• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bear112

Bear112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

Okay so I was making plans to go play paintball saterday with a couple of buddies and I asked my mother to drive me as I am only 14. She said "okay. Oh by the way you have to run in a charity thing before I take you". To be honest I am not in top physical shape, yet I am not in bad shape by any stretch of the imagination. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to eat/drink before and after, or any "pro tips" you had about running. (last time I had a "suprise 5k" I did it in 31 minutes, however I felt like crap afterwards. Since I want to play paintball afterwards I am looking for ways on not feeling like crap. (I am already not going to go full speed, duh);) since training isn't really an option I am mostly curious on food/drink
I love Azodin CS

#2 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

If I run in the morning here is what I eat about 1.5 or 2 hours before I run. Normally run 2-4 miles... normally 2. :P

Peanut butter and banana sandwich with honey. I'll pop the bread in the toaster if I am feeling froggy. :P Around 350 cals with 64 or so carbs. 20-32 oz of water on the side.
You don't need an entire kitchen worth of food for something like a 5k.

If I am not eating that then it's just a bowl of oatmeal with whatever fruit I have currently, with a cup of coffee, and a little water.

Edited by Username, 26 June 2012 - 05:46 AM.

National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#3 paintballmasta

paintballmasta

Junior Member cuz i got 3 stars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

ouch 31, i wuld say the norm about 27 for me, but what i usually do is eat a good breakfast, eggs, stay away from coffee becuase of the after energy affect. Eggs, Tea, An apple, Toast= great breakfast.
Current Setup: Ego 11, Empire Prophecy, Ninja 68/4500

BACKUP LOADERS RULE!

#4 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Why is training an option?

I ran a 5k race this week, went 24 minutes placing 100 out of 1400 people. I didn't train specifically for this 5k, although I do run quite a lot, and I still placed pretty well all things considered.

There's no magic to it, either train and get in shape, or don't.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#5 Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

oh gosh 31 minutes...... try to get a good nights sleep, have a good breakfast, and not drinking aton before starting.
Super Nintendo, Sega Gensis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.
-Biggie Smalls
Learned the hard way not to use a speedfeed when its raining. 8/6/11

#6 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Don't drink TOO much water,or 2 things could happen
1.you can get cramps
2.you could get water intoxication.This really only happens when you drink yourself sick.

#7 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

2.you could get water intoxication.This really only happens when you drink yourself sick.

Lol oh come on now. Pulling this little stunt requires you to gorge yourself on water like there's no tomorrow. You don't do this on accident.
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#8 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Eat a good dinner, get good sleep and a good breakfast
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#9 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

1.you can get cramps

That's only if you're not used to drinking a lot of water. I drink a TON of water on a daily basis. Hydrating even more than normal before a race doesn't affect me that much.

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

#10 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

1.you can get cramps

Not true.

Cramps can be alleviated by proper hydration through the event (especially long ones)
More so, alot of people have "Side cramps" Where its like its the side of your belly that cramps up.
This is commonly caused because people do not breath deeply enough, So the Diaphragm (the muscle which is responsible more a majority of the breathing you actually do) doesnt go Down into your stomach enough, if it "Rides high" which happens in shallow breathing, its like trying to move while constantly flexing every muscle in your body. its hard a fuck and strains you out.

Have you ever heard the Term Belly breathing? Basically, try To breath, WITHOUT moving your upper chest. Use ONLY your "gut" if you place a hand on your belly, and one on your chest, control your muscles to you are breathing without moving your chest at all.

its hard to do, But when people run they tend to breath with their Chest. But the strongest muscles to breath come from under your chest. which causes shallow breathing. which is the main cause of cramps. when you are running you want to be using ALL the muscles to breath if you can. however that being said. many people dont breath with the strongest muscle, which hinders them quickly

Edited by Eskimo, 26 June 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#11 Bear112

Bear112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thanks but remember, it's not just the 5k, it's the 5k plus a full day of paintball on top of that in Alabama heat. I am defenatly going to drink a lot of water and I am going to see how the peanut butter and banana honey works for me. Thanks for the replys!
I love Azodin CS

#12 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Don't drink a lot of water the day before, start drinking now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users