9 replies to this topic

#1 eluminx

eluminx

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I just wanted to sort of announce that I found this field called Route 7. Its in Estero which for those of you who dont know is in between Ft Myers and Naples located East of 75 on corkscrew. Their website is http://www.route7est...oute7/Home.html. The place is amazing mainly because its a true woodsball field out in the middle of nowhere in between Estero and Immokalee City. It is a Christian ministry outreach so for about 10 minutes in the middle of the day there is announcements about raffles, their speedball team and a bit of a devotional. The entry fee is $10 and that includes EVERYTHING. Your marker, hopper, tank, mask and paint. You literally just need a ride and some clothes to wear. Of course the marker, hopper, tank and mask are rental quality but shoot just as good. I believe theres 50 some acres out there with forts and all kinds of craziness. They have a hyperball field made out of tires/pallets and a speedball field soon to come. Just throwing this out there for anyone who cannot afford the painfully expensive fees all other fields have. Its only every other weekend from 8-12 but even still I go every weekend its on and its amazing. They have a food/drink stand out there as well. Any questions or wonders, reply here, PM me or on the site is a link to R7's facebook or even a phone number to ask questions if you would like. If your not sure about going because you dont know anyone out there just PM me and I can meet you out there. Hope to see some of you out there.

UPDATE:

Its been over 2 years since I posted this and I have to say everything has changed at r7. Everything. There is now an actual safe zone. There are very strict rules on barrel sleeves. The whole field pitches in on calling someone out when not walking in with their sleeve on. Also very strict on mask rules. If your mask comes off on the field you are asked to leave. Its an incredible place now with a public speedball field to boot. $10 donation gets you a rental gun, mask and a hopper full of paint per game. Boxes of paint for sale on site as well as nachos, hotdogs, chips and drinks. Sometimes even grilled burgers or pulled pork. Come out and sweat with us!

Edited by eluminx, 02 May 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#2 OldManKiller

OldManKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

I know about that place. Crazy comes to mind. Last Saturday there were about 75 players. Only 25 had barrel covers or plugs. No buffer zones or netting between fields and pits. People shooting out of the pits around unmasked players. Some very young players. No thanks, my eyes are worth a whole lot more to me.

#3 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

I know about that place. Crazy comes to mind. Last Saturday there were about 75 players. Only 25 had barrel covers or plugs. No buffer zones or netting between fields and pits. People shooting out of the pits around unmasked players. Some very young players. No thanks, my eyes are worth a whole lot more to me.

That sounds like a deathtrap. If this is true Im not going anywhere near the field.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#4 eluminx

eluminx

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

This is obvious slander and dramatic slander at that. Your telling me this guy has never been on this board...ever...and he makes his first and only post on a SUPER small thread in the SWFL area about a field that is very low key. Ive gone to this field for over 3 months every weekend and there has never once been an issue. The people shooting around the pits are not suppose to do that but nonetheless its hard to control a crowd. This is a great place to play some paint especially if you dont have a whole lot of money to spend.

#5 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

This is obvious slander and dramatic slander at that. Your telling me this guy has never been on this board...ever...and he makes his first and only post on a SUPER small thread in the SWFL area about a field that is very low key. Ive gone to this field for over 3 months every weekend and there has never once been an issue. The people shooting around the pits are not suppose to do that but nonetheless its hard to control a crowd. This is a great place to play some paint especially if you dont have a whole lot of money to spend.

Either way, Im in Orlando. So I wouldnt be going to this field anyway.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#6 OldManKiller

OldManKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

It is not slander when it is fact. First, 75 players is not low key. The potential is there for a great place to play but with out stricter safety protocols in place, the risk will always be there for a serious injury. And when it happens, what then? Oops, sorry? You ought to look at the photo's on the Route 7 website, they speak volumes.
OMK

#7 SockTastic

SockTastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

I play here too! this field is non-stop fun and the people who run it are amazing! I highly recommend playing here anytime you're in by Estero

#8 Mr.Grim

Mr.Grim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

old man is 100% right this place is a direct disrespect to the spot of paintball with there tottal disregaurd to safety i have seen it and my friends have video of all that is stated

#9 Dorito1

Dorito1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've been going to Route 7 since mid - 2012. I was just there last Saturday in fact. The biggest bummer is they are only open every other Saturday. There is a head ref with a small hand held speaker that is constantly announcing "This is a safe zone all barrel plugs must be on" As well, they have refs and signs at the gate entering the play field that require masks be down. For a measly $10 donation you can use a rental gun and paint. I can't believe that some knuckle heads don't give the donation. There is always a brief (5 minute or so) devotion toward the end. You want to have some real fun, check out Route 7 in Estero. I am 39 yo and play with my sons and usually pick up a few neighbor kids before heading there!

#10 CreedPB

CreedPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

I've been going to Route 7 for years now and am part of their group of speedball teams. Most of what people will say about Route 7 have been corrected in the recent year or so. Safety is of the utmost concern and you will now see everyone with a barrel sock on within the safe zone. You get warned once and must put on your barrel sock immediately. If you're warned twice you will be asked to leave. The atmosphere of the whole outreach is very friendly and you feel right at home. If you have any questions, ask pretty much anyone and they'll find someone to help you or help you themselves. Overall, it's a great place and the only downsides are 1) I live about an hour away 2) They're only open every other Saturday

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users