• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

So i got to play with a pump yesterday. Pumping intrigues me but I had a problem with the setup I was using a dye reflex with a pump kit. the pump stroke was really flimsy and the return spring was very soft. I couldn't figure out what was going on. i kept double feeding, i wasn't sure when it was cocked, it just felt like the pump kit didn't work as good as the pump stroke on the tracer/empire pump.

if i were to pump my cocker, what's a good pump kit to get? what are the pros and cons to some kits/stroke types?

#2 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

If you want a nice smooth pump stroke a CCM deluxe kit.

A basic pump kit works fine too.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#3 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

you can stiffen up any pump stroke by changing the return spring and the main spring in the gun (cockers).

If you like harder, in-line pump strokes then the phantom might be what you're looking for.

#4 russc

russc

SMG-68 Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Honestly, the pump kit you use has very little to do with the actual feel of the pump stroke. Most of that comes from the springs in the gun, the bolt and how the cocking knob has been set.

oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.

YouTube Channel / Raincouver! / Feedback
Posted Image
-Russ

#5 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I dunno if i'd say very little to do with the feel, but it does seem like the OP's problem is the springing. Stiffer springing might help, but really, the solution is more practice.

Pumping again should be almost automatic so that there is no question whether you have it pumped.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#6 Rock out w/your cocker out

Rock out w/your cocker out

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

The most functional difference between kits is if one or two guide rods are utilized. Two guide rods (ccm deluxe, check it deluxe) prevent the pump handle from twisting and the pump arm from rubbing. DRG is right on with more practice. It is jsut like anything else - like driving a speed. Once you've done it a while, it is never a question of what gear the vehicle is in, or whether to shift up or down, it is second nature.

#7 russc

russc

SMG-68 Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yeah, guide rods are nice, but if you throw a POS trilogy pump kit on a CCM T2 (just pretend you can!), it's still going to have a ridiculously light pump stroke. All I'm saying is that the gun has more to do with the stroke than the kit.

oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.

YouTube Channel / Raincouver! / Feedback
Posted Image
-Russ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users