14 replies to this topic

#1 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

So I would like to get into better shape. I need to run faster and have more endurance I don't need to lose any weight in fact I think I have to gain some lol. I have already been biking and running a bit but I was wondering if there was any special exercises or something that I could do to help me get fit faster. I can't really run very fast right now but I need to be able to for paintballing, before it wasn't a big deal but now I would like to be more aggressive and stay in games longer whilst not worrying about how much energy I have left in me. I have heard that jogging isn't good so I was going to steer away from that. Any tips?

Edited by Woodyballer29, 17 June 2012 - 12:45 PM.

I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

interval running,

sprint, light jog, sprint, jog, sprint, light jog and so forth

#3 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Thanks!
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#4 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

interval running,

sprint, light jog, sprint, jog, sprint, light jog and so forth

:tup: exactly! sprint 40 yards, then take a rest for 20 seconds and repeat. or, if you have access to a legit track field i recommend running the starightaways and walking the curves. Do 4 laps of this and you should have a pretty good sweat going on.

#5 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

:tup: exactly! sprint 40 yards, then take a rest for 20 seconds and repeat. or, if you have access to a legit track field i recommend running the starightaways and walking the curves. Do 4 laps of this and you should have a pretty good sweat going on.

How long should I do this pattern for? I don't have access to a field so I will do the 40 yard method.

#6 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

How long should I do this pattern for? I don't have access to a field so I will do the 40 yard method.

As in pattern you mean how many reps should you complete?

#7 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah.

#8 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Id keep the reps between 8 and 10. you should be very exhausted by the end of this. At the end of these i suggest doing a medium speed jog around the field as your cool down. I usually do 4 laps and it keeps the heart rate up for a bit.

#9 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

Id keep the reps between 8 and 10. you should be very exhausted by the end of this. At the end of these i suggest doing a medium speed jog around the field as your cool down. I usually do 4 laps and it keeps the heart rate up for a bit.

Ok thanks I will have to try this.

#10 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

What we did when I played football was start and run to the ten from back to the endzone. Run to the 20 run to the endzone. Run to the 30 then back to the endzone and repeat till you finish the field! I hated it at the time but it works!

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#11 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

What we did when I played football was start and run to the ten from back to the endzone. Run to the 20 run to the endzone. Run to the 30 then back to the endzone and repeat till you finish the field! I hated it at the time but it works!

Yeah that would suck.

#12 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Just one more question should I exercise in my environment. I play mostly woodsball, and I seem to run faster in the woods then if I was on straight pavement.

#13 Captiontom

Captiontom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Just one more question should I exercise in my environment. I play mostly woodsball, and I seem to run faster in the woods then if I was on straight pavement.

no, sprinting through the woods is a great way to sprain your ankle

#14 MidgetKickerx11

MidgetKickerx11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

no, sprinting through the woods is a great way to sprain your ankle

yeah no, you prolly just think your running uber fast in the woods, but it is going to be the same on pavement.

#15 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users