• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 muscleaaron

muscleaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

im planing on getting either a etek 3 lt or a etek 4 lt. which is the better marker. it kinda doesnt really matter but i like the color of etek3 more than the etek4 but its not the end of the world if i dont get the color i want. haha

#2 Mark.c

Mark.c

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

4 is better, but it costs more i believe.

#3 muscleaaron

muscleaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

the cost inst a problem

#4 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Just get the 3 lt because there's not much of a difference between the 3 and 4.

Screw them both and find a Vice.
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#5 gogpaintballer

gogpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

im planing on getting either a etek 3 lt or a etek 4 lt. which is the better marker. it kinda doesnt really matter but i like the color of etek3 more than the etek4 but its not the end of the world if i dont get the color i want. haha

Etek 3 lt
I am HOAGIESON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

the cost inst a problem

Then get a high end marker.

#7 muscleaaron

muscleaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

still needs to be in the 400-500 price range though

#8 Mark.c

Mark.c

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

get the axe

#9 ClintonIce

ClintonIce

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

This guy knows what he's talking about
/thread

#10 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Vice or Axe, or save around 100 more and get a used G6R.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#11 Soul06

Soul06

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Clearly he wants an Etek. Not everyone likes or wants an Axe or Vice. Nor does everyone like to buy used. I know I dont. And imo, the Axe looks horrible. Never liked it. Different strokes for different folks

Back to the OP, if the price isn't a problem then get the Etek4. Makes no sense to get the 3 if you can get the 4 and not worry about money

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ - On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA

#12 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Get a used etek 3 for 250 or 300 bucks. Etek 4 is not worth another 200$

#13 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Used Vice
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#14 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

This guy knows what he's talking about
/thread

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#15 armoworrior

armoworrior

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

to be honest i would wait to see good reviews on the 4 to see how the new solenoid holds up maybe its a more direct path. that would be the one thing i would look in to. i have the 3 and if i ever changed it to the 4 the noid would be the reason otherwise they are exactly the same marker minus the regulator. check out some youtube videos on it. maybe the trigger is smoother but time will tell when its warn in.

#16 muscleaaron

muscleaaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

to be honest i would wait to see good reviews on the 4 to see how the new solenoid holds up maybe its a more direct path. that would be the one thing i would look in to. i have the 3 and if i ever changed it to the 4 the noid would be the reason otherwise they are exactly the same marker minus the regulator. check out some youtube videos on it. maybe the trigger is smoother but time will tell when its warn in.

are there any problems with the 3?

#17 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

are there any problems with the 3?

nope

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#18 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

still needs to be in the 400-500 price range though

Get an ETEK 3AM, about he same price as an ETEK 4 LT without all the cheap feeling and crappy looking plastic...the trigger on the AM also feels a lot better as well.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#19 armoworrior

armoworrior

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

no i found nothing wrong with it i just dont like the noid but the marker is still very quick

#20 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey people he's asking about the Eteks. Not the Vice, not the Axe. So please answer the question without throwing a bunch of biased preferences his way! Posted Image

Anywho...'

I messed around with the Etek4 LT that Avid Paintball brought with them to Living Legends. My biggest complaint with the Etek3LT was that the trigger felt sloppy made out of the composite. Well this problem was fixed with the Etek4. I have no idea what sort of magic PE did but the Etek4 trigger I would put on par with the Ego11 trigger. Very smooth, very crisp. With the Zick2 kit already installed it should get rid of some of the kick and bang that I experienced with the Etek3.

So strictly speaking between the 3 and the 4, go with the 4. Yes it's a $100 more, but since you said price isn't a problem, then why not go for the one that has all the bells and whistles? For me, there's no point in going with the AM with the LT out there.

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#21 Sicketek

Sicketek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Go with the etek 3 if u dont mind the fitting digging into ur wrist a little bit. (its really not that bad but some people despise it.) I would just go with the etek 3 and if you want get the zick 2.
Talyor gang or switch lungs with wiz Khalifa and run a mile!

#22 PB2011

PB2011

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hey people he's asking about the Eteks. Not the Vice, not the Axe. So please answer the question without throwing a bunch of biased preferences his way! Posted Image

Anywho...'

