• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MCSpar117

MCSpar117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Title says it all.... Please explain yourself though! Tell me WHY you like one over the other.

Fight!

#2 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Clone GT.

More air efficient than the DM
Shot is as smooth as a DM
I HATE the UL frame on a DM (I know I'm in the minority here)
Has an OLED unlike the DM
Has no macroline
No LPR to worry about
The GT is a brand new gun (based on the tried and true Droid/Clone platform) unlike the DM which hasnt changed in the last 4 years
Less finnicky than the DM
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#3 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

Clone GT.

Has no macroline
No LPR to worry about
The GT is a brand new gun (based on the tried and true Droid/Clone platform) unlike the DM which hasnt changed in the last 4 years

This. The DM12 really hasn't changed much at all operation-wise over the last few years... If you want a DM, get an 8 or a 9... Otherwise, GT all the way.

Edited by PacosTacos88, 19 June 2012 - 12:50 AM.

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#4 MCSpar117

MCSpar117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well it did change a lot from 8 to 9 according to mike, he says the 09 dm is a huge improvement over the 08.

But, I agree just look at the gun values! I have seen used clones go for 1200 while I just saw a brand new in shrink wrap dm12 go for just under 900 on eBay.

Gt is just plain newer tech... I kinda think dye has pulled the nt off the market for a while so that they can do something really special with it, really put a solid gun with new tech on the market. Then maybe phase out the dm, idk but that just makes sense to me.

#5 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Actually my vote to the DM series.

The DM series (especially the 11 and 12) have Amazing grips. and once you hold them you will understand, at this level I would very very strongly suggest going to a store and holding both. seriously it will be the best 20$ in gas you can spend. Ask the store if they are able to pull out the back bolt and explain both to you in small detail.

Knowledge is what's going to make your final purchase.

The DM platforms are fantastically Reliable as are the Clones, however the GT is new technology, meaning your basically a test subject with this marker.
The DM maintenance could not be simpler, They use a Semi Advanced Bolt, which sits between reliable and performance based. While MacDevs use complex bolt systems to boost efficiency, (the down side is that they use more O-rings, which make diagnosing problems much harder) so they dont hold the reliability, but instead trade that in favor of more performance (in this case, efficiency)

Things going for the MacDev however: As long as you maintain them, and keep the bolt lubed, and take the HPR apart and clean it out of debris once and a bit, they will shoot great.
The trigger on the Clones was not a favorite for many people. and they used the same grip frame, so. while it is totally preference, the trigger debate tends to lean towards the DM series. (the NT grips on the DM's are fucking brilliant)

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#6 Funk21

Funk21

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

The GT's grip frame has been redesigned, it was one of the things they worked on!. Is it as good as the ultralite grips, perhaps not but again that is personal preference. I think Dye makes great stuff but to me a 1300 marker should have a OLED/LCD-it may not improve anything but i'm not counting bloody lights!. Furthermore if Dye wants to do something to change the DM line how about adding barrel backs in the colour schemes that they offer in the current year of production!!!!
Red/Grey Clone VX & Warped Sportz Dark Ego11 Black/Purple
Guerrilla 4500/70 CI
Black Rotor

#7 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Alright in terms of RAW spoolie awesomeness the Clone is slightly ahead of the DM, and the only reason i say that is because the DM is a PROVEN platform (Stupid perk fro the DM but never the less it is). in terms of features, i would say they are neck and neck, simply because of the signature eye pipe, and the clones tooless bolt out back feature. as for ergo's DM. As for efficiency ( I am not including this in the RAW spoolie Awesomeness because when discussing spoolies this rarely comes up) the clone wins. So just decide on what you'd like something that is nice in your hands, and that is slightly easier to maintain, or something that is a VERY underated gun, and that also has amazing perks like the tooless bolt out back. I would personally go with the DM because i LOVE the UL frame, and being slightly out performed doesn't bother me much, but that is just me, look at everyones opinion and come up with a suitable answer to this question. Good luck!
109.gif

#8 whattehhekcIV

whattehhekcIV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

What about the luxe?

#9 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

What about the luxe?

Overrated but also very good, comes with 2 inserts and it talks to you if you can get one slightly used for less, they can compete with both the gt and DM
109.gif

#10 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well the luxe 1.5 with a 2.0 core is cheaper than both guns. It also has better ergos than both, is slightly smoother and slightly quieter than both, and the only bad thing is its 7-8 pod efficiency. If you dont mind the efficiency, the luxe 1.5 with the 2.0 core is the best choice.

#11 Overlord

Overlord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Clone GT is actually known to be smother and quieter than luxe 2.0

#12 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Before i bought my luxe i was actually able to shoot both and the luxe was slighly smoother and quieter. The difference was actually so little that you could say they were even but that difference was still there

#13 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

After owning a clone, several dms, and pooty core luxe. The clone is the easily the smoothest and quietest gun on the market.

#14 Spartan040

Spartan040

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Clone GT.

Has no macroline
No LPR to worry about

what he said

#15 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Before i bought my luxe i was actually able to shoot both and the luxe was slighly smoother and quieter. The difference was actually so little that you could say they were even but that difference was still there

The Luxe was most likely broken in and tuned with feather touch, and seeing as how the Clone GT is brand new on the market it probably wasn't broken in.

I think the Clone GT and Luxe 2.0 are scrapping for the smooth and quiet title lol it'll go all 5 rounds and might be a tie. Where the Clone wins is efficiency.

#16 Keeghan98

Keeghan98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

The Luxe was most likely broken in and tuned with feather touch, and seeing as how the Clone GT is brand new on the market it probably wasn't broken in.

I think the Clone GT and Luxe 2.0 are scrapping for the smooth and quiet title lol it'll go all 5 rounds and might be a tie. Where the Clone wins is efficiency.

Actually they were both brand new out of the box!

#17 Spanks906

Spanks906

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

What about the luxe?

Hope you play near an air pump............ Other than that they are awesome guns!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users