34 replies to this topic

#1 81794mn

81794mn

wow i have a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

so today my friend lucy has a boyfriend who is supposdedly in the marine corp boot camp...well i was talking to her today and she said he was on fb...now im not sure but i thought in marine corp boot camp you are allowed only a few phone calls and to write letters. Can anyone confirm this?
Team-Texas Roughnecks, www.TexasRoughnecks.org

#2 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Uhhh no. No forms of basic training allow you to be on your phone unless its for a one time a week call to loved ones and those are brief at best and normally based on how "nice" your TI is. Letters are permitted. Also He may be in AIT or "Tech school" which would permit him to have all his normal privileges. Hope this helps.

Edited by spqr-king, 26 June 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#3 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

it all depends on what unit you are assigned to for training, what phase of training you are in... or maybe he was granted an on post weekend pass and he went to a wireless zone to catch up with friends...

when i went to army basic in '06 i was allowed to have my cell phone onve we got into white phase because we had one bank of pay phones for 200+ soldiers in my training company... so, they let us have cell phones so we could call home and such... we were also given weekend passes, both on and off post, in the AIT portion of my basic... plenty of internet access and getting drunk with the DS's
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#4 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

He's telling straight bullshit. Judging by your location he'd be at Parris Island. He'd be spending his free time fighting off sand fleas and telling the humidity to go fuck itself.

Edited by cavemag, 27 June 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

He's telling straight bullshit. Judging by your location he'd be at Parris Island. He'd be spending his free time fighting off sand fleas and telling the humidity to go fuck itself.

this. I honeslty have never even heard of people having internet access in bootcamp.

i see it unlikely as a phone call is a rare thing.
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

When my older brother was in Marine Corps boot camp, they were allowed to write letters, and that was about it. Granted, this was before the internet, but they rarely even got phone calls, if any at all.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 27 June 2012 - 08:56 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#7 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

you all fail to realize that the miltary has pussified itself as your current generation trainee/recruit is nothing more then a video game junky... the army had to tone down its physical standards because of all the fat ases applying to basic, just to keep their numbers up... same shit with marines, air force and navy... its an across the board pussification of the military...

so yes, he very well could have been on the internet talking shit on facebook while at boot camp... but, given that the marines are still trying to hold onto that old world, better generation mentality of training, its unlikely... but still, i have no faith in todays military if COD pussies are all thats enlisting... hell, we had a guy in my old NG unit that claimed to be a weapons expert... becuase he had beaten COD multiple times... guy couldnt shoot for shit with a real M4... and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a mk 19, with the barn 200ft away...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#8 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

How the fuck do you miss a barn with a grenade? and OEFVeteran have you seen the picture(s) taken back in Dec.7 1944 and the other taken Dec.7 2010
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#9 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

no, i havent...

he missed because he is a Dumbass...

Posted Image

Edited by OEFVeteran, 28 June 2012 - 02:37 AM.

Mossberg 500 ZMB

#10 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

The two pictures have a caption on them that reads:Teenagers in 1944 giving everything and the other caption reads:Teenagers in 2010 demanding everything.The 2nd picture was taken in New York during what ever that occupy bullshit
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#11 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

Very unlikely. Though since there's very little time between boot and tech school (or whatever the jarheads call theirs), he may actually be there, in which they do allow communication in their free time.

When I was going through basic, I managed to get onto Facebook one instance to "retrieve information for my security clearance".

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#12 Baux18

Baux18

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

you all fail to realize that the miltary has pussified itself as your current generation trainee/recruit is nothing more then a video game junky... the army had to tone down its physical standards because of all the fat ases applying to basic, just to keep their numbers up... same shit with marines, air force and navy... its an across the board pussification of the military...

so yes, he very well could have been on the internet talking shit on facebook while at boot camp... but, given that the marines are still trying to hold onto that old world, better generation mentality of training, its unlikely... but still, i have no faith in todays military if COD pussies are all thats enlisting... hell, we had a guy in my old NG unit that claimed to be a weapons expert... becuase he had beaten COD multiple times... guy couldnt shoot for shit with a real M4... and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a mk 19, with the barn 200ft away...

you know what...my brother came out of basic in 2009 or 2010 im not sure...and i do remember him saying that after his class they are making basic more cushy...this was navy basic training and he was only allowed letters and he got a phone call like once every 2-3 weeks.

