2 replies to this topic

#1 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

My g3 has a reg problem...
I was loaning her to a friend and the friend forgot to degas the reg after playing. I did not know this.. I go to test it after the friend gives it back (I always fire a half pod or so to make sure everything is working before I clean) and the gun won't fire, whats even more odd, it doesn't even seem to gas up. So I'm thinking huh, maybe my friend backed the reg screw out or put it in too far, so I start messing with that when suddenly air starts to leak from the bottom of the reg. I call said friend, ask if they degassed, they reply no. So now I ask you, am I hosed?

To sum up:
G3 wasn't completely degassed after play
G3 wouldn't fire/didn't seem to gas up completely
After playing with reg screw air rushes (not leaks) out of bottom of reg.
Am I hosed?

Tips on how to fix would be helpful, or should I just take it to my local tech cause it's way above my head. Please keep in my mind I want to keep Cynthia all stock. And yes, my g3 is Cynthia.

#2 PapaThor

PapaThor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have a G3iq and know the marker well. I don't think you are "hosed" with yours. However, your reg is having issues. I have found that the regs on g3 need to be service about every 6 months to a year, depending on how much you play. It's not hard to do and there is a video on the Dangerous Powers site as well as some you tube videos.

First, your marker should degas when you flip the ASA off. If it does not, there might be something blocking it. Since air rushes out the bottom of your reg when you unscrew the reg screw, it could be a bad regulator seat. That would be where I would look first for the problem. Also, there are a few o-rings in the reg that could be causing an issue. Either way, you need to dissemble your reg, lube the o-rings and and put it back together again. If it still leaks, then you might have to replace the regulator seat.

Hope that helps
Will play for beer!

#3 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Ya, that's kinda what I figured. But the gun does hold air in the reg when you flip the asa, its not much, but it's caused problems for me before. This was just some new symptoms. I'll be taking it apart shortly.

Edit: So i'm pissed...

And here's why: Posted Image

:tdn: :tdn: :mad: :angry: :dodgy:

Edited by zchrit23, 14 June 2012 - 10:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users