#1 xmodfreak2011

xmodfreak2011

PAINTBALL IS LIFE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hello everyone!

I just became the speedball captain of my college team, and I'm trying to get things for next semester set up before the chaos of the school year begins. It'll basically be the first semester of it ever. (It technically got started last semester, but this semester we're gonna start practicing regularly and I have several tournies lined up for us to play in...) This afternoon, I threw a quick list together of a few of my ideas for drills the team can do at practice or on their own, to make practices during the year go faster as we need to be very efficient with the time we have.

If you have any good drills that have helped you and your team out or that you've seen work well, please tell me about them! Also, feel free to make corrections to names, criticize them if you've seen something like them fail in real life, or whatever else you feel is appropriate. I'll keep adding them to the list and maybe we could have a sticky quality list eventually.

Thanks guys!

Drills

Level 1 No Field Required: (Can be done anywhere)

Mirror Snapping
Players get in front of a mirror and snap into the mirror, seeing how far the stick out and adjusting their form accordingly. Helps build muscle memory.

Stationary Breakout
Players get in the breakout position and after go, go, go, snap to shooting positions, even moving to an imaginary bunker if needed. Helps build muscle memory for breakouts.

Suicides
Players don all playing gear and do suicides. Gets them used to being active in all their gear.

RnG Switch
Set up two cones 30 feet apart, player starts at one and runs to the other shooting (can also dry fire/walk) perpendicular to the direction being traveled. Once the player gets to the cone he slides in, switches hands and runs does the same thing back, and so on. Goal is smoothness in upper body and marker, not speed. Work up to speed.

Sliding and Switching
Set up a wide slalom of cones, players run to and slide around each cone, sprinting away and making sure the marker is always in the proper hand.

Level 1 Require Field: (simple fundamentals that require shooting)

RnG
Player runs and guns aiming for a cone behind a bunker

RnG Switch 2
Same as original, but with paint and cones to hit while running.

Snapping
Players get in mirrored bunkers and snap shoot. Every time one ball is shot, player must check back in to the bunker. Ensure players practice snap shooting a variety of bunkers – All players should be sufficient at all positions.

Bumping
Players pick a side (snake or dorito) and bump up after getting Gs. Alternatively, some of the players the bumper is trying to kill can just leave randomly to simulate a teammate killing them. Teaches aggression and the necessity of angles + flanking.

Breakout 1
Player gets set, snaps up at the signal and shoots one ball through his lane. Reset and restart. Builds muscle memory, saves paint.

Level 2 RF: (1 on 1 common game scenario drills practiced on a full field)

Breakout 2
Player gets set, snaps up at the signal and shoots one ball or a short rope to a cone in his lane. Move to home if shooting the rope. Reset and restart. Builds muscle memory.

Game Changer
Players start in their bunker, run at least a 1/3 of the field, and bunker a cone. You can throw a person in place of the cone to crank up the difficulty.

1v1 Breakout Corner
Players breakout, one stays home and trys to lane the other out, restart and switch roles as soon as running player gets to the corner. Can run two of these drills at a time.

1v1 Breakout Jousting
Both players run for mirrored bunkers (ex. Dorito back) while shooting each other.

Snake Battle
Each team starts out with a snake and snake back. They then gun fight. Goal is to get to the other side of the snake. Focus is communication and filling in. Players can also breakout to make it more realistic.

Level 3 RF: (2v3+, usually uneven scenarios)

2v3 Communication
Two players pick any bunkers of their choice, on their side of the field. The three breakout, without markers, and have to reach an objective such as getting pass the 50, getting to an important bunker for the layout, or bunkering one or both of the opponents. The two try to stop them. Focus is communication. Also helps build aggression and instinct.

Edited by xmodfreak2011, 13 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Rah Virginia Mil

Virginia Military Institute Paintball Club ACIC

Posted Image

#2 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Nice I'm going to borrow this. Might try some 2 on 1 and 3 on 2 situations.

#3 xmodfreak2011

xmodfreak2011

PAINTBALL IS LIFE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Awesome. And good call, I'll add some tomorrow.

Nice I'm going to borrow this. Might try some 2 on 1 and 3 on 2 situations.

Rah Virginia Mil

Posted Image

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

i think this is great. It would be even better if you did short video clips demonstating each thing if possible.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#5 xmodfreak2011

xmodfreak2011

PAINTBALL IS LIFE.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

i think this is great. It would be even better if you did short video clips demonstating each thing if possible.

That's a really good idea! I'll look into doing that.

Rah Virginia Mil

Posted Image

#6 Royel garza

Royel garza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

um what's a suicide

#7 Graise

Graise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

Usually, you touch the ground before you turn around.

#8 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

really good drill list here! The only thing i would recommend is that apart from the 1 ball snapping drill is to have a snapping drill where players are trying to gain dominance and do not go back into their bunkers after every ball. this way both players get work on keeping dominance as well as learning how to put someone in while they have dominance. makes for a good gun fighting drill i find.

#9 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

These are actually some awesome tips. It can be pretty difficult to keep your paintball muscles in shape, so this gives people some options.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users