But the internet? c'mon now...i hope this isnt true. They should be held to letters and rare phone calls like everyone else. Especially the marines. They claim to be the biggest and the baddest.
Posted Image

#13 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Marines are still fighting the TRADOC/DOD to maintain an old world military training mentality... but the Army, fuck, back in 06 they implemented a new type of basic... i was in the first company to go though said training... no shark attack when you get off the bus, DS's cant hit you... i have now heard rumors of "stress cards"... Ft. Jackson did away with the classic "round brown" DS hat... the PT standards dropped to be able to graduate, weight and body fat comp numbers were increased to get people to graduate... and they made basic less physical and more mental...

fuck that... if you cant do 150 pushups in a sitting by the end of basic, you dont fucking belong in the army... simple as that... if you look down at your feet while naked, and you cant see your own dick... well fat ass, you dont belong in the army... if you break down and cry because the mean man int eh hat is yelling at you, you dont belong int eh army...

one of the many reasons i told my unit to go fuck themselves when they wanted me to re-enlist was because todays army has become a mear shadow of what it once was.... sure, there are still super soldiers out there... but they are so far and few between it sickens me... that, and when you do get someone that goes above and beyond, and does something to deserve the highest awards the military can give, they get a fucking ARCOM with valor... all because someone doesnt want to do the paperwork, or have a PFC walking around with a MOH.... i am referencing a PFC from Oregon who's truck was hit with a rocket, he had crushed vertebrae because of the blast... yet he still crawled up onto one of the guns, shot 2800 rounds at the taliban, ran out of ammo, moved to another gun, shot that one dry, then fired 8-10 mags out of his own M4 before he passed out from the pain... yeah, the dude has 3 vertebrae in his back there were turned to dust from the blast... and he still fucked up the taliban... Medal of Honor with Valor worthy action... and he got a fucking ARCOM wth V device... a medal soldiers can earn for wiping their own ass...

so, yeah, its likely that this new generation shit head was on the internet... either he is at the AIT/Tech School phase, and he is allowed a computer in his barracks/dorm room... or, he was granted a day pass on post and he went to the internet cafe...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#14 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Stories like above have keep me away from the military until I have me degree. Think about it more when I get my degree.

Posted Image

Edited by drexler, 28 June 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#15 Baux18

Baux18

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thats ridiculous that instead of pushing people to do better they just lower their standards...

They probably just need more crankers. The fat shits that they lower their standards for most likely end up being cooks or some shit.

And is that story of the guy from Oregon true? IF it is that man deserves a MOH. No question.
Posted Image

#16 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

IO is where it's at.

#17 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I agree, my generation are a a bunch of retards who don't want to work for shit. I have summer school because I got lazy (it will not happen again), and around a quarter of my school is attending summer school. Whether it be the retard freshmen talking about the last time they got high, or had sex, to the kids who don't give a fuck and just go to get laid. I see so much wasted potential in summer school. I have 2 and a half hour long classes. We had to write a biography about a life changing experience we had. I wrote 5 pages worth of material, where as this lazy sack of shit sitting across the room wrote a page. I peer edited his paper, there were A LOT of grammar and spelling mistakes, let alone he did not even care to write about the topic. It took me one hour to come up with this paper, and I had time left over to do the 20 ish plus minutes worth of book work. After I woke up from my sleep because I had nothing to do, the kid was complaining to the teacher on how the work was too hard, and how this class is bull-shit. Did I forget to mention that this guy is going to become a Junior?

I am motivated to go into Armed Forces because of the experience and discipline you get out of it (hopefully it is still there when I enlist). I admit I played COD and battlefield, but I know that you can not compare a video game to real life.

p.s. I heard that the army is doing the "stress cards" as well.

Edited by kingJurzy, 28 June 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#18 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

The stress card thing is just a urban legend, my dad was bitching about that long before you joined the military OEF.

