8 replies to this topic

#1 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

I haven't been in the paintball scenario for a few years. Because of financial reasons I ended up selling my gear. I just graduated high school and with my grad party coming up I would like to take some of the money and get back into paintball. I am looking for a full set up (gun, mask, tank, pants, shirt, hopper, pack,etc.) for around $1000 - $1200. I would like for it to be all to be new and from ansgear.com too.

I am already planning on getting the vforce grills and the ninja 68/4500 tank. But because I haven't been in the paintball news lately I don't how the new guns and hoppers are. I would also like a speedfeed.

Edited by Yumago, 26 May 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#2 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I haven't been in the paintball scenario for a few years. Because of financial reasons I ended up selling my gear. I just graduated high school and with my grad party coming up I would like to take some of the money and get back into paintball. I am looking for a full set up (gun, mask, tank, pants, shirt, hopper, pack,etc.) for around $1000 - $1200. I would like for it to be all to be new and from ansgear.com too.

I am already planning on getting the vforce grills and the ninja 68/4500 tank. But because I haven't been in the paintball news lately I don't how the new guns and hoppers are. I would also like a speedfeed.

Here is what I would get.

Empire Axe-$460
Dye Rotor-$150-200 depends what version you get theres no difference besides the Velcro that holds the battery's in.
Exalt speedfeed-$15
Proto pants-$85
Packs are personal preference, empire and dye have really good packs.
Jersey-Any planet eclipse jersey they all have really nice padding, if you dont want so much padding for bounces a proto jersey is cheaper but is mostly mesh and has little padding.

That puts you at 860 assuming you spend $50 on a pack and $50 on a jersey plus a ninja 68/4500 is $165 plus the Vforce grillz is 950. EDIT: I know my numbers are off slightly but the total is not over $1000.

Edited by gogpaintballer, 26 May 2012 - 11:16 AM.

I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Yumago

Yumago

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

How is the empire axe? I was looking at the planet eclipse etek 4. I won't be getting the stuff soon, till about July. Just need to start doing my homework now and catch up to all the new releases.

#4 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

How is the empire axe? I was looking at the planet eclipse etek 4. I won't be getting the stuff soon, till about July. Just need to start doing my homework now and catch up to all the new releases.

It is quieter, smoother and more efficient than a Etek no matter what year or model. Some people have problems with the large foregrip, I think that it is only a problem for teens with smaller hands.
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

i cant stand the axe trigger or ergos

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#6 xSKIERx

xSKIERx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

It is quieter, smoother and more efficient than a Etek no matter what year or model. Some people have problems with the large foregrip, I think that it is only a problem for teens with smaller hands.

It's not more efficient than an Etek.

Skip the jersey and get a good set of elbow and knee pads instead. Planet Eclipse are good.

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Honestly it's mostly opinion. For a hopper one person will say rotor, one will say z2, one will say a pinokio. It's really up to you to just look for the features you want. Soft good, dye, pe and empire are good. I've heard good things about sly too. Spine vs Exalt speed feed. Axe vs Etek vs Drone etc. There really arent many "wrong choices" out there.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 Dave1234

Dave1234

Redballs...its cocaine in a can

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

As for the pod packs valken makes fantestic packs for great prices

#9 209pballer

209pballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

my opinion:used ego 9: $500used empire z2: ~$100JT fx 2010 pants:$60planet eclipse elbow/knee pads:~$80 total JT proflex: ~$60empire pod pack: ~$60any used 68/45 tank: ~$100 or cheaperthat's around $960 right there and that's a pretty damn good setup in my opinion, i think jerseys are a waste of time, just get a big longsleeve and you should be fine
Monsterballs were created as a self-defense projectile, but were accidentally labelled as paintballs when they came out of production, since this mistake 5 recorded deaths have been related to people getting shot by monsterballs :)

[Govinda] im like that unstable fuck that rocks back and forth in his i love myself jacket

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users