• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr_Big_Daddy

Mr_Big_Daddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

I bought a used SP-1 from a guy at work. I've watched Youtube videos and read instructions, but I'm getting the feeling that something is off on my SP-1. I absolutely CANNOT get the reg to unscrew from the body. I've removed the front cover to allow the grip to turn, but it just spins in place. I've also tried removing the screw that appears to go down into the reg from the top (the screw that's under the barrel).

Is there something that I'm missing or not doing?

I'm also having trouble with the power button, which is the reason I'm trying to take the grip apart. When connected to a battery and the power button is held in I can see the eyes light up in the breech, but the power button itself does not illuminate. Do I need to order a replacement Blackheart board in order to get a new power button? If so, will the Blackheart board for the G1 be an exact replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Two things might be the issue.

1st. the hose or macro on the reg is too tight and isnt allowing the reg to swivel. If this is the case, remove the asa screws and use the hose to help you turn the reg. After you remove the reg back out the macro fitting/hose so the reg swivels easily.

2nd. Only do this if the above is confirmed as NOT an issue. Screw in the set screw on the grip tightly (but not enough to strip the screw), and try turning from there.

Alternitavely you can take off the reg swivel by removing the snap ring using modified snap ring pliers. If you still cant remove the reg, you can then take the grip off and try it then. But step number 1 above is most likely the issue and following what I said will solve your problem.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users