3 replies to this topic

#1 Woodsballer117

Woodsballer117

Xtreme Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

So I know that First Strike rounds are brittle so that they can break easy over distance, but can you underbore with them? or will they break in the barrel if you do so?

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Pull start me and I'm yours ;)

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,622 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

You definitely don't want to underbore with them. Here's some data from FLASC: http://www.flasc.com...srboresize.html

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

When I used my Flasc barrel I used the .684 without any problems. I also never had the consistency issues they had with their marker though...

#4 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

So I know that First Strike rounds are brittle so that they can break easy over distance, but can you underbore with them? or will they break in the barrel if you do so?

The cost of underboring with a smoothbore is a loss of efficiency (FS rounds do not require squeezing to get a good fit like a normal paintball). It's not a huge loss though. Most folks do it if they plan on shooting FS rounds and regular paintballs without having to change the barrel (in a neutral, .690 bore, you can get 10-20FPS jump when you load FS rounds).

You definitely don't want to underbore with them. Here's some data from FLASC: http://www.flasc.com...srboresize.html

A lot of folks are citing that report but are failing to notice that he didn't re-chrono between barrel changes for the second test so, here's what happened:

Finished first test (barrel break test) after chronoing to approx 275FPS with the .687 barrel. For the second test he proceeded to shift between barrels without making any velocity adjustment. His conclusion (.687 is most consistent) only holds true if you assume that the T9.1 regulator is most consistent at the pressure level used for the .687 barrel. To verify his conclusion, he needs to shoot the same strings with each barrel chronoed to 275FPS.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users