Edited by drexler, 28 June 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#19 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

stress cards are no longer an urban legend... they have been confirmed... they were used at Lenardwood and Jackson for a few cycles... those same training bases changed the regs so that drill sergeants were no longer allowed to wear the DS hat because it made them look too intimidating... like i said, they army went and pussified it self...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#20 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

I agree, my generation are a a bunch of retards who don't want to work for shit. I have summer school because I got lazy (it will not happen again), and around a quarter of my school is attending summer school. Whether it be the retard freshmen talking about the last time they got high, or had sex, to the kids who don't give a fuck and just go to get laid. I see so much wasted potential in summer school. I have 2 and a half hour long classes. We had to write a biography about a life changing experience we had. I wrote 5 pages worth of material, where as this lazy sack of shit sitting across the room wrote a page. I peer edited his paper, there were A LOT of grammar and spelling mistakes, let alone he did not even care to write about the topic. It took me one hour to come up with this paper, and I had time left over to do the 20 ish plus minutes worth of book work. After I woke up from my sleep because I had nothing to do, the kid was complaining to the teacher on how the work was too hard, and how this class is bull-shit. Did I forget to mention that this guy is going to become a Junior?

I am motivated to go into Armed Forces because of the experience and discipline you get out of it (hopefully it is still there when I enlist). I admit I played COD and battlefield, but I know that you can not compare a video game to real life.

p.s. I heard that the army is doing the "stress cards" as well.

psstt... go Marines :D

And the stress cards... I really don't see the point of that. If you can't handle it in training then you definitely can't handle out in the field if that's what I'm getting from this.

#21 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

The Air Force is even getting pansi-fied. And before any of you say anything, I work the real Air Force. I don't sit at a desk all day watching Youtube and dicking around on Facebook, I'm busting my ass fixing shitty aircraft so they can get up in the sky again to go destroy shit.

But when I got in, it was a common sight for the new guys to get their legs beat until they could barely walk, and to yell all kinds of gross obscenities at them (worse than back in Basic since there were no longer rules for it). Hell, even supervision would get in on it. It was all done for a reason, though. It was this and the mere threat of it that got us all moving and trying our hardest not to fuck up and look like a real asshole. I got my legs beat once and that's all I needed.

However, quite recently, all kinds of reports went through from guys who thought their discipline was "too hard" and didn't provide for a "friendly and productive work environment" (and of course, these were the jackasses who just couldn't get the discipline through their thick skulls). So the higher-ups had to crack down on everybody. No more leg-beatings and most yelling had to be brought down to a minimum to where there was no real threat or back-lash against those who constantly fuck up, other than a whole lot of passive-aggressive remarks.
And because of this, a lot of our new guys have become real assholes and there's not much we can do about it. Afterall, these bastards just came out of basic and tech school, so clearly they're God's Gift to the Air Force. :dodgy:

Edited by Antonious, 02 July 2012 - 09:35 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#22 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

one thing i cant stand is the fuckwads that even 2 years after basic still have the "back in basic" stories... becuase they dont have the stones to volunteer for a deployment... hell, the first drill weekend i was back at my guard unit i was in my commanders office asking to be sent on the next deployment... took me 3 years to get sent to afghanistan... and when i came home... the new guys in the unti were asking me "was it like COD man... i bet you got all kinds of quick scope kills and shit..."

and yes, the story about the Oregon soldier is true... http://soldiersangel...nts-heroic.html

that guy should have deserved a Medal of Honor with Valor... yet, because of his rank, he got screwed... and got a lousy ARCOM... fuck, i got an ARCOM jsut for doing my job on an ETT... this is one of the reasons i got out... becuase people like this, soldiers that actually do what they are trained to do, and go above and beyond the calling, get fucked out of what they deserve... all becuase thier chain of command doesnt want to do the paperwork...

my advice, for anyone... if you have other options in life, dont join the military, at least not until shit settles down and the military pulls its head out of its ass...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#23 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

the new guys in the unti were asking me "was it like COD man... i bet you got all kinds of quick scope kills and shit..."

