Photo

Anyone have experiences with Buypbl.com?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Byron

Byron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Does anyone have any experiences with Buypbl.com?
Do they have good service, shipping, etc?

#2 That_guy

That_guy

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Pretty good. I ordered some proflexs from there. Came in with nice packaging and nothing was damaged :)

#3 Byron

Byron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Pretty good. I ordered some proflexs from there. Came in with nice packaging and nothing was damaged :)

Nice to hear.
Thanks for the reply!

#4 paul33kane

paul33kane

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

i purchased a gog envy blackheart from them they did not have the blacheart version but had the board on its own they installed the blackheart for me and sent me the stock board along with the marker whic i thought was cool there service was good no complaints here.

#5 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

i bought my G1 there. shipped 3 days from montreal to toronto. their website isn't that great as well as their selection and their prices are too high. I'd rather buy from ansgear.

#6 Byron

Byron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

i bought my G1 there. shipped 3 days from montreal to toronto. their website isn't that great as well as their selection and their prices are too high. I'd rather buy from ansgear.

Doesn't shipping and customs charges cost a shit load?

#7 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Doesn't shipping and customs charges cost a shit load?

It can. Sometimes you get lucky, and the package just gets through. Sometimes it gets "inspected" and costs you an extra $30 or so to get it. Sometimes it gets "inspected" and it takes up to 6 extra weeks for the package to get to you AND costs you an extra $30 or so to get you package. Always a risk ordering cross-border.

I have dozens of package ship into Canada internationally every year. Most from the US, some from overseas, personal shipments not commercial. I also have an uncle that worked for Canada Border Services (formerly called Canada Customs) for 20 years, and I worked for UPS for years. Here is my advice to you:

• Unless there is an item that you can't find at a dealer in Canada, or the price difference at a shop in the US is better by more than 30%, order from within Canada.
  • If you do order from the US, DO NOT have it shipped via a private carrier (UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.). With the post office, not every package gets held by Border Services, and you will only pay the inspection fee if your package does get stopped. If you ship via a carrier, they WILL charge you a brokerage fee on EVERY SINGLE PACKAGE they handle, and it is typically 2-3 times what you would pay for the same service from the post office.
  • There is a list of items that Canada Border Services has in their web site that will ALWAYS get held at the border. Find it, read it, and don't have those items shipped.
  • Other than what is on that list, the reason for a package getting held is pretty arbitrary, and once a package is held by CBS, you have no way of finding out why. Canada Post says they can't find out because it's held by CBS, and CBS says only Canada Post can track the package. Seriously. Government bureaucracy at its best...

As for Buy PBL, I've found them to be pretty good. I'll agree their web page isn't the greatest, but their selection is OK, and more importantly, they will special-order for you if there is something you want that they don't have.

Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#8 Pest64

Pest64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

I concur with the previous comments, I purchased a GoG EXTCY from them a few months back, good customer services and they shipped it in a reasonable time. The prices are better than most Canadian websites I have come across. Don't forget, if you choose to order from a U.S. website, there is a chance of it getting held at the border. I contacted the Border Services Agency, they only charge duty if the product was not MANUFACTURED in North America.

When it came to ordering a paintball gun, purchasing from a Canadian website was well worth avoiding the hassle of several potential drawbacks.

#9 Coastermaniac

Coastermaniac

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

May I suggest http://www.paintballgear.ca/ even though PBL is great, the service and shipping on PBG is outstanding, great price, pretty good selection and they are very easy to work with

#10 umKthxbye

umKthxbye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

^^^
Completely agree. http://paintballgear.ca/
Shipping to Ottawa is 7 days, best customer service. Lots of stock, fast email replies. I've ordered from them 5-7 times now. I find pbl doesn't have much stock on the site. And they use joomla for their site which is glitchy since I use it as well. Apparently they have crazy 50%+ off sales during xmas and new years, in store only. They are located in Montreal I believe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Edited by umKthxbye, 09 October 2012 - 07:14 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users