19 replies to this topic

#1 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

If I get another ban because I'm quoting what I said, someone will be hearing from me shortly, whether politely handled, or not.

What I said on the chat. We were describing Call of Duty's community, and here's the quote. "Raveanas I agree, CoD has a terrible community because of all of the trolls and the super awesome ninja's of doom little kids no one likes."

I'm simply quoting myself to provide better explanation of myself, please don't ban me because I'm not trying to harm anyone, just SIMPLY STATING WHAT I SAID SO I CAN EXPLAIN MYSELF.

Alright, if people can say, "Fuck this is so fucking stupid" on the chat and not get banned, why can't someone say what I said?

I don't refer to the word I used as homophobic, a racial slur, or as over-the-top profanity. I use it all the time, my friends use it all the time, my parents use it all the time, my grandma uses it all the time. What's the big deal if I said that word and other people are saying "Fuck." ?

I enjoy my time spent on the chat, I try to be respectful, if I hurt any one's feelings (and I HIGHLY doubt I did) I'm sorry. I just can't believe that 6 letter word got me banned quicker than saying "FUCK FUCK FUCK, THIS IS SO FUCKING STUPID"

I've said that before, not gotten banned.

My rants over, mods read and reply. Like I said if I get banned, someone's either going to get a polite reply, or a raging response. Depending on what mood I'm in. I'm not threatening, just warning.

#2 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

The sense of entitlement you have is overwhelming. What you fail to understand is that this is a privately owned site and the owners have decided that is not the type of language they wants used here. It is infact a deragatorry term and we don't tolerate that here. Swearing is one thing, discrimanatory slurs are a totally different matter. It was also a radio show night where we don't give people multipe chances to mess up. Bans are lifted every monday, you're welcome back then if you feel you can behave.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#3 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

The sense of entitlement you have is overwhelming. What you fail to understand is that this is a privately owned site and the owners have decided that is not the type of language they wants used here. It is infact a deragatorry term and we don't tolerate that here. Swearing is one thing, discrimanatory slurs are a totally different matter. It was also a radio show night where we don't give people multipe chances to mess up. Bans are lifted every monday, you're welcome back then if you feel you can behave.

I was behaving regardless, I believe the fact that the single "rule" I had happened to infract was on complete accident without me knowing that it was even against the rules. I believe that I should have been given a warning because even though reading the rules and avoiding saying anything else off-limits, I was simply describing the CoD community, you have to agree that I described it extremely accurately too. The fact that I have many people agreeing with me doesn't change the rules, but it happens to give me that so called "sense of entitlement"

#4 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

No the sense of entitlement you have is the little statement at the end about the tempertantrum you were preparing to throw if you were banned. No I do not agree that you described the "cod" community" correctly because I would never use a word that offensive to describe anything. "Everyone else agreeing" is both false and irrelevant. I don't see anyone here agreeing with your statement and I don't see how that would magically make it ok to say that. This is a private forum where you don't just get to say whatever you feel like because that the language you happen to use in your personal life. Accident or not...when you sign in it says read the rules first, you didnt. You have also been a member since 08, and this has always been a rule. Ignorance to a rule is no excuse. If I got stopped for speeding on the highway but I didn't know what the speed limit was (even though it was posted) I would still get a ticket, would I not?

Like I said, bans are cleared monday. You're going to have to wait it out.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#5 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

No the sense of entitlement you have is the little statement at the end about the tempertantrum you were preparing to throw if you were banned. No I do not agree that you described the "cod" community" correctly because I would never use a word that offensive to describe anything. "Everyone else agreeing" is both false and irrelevant. I don't see anyone here agreeing with your statement and I don't see how that would magically make it ok to say that. This is a private forum where you don't just get to say whatever you feel like because that the language you happen to use in your personal life. Accident or not...when you sign in it says read the rules first, you didnt. You have also been a member since 08, and this has always been a rule. Ignorance to a rule is no excuse. If I got stopped for speeding on the highway but I didn't know what the speed limit was (even though it was posted) I would still get a ticket, would I not?

Like I said, bans are cleared monday. You're going to have to wait it out.