Please tell me you're just exaggerating this.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#24 Baux18

Baux18

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

the new guys in the unti were asking me "was it like COD man... i bet you got all kinds of quick scope kills and shit..."

Please tell me you're just exaggerating this.

if thats not an exaggeration, I truly do not want to live on this planet anymore

Edited by Baux18, 03 July 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image

#25 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

nope, not exaggerating... i had a privateat Camp Shelby ask me that... as well as a few variations of it when i got back to my new unit back in the sates... so, when i actually explained to people what it was that i did, i got a pretty typical "thats complete bullshit" answers from even my command... guess its hard to believe that an E4 woul dbe slotted in an E6 possition, as well as 2 E7 possitions, spend 5 months training Afghan National Army Soldiers, then be a key member of the longer and largest convoy in OEF history (at the time... 1100km, 9 hostile provences, 142 trucks, 16 of which were american gun trucks, in 3.5~ days, i drove the entire trip, while other drivers and gunners switched out ever few hours)... then, spent the next 5 months living with and supporting Special Forces operations in our little slice of Afghanistan, we had an ODA from 7th Group on post, 2 MARSOF/MARSOC teams, a CA team and a PsyOps team on post... plus a group of Italian Alipne Warfare (most of which were SpecOps) an 2 other American ETT/VTT teams on post... and had received an ARCOM for doing said jobs... i was asigen as a driver (any rank slot, usually an E4), Medical NCO (E6 slot), Interpreter Coordinator (E7 slot) and for a while Maintenance NCO (E7 slot) until we got an E5 assigned to our team to take over the job...

i actually had my commander pull me aside, along with other NCO's that i worked with, and tell me to stop telling storied about Afghanistan that were untrue... that it made them look bad and yadda yadda yadda... so i went home that night, went through my records, pulled out my ARCOM award recommendation form, brought it in the next day, showed the commander what it said, left him a copy of siad paperwork and went back to my assigned task... and yet, they wondered why i told them to go pound sand when they asked if i was going to reenlist...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#26 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

nope, not exaggerating... i had a privateat Camp Shelby ask me that... as well as a few variations of it when i got back to my new unit back in the sates... so, when i actually explained to people what it was that i did, i got a pretty typical "thats complete bullshit" answers from even my command... guess its hard to believe that an E4 woul dbe slotted in an E6 possition, as well as 2 E7 possitions, spend 5 months training Afghan National Army Soldiers, then be a key member of the longer and largest convoy in OEF history (at the time... 1100km, 9 hostile provences, 142 trucks, 16 of which were american gun trucks, in 3.5~ days, i drove the entire trip, while other drivers and gunners switched out ever few hours)... then, spent the next 5 months living with and supporting Special Forces operations in our little slice of Afghanistan, we had an ODA from 7th Group on post, 2 MARSOF/MARSOC teams, a CA team and a PsyOps team on post... plus a group of Italian Alipne Warfare (most of which were SpecOps) an 2 other American ETT/VTT teams on post... and had received an ARCOM for doing said jobs... i was asigen as a driver (any rank slot, usually an E4), Medical NCO (E6 slot), Interpreter Coordinator (E7 slot) and for a while Maintenance NCO (E7 slot) until we got an E5 assigned to our team to take over the job...

i actually had my commander pull me aside, along with other NCO's that i worked with, and tell me to stop telling storied about Afghanistan that were untrue... that it made them look bad and yadda yadda yadda... so i went home that night, went through my records, pulled out my ARCOM award recommendation form, brought it in the next day, showed the commander what it said, left him a copy of siad paperwork and went back to my assigned task... and yet, they wondered why i told them to go pound sand when they asked if i was going to reenlist...

Thanks for serving :tup:

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#27 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Much respect man.

#28 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for serving and I also would like to say my generations sucks! >(
It sucks to hear that our millitary is getting soft, I hope that that doesnt happen or has already happend to Army Rangers ect.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#29 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

It sucks to hear that our millitary is getting soft, I hope that that doesnt happen or has already happend to Army Rangers ect.

Are you talking about Ranger School or the 75th Regiment?

