• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Overlord

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

This is for my brother,right now he has a Drone DX.But he got some money and he would like to move to high end gun.What do you think is the best out of those,I want pros and cons.Are there any other high end spools that are worth of mentioning?No poppets.

#2 GoRillaz

GoRillaz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

Why not poppets? they are

1. more reliable
2. require less maintenance
3. if tuned can have a great shot
4. are simpler
5. are more efficient

as to the markers youve mentioned, i know nothing about the clone so i will not discuss that, but i can discuss the luxe and dm.

the dm

pros:
pretty smooth once tuned correctly
ergonomics
great trigger
too-less feedneck
pretty simple bolt assembly for a spool
reliable if regularly maintained
tool-less back cap

cons:
not too good for efficiency (pretty good for a spool though)
triggers has side to side play slightly
the board has weird psp mode, it is 2 shot burst instead of 3
no eye covers
resale is poop

the luxe

pros:
VERY smooth
comfortable, longer reach
nice trigger
no macro line
freak barrel
somewhat tool-less feedneck
board that talks to you
tool-less back cap

cons:
efficiency is absolute crap
eyes are crap
somewhat unreliable ESPECIALLY if not maintained
somewhat complicated bolt assembly
eye covers may blow off
doesnt have auto cocker threads for the barrel

You can take your pick, just make sure you maintain your luxe very well

Edited by GoRillaz, 09 June 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#3 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Here are the pros and cons for the GT:

Pros:
Very smooth - can easily give the Luxe and DM a run for its money here
Vastly improved ergonomics over previous Clone models - though not quite as nice as a Luxe
Stock trigger is very nice...best one MacDev has done to date
The drivetrain and feedneck are 100% tool-less. You only need allen keys when breaking into the HPR
No macroline to worry about
Shift barrel is very nice...though the stock bore insert it rather large at .691
The MacDev Militia software is very nice and is modeled after the Tadao boards. Very user friendly and easy to program.
Efficiency is the best out of your 3 listed choices at 1300-1400 shots off of a 68/45 out of the box it will only get better as it breaks in.

Cons:
Alot of orings on the drive train compared to some other spools. But not that many are dynamic...most are static. And it really only has like 4 more than the DM. So if you have a brain you can maintain the GT.
Bolt assembly has something like 7 parts. But they only go together one way. Once you do it 2 times it just becomes muscle memory. Very easy to put together.
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#4 GoRillaz

GoRillaz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

im sure there will be more cons to come of the clone but it seems to be best for what he has said above ^

#5 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

If I was in this situation, I would rank them like this...

Clone GT- 1st
Luxe 2.0- 2nd
DM12- 3rd

I like the Clone because it is amazingly smooth, quiet and efficient for a spool valve marker and shoots like a broken in Luxe right out of the box... Maintenance will be a bit more demanding then the other two markers though,

The Luxe is also quite smooth and quiet but has horrible efficiency, almost or maybe even worse than a Geo. It has great ergonomics though, probably some of the best on the market and feels super solid in the hands.

The DM12 is nice and fairly quiet and smooth, especially when broken in. Has better efficiency then the Luxe but is a bit bulky... I like it because it is quite reliable.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#6 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Clone GT- 1st
Luxe 2.0- 2nd
DM12- 3rd

I like the Clone because it is amazingly smooth, quiet and efficient for a spool valve marker and shoots like a broken in Luxe right out of the box... Maintenance will be a bit more demanding then the other two markers though,

The Luxe is also quite smooth and quiet but has horrible efficiency, almost or maybe even worse than a Geo. It has great ergonomics though, probably some of the best on the market and feels super solid in the hands.

The DM12 is nice and fairly quiet and smooth, especially when broken in. Has better efficiency then the Luxe but is a bit bulky... I like it because it is quite reliable.

Well although the drivetrains have more parts/orings, you only have to maintanence it after around 5 cases.

#7 GoRillaz

GoRillaz

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Clone GT- 1st
Luxe 2.0- 2nd
DM12- 3rd

Well although the drivetrains have more parts/orings, you only have to maintanence it after around 5 cases.

you have to maintain a spool after every day of play...

#8 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

get the GT. you wont be dissapointed. i was amazed by how quiet and smooth this marker was.

#9 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Since the GT is better than the VX it is officially the best gun on the market since it fixes where the VX was lacking. Unless you need 10+pods efficiency there is no reason to shoot anything else.

#10 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Clone GT- 1st
Luxe 2.0- 2nd
DM12- 3rd

you have to maintain a spool after every day of play...

I was talkin about the clone...
Obviously, you have never owned one.

#11 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

^agreed and it requires little lube as well.

Maintanence is way overblown: if lubing a spool after a day's is that tiresome, then you need to have your priorities straight as imo it's pretty effortless.

#12 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

im sure there will be more cons to come of the clone but it seems to be best for what he has said above ^

You could be right. But when I was writing that I was honestly trying to think of more cons and couldnt truly think of any. Maybe someone else can list more cons?
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#13 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

main con of the clone gt is still the stock trigger: it's the same one as the vx, but violent triggers as still compatible and critical as well as acidcustoms make solid aftermarket triggers.

Grips are slightly harder, which will affect the ergonomics depending on your preference..

#14 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

main con of the clone gt is still the stock trigger: it's the same one as the vx, but violent triggers as still compatible and critical as well as acidcustoms make solid aftermarket triggers.

Grips are slightly harder, which will affect the ergonomics depending on your preference..

This is true, I didn't like the new gt grips at first, but they grew on me. They work a lot better when there is paint on them compared to the old ones, more durable, and feel really comfortable when you break em in.

#15 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

^agreed and it requires little lube as well.

Maintanence is way overblown: if lubing a spool after a day's is that tiresome, then you need to have your priorities straight as imo it's pretty effortless.

THIS. If it honestly takes you more than 2 minutes to give your bolt system a THOROUGH cleaning, you're doing it wrong and if it's not... quit bitching.

#16 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

Clone Gt for the simple fact that it looks like hot sex.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users