mio me and my team drank....
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#82 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,946 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

hopefully next year ill be there. h ow many of you wore waterproof 8-9" Boots?

how many of you regret wearing shoes or cleats?

I wore regular sneakers and I was fine until the final battle where i was slipping o nthe hill a bit

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#83 robot0ninja

robot0ninja

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

that reminds me, i definitely need a pair of good cleats for the dinner and final battles. my boots were just too slippery on the hill.

#84 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

My trail runners from Adidas did great the whole weekend. They are as light as cleats but feel better, similar to boots or hiking boots.
Posted Image
These are the shoes I have but they aren't yellow ;)

#85 altron274

altron274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

i had a great time at living legends, bit it was a bit tiresome haveing to treck to and from the stageing area constantly. so i would suggest doing anything possible to cut down on the walking. my suggestions are:

- use a pump (shoot less, inturn saveing paint and air)
- making sure that your gun, specificly your reg is lubed and change your macroline, to insure that your efficiancy is as high as possible
- get a good barrel kit and make sure to change your bore size through out the day to highten your efficiancy even more
- get a vest, run remote line, and use a larger carbon fiber tank (70 or 90/4500)
- carry extra batteries and tools so you can easily change batteries on field.
- bring lots of pods and a LARGE camel back/water blatter, because YOU WILL NEED IT!!

also i am looking for a senario team so if anyone has one or knowes someone who does let me know. i live in madison wisconsin, but am willing to travel anywhere that would take less than an hour to get to

#86 altron274

altron274

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

i have too years of scenario experiance, but have been a solo operator for my whole paintball career

i am 14 years of age. my main marker is a planet eclipse etek 3 lt with a hammerhead 14 inch ported barrel, a dye rotor, and a 68/4500 ninja tank

#87 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

i had a great time at living legends, bit it was a bit tiresome haveing to treck to and from the stageing area constantly. so i would suggest doing anything possible to cut down on the walking. my suggestions are:

- making sure that your gun, specificly your reg is lubed and change your macroline, to insure that your efficiancy is as high as possible
- get a good barrel kit and make sure to change your bore size through out the day to highten your efficiancy even more
- get a vest, run remote line, and use a larger carbon fiber tank (70 or 90/4500)
- bring lots of pods and a LARGE camel back/water blatter, because YOU WILL NEED IT!!

also i am looking for a senario team so if anyone has one or knowes someone who does let me know. i live in madison wisconsin, but am willing to travel anywhere that would take less than an hour to get to

Tools are not allowed on the field per Vipers rules. If you are caught with tools you will be judge punched

#88 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

[quote name='TooTallNiCo' timestamp='1344537744' post='3026935']
[quote name='altron274' timestamp='1344460431' post='3025774']

[/quote]

Tools are not allowed on the field per Vipers rules. If you are caught with tools you will be judge punched
[/quote]

[quote name='TooTallNiCo' timestamp='1344537744' post='3026935']
can we bring batteries and swabs?

Edited by paintballguy2255, 12 August 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#89 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Batteries and swabs are ok, but no allen wrenches, screw drivers etc.

#90 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Basically nothing that could be used to change your velocity while on the field

#91 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

i will attend LL6,

i learned my lesson, and i wish i made it to LLV

#92 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think i did a pretty good job of hydrating and eating right at LLV, but I didn't have sunblock of any kind. I got burned on my arm neck and side of my face just driving to chicago, with the sun headed downhill on my left the entire way. Then all day saturday and part of the day sunday out in the sun, sitting on the bleachers for the intro, and then standing out there for the winner announcements and prize giveaways, and i was freaking fried. Neck was burned to hell and my arm was pre-burned before i ever got there from the drive.

If you have a rotor you can change batteries without tools, but do yourself a favor and buy the expensive energizer lithium 1 time use batteries, they're light and you won't have to worry about changing batteries period, all event, and probably for months afterwards.

Oh probably more microfiber towels. I had a towel, several small cloths, and a roll of autozone shop towels, and it wasn't really enough. There is paint everywhere and during some of the more intense battles there is just spray galore.

Edited by Hzuiel, 01 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#93 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,798 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

i will attend LL6,

i learned my lesson, and i wish i made it to LLV

We shall spread sweet Die Antwoord across the land.

40k-1.png

#94 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Die Antwoord both confuses and arouses me xD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users