• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BuckeyeBaller

BuckeyeBaller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

So many barrels, barrel bore inserts, and kits out there. What I want to accomplish is more consistacy over my stock .693 Etha barrel. I primarily shoot Premium Gold, and over the chrono its all over the place, +/- 40-50 fps today. And i cant get the fps close to 300 because if I open up the reg too far it starts to vent from the solenoid, I read in the manual its a safety feature. I'm thinking from reading on here a smaller bore would 1.) give me more consistancy over the chrono, and 2.) get my fps up there wihout having to increase the air flow from the reg too far. Any recommendations? Thanks

#2 asianpballer

asianpballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

So many barrels, barrel bore inserts, and kits out there. What I want to accomplish is more consistacy over my stock .693 Etha barrel. I primarily shoot Premium Gold, and over the chrono its all over the place, +/- 40-50 fps today. And i cant get the fps close to 300 because if I open up the reg too far it starts to vent from the solenoid, I read in the manual its a safety feature. I'm thinking from reading on here a smaller bore would 1.) give me more consistancy over the chrono, and 2.) get my fps up there wihout having to increase the air flow from the reg too far. Any recommendations? Thanks

I would increase the dwell a little bit

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

There is something whack with your marker if it is getting +-50 fps

#4 BuckeyeBaller

BuckeyeBaller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Increased the dwell to 15 still crazy inconsistancy today

#5 BuckeyeBaller

BuckeyeBaller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yea it was all over the place today

#6 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

its not your barrel, and im assuming your paint is decently fresh, so there must be something up with the bolt engine. try maintaining the reg and bolt engine and see if that helps any.

#7 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

yeah unless you have a paint to bore match your inconsistency can't be blamed on your barrel, your barrel is a clear over bore. seems like your Etha needs a complete overhaul: reset board, clean everything, relube everything, new battery maybe

#8 BuckeyeBaller

BuckeyeBaller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

its not your barrel, and im assuming your paint is decently fresh, so there must be something up with the bolt engine. try maintaining the reg and bolt engine and see if that helps any.

The manual talks about super charging and what part of the reg to take apart and service if thats the case, I havent serviced that part of the reg yet, but I do maintain the bolt after every day of play and the reg like every other time I play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users