8 replies to this topic

#1 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

first

And i am currently watching it :P

#3 MMMerc

MMMerc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Very nice, was looking for a review of it, have heard some not so nice things about it, accordingly so apparently.

#4 Squirt

Squirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

interesting you think it would be better for 700 bucks

#5 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

A few gripes I had with the video

#1 Self lubricating does not necessarily mean that the material excretes grease/lubricant, and brass can be "self lubricating" if finished properly.

#2 I don't see the issue you have with the grips. Pretty much every manufacturer who makes multiple markers recycles their grips on to their other markers. Dye, Planet, and Macdev all do it, and i'm sure there are some others. I don't think that its worth having new grips molded just to remove the little LED slot thing.

#3 I also don't see why you have an issue with the springs. Isn't that something that you only have to do the first time that you chrono in the marker?

I'm curious as to why you didn't mention your double feed issue in the conclusion. Did you solve it somehow?

Edited by IhasAcellular, 02 June 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Posted Image

#6 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

A few gripes I had with the video

#1 Self lubricating does not necessarily mean that the material excretes grease/lubricant, and brass can be "self lubricating" if finished properly.

#2 I don't see the issue you have with the grips. Pretty much every manufacturer who makes multiple markers recycles their grips on to their other markers. Dye, Planet, and Macdev all do it, and i'm sure there are some others. I don't think that its worth having new grips molded just to remove the little LED slot thing.

#3 I also don't see why you have an issue with the springs. Isn't that something that you only have to do the first time that you chrono in the marker?

I'm curious as to why you didn't mention your double feed issue in the conclusion. Did you solve it somehow?

1) Of course I know that the metal doesn't excrete lubricant. I was being cheeky. As I said, brass would be a low-friction metal if finished properly. The use of the term "self-lubricating" is a silly marketing term that I'm sick of hearing, as it means that the piece lubricates itself.

2) I know other manufacturers use the same grips, but considering the hype, bolstering, and time that preceded this $700 mechanical pump, a set of grips made for the gun itself would've been a nice touch.

3) Yes, it's something that one should only have to do once, to make sure the gun is operating within a proper range. That should have been done before the gun hit production, when they designed the valve chamber, chose the strength of the spring, and tested it themselves. I remember seeing all this stuff about the G6R coming with a card that it was tested and chrono'd before it left the factory, with chrono readings. Apparently the MVP wasn't worth a consistent build, design, or the courtesy of chronographing with the barrel they include and the spring installed.

The double feed thing just slipped my mind when I was talking about the gun. It did double feed when Manny was shooting it, and I didn't find the detent to be so strong.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#7 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,119 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

1. springs? who gives a fuck
2. farting? everything farts, yes, even CCMs

only real problem i have run into with these guns is the AT can bind on them if you shoot them like CCMs, as in have a death grip on the trigger when ATing. when ATing you have to hold the trigger kinda softly.

besides that, these guns are fucking awesome. i can easily shoot 2 BPS faster on an MVP just picking it up then my CCM karni that i have been shoot for a year. its also smaller and much lighter then them.

MVP <3

Edited by cockerpunk, 02 June 2012 - 08:25 PM.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#8 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm glad it works for you Gordon, and that you love it. There are others I know who also love it. Like I said, I've seen inconsistency with the builds and my experience with the gun left me disliking it.

On the issue of CCMs farting, I didn't have that problem with Benji's S6 or Martin's S6.5. If those pumps farted, it must've been so faint that I couldn't hear it. I can't speak on the auto trigger, I don't really use it.

#9 NotaSniper

NotaSniper

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

I thought the gripes Stick had in the video were justified. It's $700 dollars! There are just some things you expect when spending that kind of money. I was supprised though, mine came with a full spares kit.

I think the farting can be elimiated but its going to take more then the hammer spring swap. I think that the valve spring, hammer spring, and reg pressure will need to be carefully balanced. I personally don't care, I love mine and can live with the noise. The last 6.5 I was around farted too. The feel of this thing is flat amazing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users