They're considering letting women into Ranger School now. I really don't understand their reasoning behind it.

http://articles.chic...ol-army-rangers

Edited by drexler, 12 July 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#30 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Let me start off by saying, I can tell you right now that internet access during Recruit Training at MCRD is fucking horse shit. There is no way in HELL that shit would be true. What might be confusing the person though, is that after Marines graduate Recruit Training, they go to School of Infantry for basic combat training (where they go to learn about machine guns, the M203 etc.). During which time new Marines are given times of liberty. He might have been on facebook during one of his libo periods.

Now onto saying my piece.

I am a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. I was a Corporal at one point, until I was NJP'ed and railroaded for being in a situation that I was forced into, but that's another story. When I went through Recruit Training, I was kicked in the chest, slapped upside the head, called quite a medley of vulgar and vile names, and at no point did I fault my Drill Instructors for doing it. If I ever got admonished, it was because I fucked up. I learned quickly and efficiently, and after 1st phase, I wasn't a fuck up anymore. I was actually a squad leader for a short period of time (I was fired for being "too tall" as my senior was only 5'4 and I am 6'4, and he wanted to find a reason to fire me). I also did the full Crucible with mainpacks (52 miles of marching in 3 days, and various obstacle course like events) as well as the Reaper Hike, which is the culmination of the Crucible event. I was proud to recieve my Eagle Globe and Anchor from my Drill Instructor on the parade ground of Edson Range, Camp Pendleton CA. The things they taught me served me well through my Marine Corps Career, I was a contract PFC, but I was a meritorous LCpl out Combat Training and a meritorous Corporal in about 9 months after picking up Lance. From the moment I got to my unit I was volunteering to go on a deployment. I recently finished my first deployment (I was stuck in a non deploying unit for 2 years before being given the chance). I had to wait so long due to a lot of others queued up and awaiting a chance to deploy ahead of me.

The old traditions of the Army and Air Force might be dead and gone, but I can tell you right now the Marine Corps fights every day to keep its old traditions. Sadly with groups like Mothers of America and others like them, it's making it tougher and tougher every day. We recently got rid of rolled sleeves, which was an identifying mark of the Marine Corps, as well as an increase in tattoo restrictions, its ridiculous. I would love to reenlist in the Marines next year when my contract is up, but I am concerned of the direction the Marines are taking...

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#31 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Are you talking about Ranger School or the 75th Regiment?

They're considering letting women into Ranger School now. I really don't understand their reasoning behind it.

http://articles.chic...ol-army-rangers

Both, and I hope they do not let women in, not that im againts them but i cant see a women being able to carry a fully loaded ranger. I know some can but thats super rare.

Let me start off by saying, I can tell you right now that internet access during Recruit Training at MCRD is fucking horse shit. There is no way in HELL that shit would be true. What might be confusing the person though, is that after Marines graduate Recruit Training, they go to School of Infantry for basic combat training (where they go to learn about machine guns, the M203 etc.). During which time new Marines are given times of liberty. He might have been on facebook during one of his libo periods.

Now onto saying my piece.

I am a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. I was a Corporal at one point, until I was NJP'ed and railroaded for being in a situation that I was forced into, but that's another story. When I went through Recruit Training, I was kicked in the chest, slapped upside the head, called quite a medley of vulgar and vile names, and at no point did I fault my Drill Instructors for doing it. If I ever got admonished, it was because I fucked up. I learned quickly and efficiently, and after 1st phase, I wasn't a fuck up anymore. I was actually a squad leader for a short period of time (I was fired for being "too tall" as my senior was only 5'4 and I am 6'4, and he wanted to find a reason to fire me). I also did the full Crucible with mainpacks (52 miles of marching in 3 days, and various obstacle course like events) as well as the Reaper Hike, which is the culmination of the Crucible event. I was proud to recieve my Eagle Globe and Anchor from my Drill Instructor on the parade ground of Edson Range, Camp Pendleton CA. The things they taught me served me well through my Marine Corps Career, I was a contract PFC, but I was a meritorous LCpl out Combat Training and a meritorous Corporal in about 9 months after picking up Lance. From the moment I got to my unit I was volunteering to go on a deployment. I recently finished my first deployment (I was stuck in a non deploying unit for 2 years before being given the chance). I had to wait so long due to a lot of others queued up and awaiting a chance to deploy ahead of me.