I messed around with the Etek4 LT that Avid Paintball brought with them to Living Legends. My biggest complaint with the Etek3LT was that the trigger felt sloppy made out of the composite. Well this problem was fixed with the Etek4. I have no idea what sort of magic PE did but the Etek4 trigger I would put on par with the Ego11 trigger. Very smooth, very crisp. With the Zick2 kit already installed it should get rid of some of the kick and bang that I experienced with the Etek3.

So strictly speaking between the 3 and the 4, go with the 4. Yes it's a $100 more, but since you said price isn't a problem, then why not go for the one that has all the bells and whistles? For me, there's no point in going with the AM with the LT out there.

Listen to this man.
It's a trap! -Admiral Ackbar, a long long time ago.

#23 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

He's asking between an Etek3 or an Etek4. Not between a Vice, G6R or the Axe.
No one wants your fanboy opinion in this thread. Try answering his question instead. <_<

I'd get the Etek4. Why? The new ASA alone would be enough to get it over the 3rd. Not to mention some new features that would be considered "upgrades" on the Etek3.
From what I can tell by messing around with the Etek4 it's got a new trigger and frame, they feel pretty different.(For the better)

#24 boodahfinger

boodahfinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

My biggest complaint with the Etek3LT was that the trigger felt sloppy made out of the composite.

The ETek3 LT trigger is aluminum and the slop can somewhat be adjust by tightening the set screw inside the trigger frame area but not completely. Why do people complain about composite anyways?

To OP, as others have said get the ETek4 LT if money isn't an issue.

#25 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Both will ring your ears, and eventually get you to go deaf the same, why not go with whats shinier? But seriously if price I think the 3 is better than the 4 because of the asa, I believe that tightening the know slowly will brace your orings and the new POP's asa or what ever its called now, doesnt do that, then again the etek is pretty hard to break, so its personal preference sir!
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#26 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't find much problems with the Etek 3 that they haven't fixed with the 4. If you can afford both go with the 4. PE not only makes fantastic products and test them thouroughly for quality and durability ( theres a video for an Etha torture test that was the swing vote in me buying one) the Zick would take care of some of the "kick" and an increase in dwell and/or the new solenoid will also help. If you can afford both, go for the newer one.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#27 JunkedDuck

JunkedDuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Etek 4 is alot better cause its got alot better features (adjustable solenoid, improved trigger, etc.).

#28 Anjin-san

Anjin-san

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Both will ring your ears, and eventually get you to go deaf the same, why not go with whats shinier? But seriously if price I think the 3 is better than the 4 because of the asa, I believe that tightening the know slowly will brace your orings and the new POP's asa or what ever its called now, doesnt do that, then again the etek is pretty hard to break, so its personal preference sir!

Just FYI, the ASA on the Etek 4 is the OOPS (as opposed to the POPS). The macroline comes out the front however it still uses a twist on knob so you can tighten it slowly.

I just ordered an Etek 4 AM from www.shop4paintball.com (Mike recommends them in some videos). For me it came down to the Etek 4 or the Axe. In addition to ergonomics another thing I didn't like about the Axe is the use of custom size o-rings. It's not a big deal but it's something to consider when it comes to maintenance.

Edited by Anjin-san, 23 June 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#29 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Just FYI, the ASA on the Etek 4 is the OOPS (as opposed to the POPS). The macroline comes out the front however it still uses a twist on knob so you can tighten it slowly.

I just ordered an Etek 4 AM from www.shop4paintball.com (Mike recommends them in some videos). For me I came down to the Etek 4 or the Axe. In addition to ergonomics another thing I didn't like about the Axe is the use of custom size o-rings. It's not a big deal but it's something to consider when it comes to maintenance.

my mistake thanks sir :)
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#30 boodahfinger

boodahfinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Etek 4 is alot better cause its got alot better features (adjustable solenoid, improved trigger, etc.).

The solenoid is not adjustable in the ETek 4. I think you're confusing the solenoid with the ones in the Ego 11 and the new Geo 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users