• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hey guys, havent posted in the pump world in a while, i made a few threads a while ago but anyway, I need help with my rainman kit, it came in a huge package of phantom parts off of ebay, all the parts work fine except for the rainman kit.

I feel like its having a strange problem. I know that the pump arm on the phantom free floats and that that free floating causes some downward pressure or something like that, but the screw that holds the kit and body in place always seems to come lose.... like constantly.... like i have to tighten it after every game whether im playing stock class or open class. And that bugs me, i went back to the stock pump kit for a while but now i found myself using it again, anyone know what i can do or if this is a problem or what not? I know about the brass tube you can put around the pump arm but i dont really have the necessary tools nor the materials.

#2 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hey guys, havent posted in the pump world in a while, i made a few threads a while ago but anyway, I need help with my rainman kit, it came in a huge package of phantom parts off of ebay, all the parts work fine except for the rainman kit.

I feel like its having a strange problem. I know that the pump arm on the phantom free floats and that that free floating causes some downward pressure or something like that, but the screw that holds the kit and body in place always seems to come lose.... like constantly.... like i have to tighten it after every game whether im playing stock class or open class. And that bugs me, i went back to the stock pump kit for a while but now i found myself using it again, anyone know what i can do or if this is a problem or what not? I know about the brass tube you can put around the pump arm but i dont really have the necessary tools nor the materials.

I've never had that problem with my Rainman kit but if you've already snugged it down with an allen key and it still does that, get some blue loctite from Home Depot and that will solve your problem. It's like $8 for a tube (in Canada at least) and it lasts you a long time.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#3 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I've never had that problem with my Rainman kit but if you've already snugged it down with an allen key and it still does that, get some blue loctite from Home Depot and that will solve your problem. It's like $8 for a tube (in Canada at least) and it lasts you a long time.

Would Teflon Tape work, its the only thing i have on hand

#4 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

It might help a tiny bit but it doesn't have the thread locking capabilities that blue loctite has. Loctite is used for in applications where bolts can rattle loose like in cars, and airplanes. Red is really strong thread locker, and you need heat to remove it. Blue is kinda the general purpose stuff and just takes some elbow grease to break the loctite and purple is the weakest strength stuff.

It wouldn't hurt to try a few wraps of teflon tape but blue loctite is exactly what you need to fix your problem.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#5 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

It might help a tiny bit but it doesn't have the thread locking capabilities that blue loctite has. Loctite is used for in applications where bolts can rattle loose like in cars, and airplanes. Red is really strong thread locker, and you need heat to remove it. Blue is kinda the general purpose stuff and just takes some elbow grease to break the loctite and purple is the weakest strength stuff.

It wouldn't hurt to try a few wraps of teflon tape but blue loctite is exactly what you need to fix your problem.

I figured that, im terrible at applying things but anyway, i think it might be a flaw with the screw itself, fully screwed in to the point of stripping the screw, it barely connects the body to the trigger frame assembly, this could be due to the fact that the screw is not the one that originally came with the kit, or it might have something to do with the fact that this is an older phantom model, either way i guess its what i get for buying used, but im going to try the loctite and see if it works, thanks for the help. :)

#6 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Bump for help needed lol.

Ive concluded that the problem is most likely that the screw is too small, i dont even think it threads into the body of the marker once, just threads in a little bit, thus making it feel like its stable, but once thats gone there are no other threads to hold it, therefore causing the wierd drooping and almost falling off kit. Anyone know where i can find a replacement screw? I can take pics of the screw tommorow if anyone wants to see, this is kinda bugging me lol, OH WELL.

#7 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

I actually have the same problem with my Rainman kit.
I've just never gotten around to trouble-shooting and fixing it though.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#8 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

I actually have the same problem with my Rainman kit.
I've just never gotten around to trouble-shooting and fixing it though.

Im gonna see if i can head over to the hardware store sometime soon and see if a longer screw solves the problem

#9 IVIidnight

IVIidnight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

anyone know what may serve as a replacement for now? probably not going to be able to make it to the hardware store with exams and stuff going on right now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users