The old traditions of the Army and Air Force might be dead and gone, but I can tell you right now the Marine Corps fights every day to keep its old traditions. Sadly with groups like Mothers of America and others like them, it's making it tougher and tougher every day. We recently got rid of rolled sleeves, which was an identifying mark of the Marine Corps, as well as an increase in tattoo restrictions, its ridiculous. I would love to reenlist in the Marines next year when my contract is up, but I am concerned of the direction the Marines are taking...

Thanks for serving! I have the upmost repect for any one that serves our country!
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#32 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Well I am 13 years old, I have the utmost respect for all who have served. I am the only one in my class how has fired a firearm and only history buff, I also play COD but I understand that 99.9 percent of COD is not true at all (the .1 being that guns shoot bullets) but a majority don't understand a damn thing about real war and it discusts me. My one "friend" talks about dolphin diving in real fucking war.
/mini rant
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#33 Sallario

Sallario

Welsh and Proud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

If a women can get through the same training, I see no major reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

The "stress card" thing. I can see it being useful at first, but once you're halfway or so through. If you still need it. You shouldn't be there.
Posted Image
Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head

#34 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

If a women can get through the same training, I see no major reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

The "stress card" thing. I can see it being useful at first, but once you're halfway or so through. If you still need it. You shouldn't be there.

True, but maybe 1% of women can. So why budget out the money so many can try, fail and waste taxpayer bucks.

#35 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

even if a woman can get though the training i wnt fucking trust her when the bullets start flying... there is a reason comabt arms is a mans job... its becuase emotions get you killed in war, and women let their minds be run and overcome by emotions... making a split second decision when the bullets start flying and the bombs start dropping is a logical task, not suited for an emotional being... women will imprint on the men that protect her, as will men imprint themselves on the women they are to protect... that leads to lethal situations in combat...

also, i have never once seen a woman in the army able to carry a full M240b combat load, plus a 7 day ruck and all the medical supplies and other shit they might need on an extended patrol... women are strong in their own way... they are good for many tasks in the military... i would rather have a female medic working on me in a clinical situation then a male medic, as women tend to be more compassionate... male medics are more of the "suck it up, pussy" types...

women have their place in the military... no doubt about it they are valuable assets just like every other person in uniform... but, women just simply dont have the logical, cold hearted thought process that most men do.... no, there is maybe 1 woman in a 1000 that can think like amn when it comes to combat... that one woman who has no problem sending men to their deaths to get teh mission done... but, most women i've met in service say they are glad they dont have to make said decisions... as they wouldnt be able to send men into a situation where the chances of them surviving are slim to none, and slim just left the AO....

women in combat arms is nothing compared to the other bull shit going on in the military... and props for the USMC for trying to uphold the traditions that make the military what it is... but the only thing that will honestly fix all the problems in the military is WWIII... we needs another world war to weed out all the pussies and shitbags... to let the real men and women come to shine and rise though the ranks and to take back command from all the armchair paper pushing college grad pussies that seem to thing they know everything about everything... yet they have never heard shots fired in anger... or had that split second where they had gods power of life or death over someone literally at their finger tips...

my one questionf or anyone thinking about enlisting is this... if the situation presents itself and you have to kill a kid, or a woman or bomb a whole village... or maybe even kill your own battle buddy/team mate becuase of the mission and for the flag... maybe to save 10, 100 or 1000 people... would you be able to pull the trigger... if the person has any other answer other then yes, i would pull the trigger without hesitation... then they are not fit for military duty... becuase at the very core of being a soldier, marine, airmen or seamen, you are a riflemen forst... and regardless of what job you have, you may very well be called upon to take anothers life, be it american citizen or not... you swear an oath to defend this nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic...

so thing about that for those of you wanting to enlist... be you cook, medic, nurse, infantry, tanker, or supply specialist... you are a fighter and a killer first... and if you cant live with that, and that you may well need to kill to complete your mission... then dont fucking sign the contract... and save yourself and others...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users