• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

My team is going to be playing in our first tournament soon and of course me being the fastest on the team i am the front player. Does anybody have any advice to help me play at my best or even better?

#2 paintballfreak907

paintballfreak907

Wasilla Splatterhouse For The Win

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

well practice on the field be sure you can get to the bunker you are needed at (generally snake) as fast and as effectivaly as possible. at home you can practice your slides and put all your upper body gear on and snapat a mirror making your self less visable hope this helps

#3 m4ndark

m4ndark

Heart is what wins tournaments - Fraige

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

few tips:

* if you are running all the way to S1/D1 make sure you have someone lanning on back center if he is shooting at you ( usually your corner player will do this )run low, just RUN, its a long way to there and you wanna use your full speed. stay near the ground to help your dives, heads up everytime to see where everybody is going ( worst thing for front players is getting to D1/S1 off the break and dont know where to shoot )

* If you are going to the nearest bunker to your side, like God/Apple or something even before it, its ok to shoot your gun or even do a delay with your back center or soemthing like that, and let your corner guy run and protect the lane in case you get cought on the delay. or make him do the work with your back center and you just run to the bunker and protect that side, depends of your teams strategy.

* When you are at your bunker, remember, you are a front player but you dont want to play sooooo agressive becouse that will make you shot behind your bunker ( wich is a dumb thing ), stay calm, if they are shooting at you, just wait and hold the line, dont you ever enter in a gun fight if they are shooting at you, you are just going to make your team lose one body. stay calm and let them shoot at you, your doing your job, waisting theyr paint and getting the attention for you.

* Communicate with your back player, he wanna make sure that you know whats going on on your tape, when its clear to advance ( d1 to d2, or s1 to s2 ) and he has to make you confortable on your position, make you trust that he got your cover, your lane.

Edited by m4ndark, 15 June 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Gewn Owners * Rotor Syndicate * HK Army Collective
Brazil- passionate baller

#4 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Be unpredictable. #1 rule when it comes to playing front/snake.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#5 Lipainttballerr

Lipainttballerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

what i do is have my back player lay down paint and attract fire as is crawl to s2 or 50 yard line than i have a better angle at all the players the more ground you gain the better advantage your team has if the other team knows you're there it'll keep them pinned in one sppot allowing your team to take advantage and gain a better field position

#6 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for the help guys

#7 Box

Box

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

Keep your head up and eyes down the field at all times. Running with your face in the dirt gets you nowhere fast. Best way to get this hammered down is to always run and shoot wherever you go during practice and drills. Doesn't matter if you suck at it at the moment, practice makes perfect. You'll eventually build muscle memory/instinct.

Posted Image

I speak on experience, and experience only.

#8 209pballer

209pballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

in a nut shell as a front player your job is to get as far up the field as possible, catch people off guard and being able to make your shots count.

Learn to get to your bunker while looking across the field where the other team starts, you'll be able to see there lanes and it'll help you avoid getting shot and you'll know where a couple of them are when you dive in.

Learn to play TIGHT, you'll more than likely be in a smaller bunker or on your stomach laying down in snake, in that position you can't get lazy and start playing loose, stay close to your bunker and when your in snake keep your ass down to avoid getting shot in the pack.

Make your shot counts, in this position you won't have the luxury to be in a position to gun battle or lay down a lane, you pretty much have to know where your shots are even before you look around, so know your layout your playing so when your in your bunker you already know where your shots are without having to look up and expose yourself. When you get up to shoot you only have a very limited amount of time before somebody sees you so get your gun up, fire a few shots at a guy, then get the fuck back down because soon those guns will be turned on you.

Listen to your back players, they'll be the one communicating to you and telling you where they are, when they tell you to move up a bunker, you need to bust your ass to the next bunker and get there, also if your in snake and there is nothing happening down tape, nobody posted on you, other snake player is hiding and the other snake corner guy is tucked in his bunker, don't hesitate and quickly move up the field.

Stay patient and stay calm, as a snake player you will have alot of people shooting at you and most of the time the only thing you can do is just lay there and wait for them to move to another person, don't lose your cool and let the adrenaline go to your head, remain as calm as possible to avoid making stupid mistakes.

When an opponent is in a key spot let's say in your s2 while you're in s1 because he somehow got up the field and your corner just really fucked up, you need to get him out as quickly as possible before he does any damage, make sure the corner puts down a lane so you have a little bit of time to move and get up and shoot that player out, you'll more than likely be shot to shit after the run through but that guy who could've done all that damage to your team is also out of that key spot and it levels out the game once again.

So like i said, be patient, play tight, make shots count, listen to your players and don't be afraid to sacrifice your body to eliminate a key player, look at the other team while running to your bunker so you can see where the lanes are coming from.

Edited by 209pballer, 20 June 2012 - 07:37 PM.

Monsterballs were created as a self-defense projectile, but were accidentally labelled as paintballs when they came out of production, since this mistake 5 recorded deaths have been related to people getting shot by monsterballs :)

[Govinda] im like that unstable fuck that rocks back and forth in his i love myself jacket

#9 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

That last post was really helpful, thanks man

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users