How many times do I have to say I've read the rules? Also, I can link several youtube videos, forum posts, or take a screen shot on my phone of my friends agreeing with me. I highly doubt, and wouldn't take your word on it if you say you've never used the word fag in a disrespectful sense before. I simply didn't know, although reading the rules several times, that it would be considered derogatory. Not like I said the n-word or anything. Not like I used "g..." in a bad sense, even though that's used every day by billions around the world, which is somehow irrelevant. I'm sure thousands have said "That's so g..." on the chat and haven't been banned, even though that's homophobic. I can back myself up in many ways, but apparently it's "irrelevant."

Also, about the temper tantrum. Lol, I said depending in the mood I was in if I did get banned for quoting myself. Who would just take a ban for just trying to explain themselves by using a quote that simply was stating the reason they got banned.

Again, I've read the rules many times, and the fact that you said this:

...when you sign in it says read the rules first, you didnt.

AND

Ignorance to a rule is no excuse.

Both of these pissed me off and showed to me that you read and/or understood little of what I said in my previous post.

Edited by hammer280, 27 June 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#6 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Dude chilllllllllllll ull live its no biggie

Edited by paintbrawler_tman, 27 June 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Sponsored by ansgear, Macddev, KM straps, pbfashion, Valken, SLY Equipment.
Feedback

#7 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

I am chill, I'm simply defending my position. I got banned for a fucking stupid reason imo.

#8 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

I am chill, I'm simply defending my position. I got banned for a fucking stupid reason imo.

thats cool dude most people will agree tat the mods on here can be a bit lets say overzealous about "broken rules" but wha u did is clearly against the rules and the mods enforce the rules pretty strictly on radio night ya know? just dont worry about it tho ur ban will be lifted soon and just monitor yourself especially on show nights.

Feedback

#9 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

thats cool dude most people will agree tat the mods on here can be a bit lets say overzealous about "broken rules" but wha u did is clearly against the rules and the mods enforce the rules pretty strictly on radio night ya know? just dont worry about it tho ur ban will be lifted soon and just monitor yourself especially on show nights.

I just can't believe that a mod wasted his/her time to ban me for saying what I said. Overzealous is an understatement (Nice use of that word btw, I was surprised when I saw it)

#10 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

I really don't care what you or your friends think is ok to say or not say. On this website you are not to use hateful and bigoted languagfe like that.

You are incorrect in your assumption that I am lying about my personal usage of that word, but that is besides the point. Yes, any person we catch using that word on the site (who evades the word filter we have in place) either gets their warn bar increased or gets a suspension. It depends on past behavior. In Chat, I cannot think of I time where myself or another staffer (that I had wittnessed) did not ban a chatter instantly for using that word, radio show night or not.

Since you seem to think the rules on this matter are unclear I will spell them out for you.

Definition of the word you used compliments of dictionary.com
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/super awesome ninja's of doom?s=t

noun Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a male homosexual.

Our Forum rules
http://www.techpb.co...&st=0

Questionable Content
These are public boards, so act like you would if you were in a public place. These issues are left to the discretion of the individual moderators, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or deflamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.

Religion and Political threads are subject to closure at staff's discretion. To paraphrase Mike: "If you want religion, go to church. If you want paintball, come to TechPB. If they want to debate religion, go to liveleak.com. Fuck that, not here, not on my site. Debate religion and politics on another site that actually cares about it."

And also our chat rules
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=181726

8. Racist, homophobic, sexist or any other derogatory slurs or sayings will not be tolerated. A member may be banned immediately for using any type of slur.

I fail to see how you are not in the wrong.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#11 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

I'm not saying I'm not in the wrong. When did I say that? You're missing the point. I SIMPLY HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS GOING TO BE AN INSTABAN. If I had known that, I sure as hell wouldn't have said it. I'm done arguing, since you're too oblivious to see what I'm defending IN MY OPINION.

Close this thread please, because the more "Abby" posts the more I'm going to get pissed off, and usually the more I get pissed off, the more rules I apparently break.

EDIT: The fact that I had no idea it was going to be an instaban has been stated above, I will not defend myself anymore, because it's getting me nowhere.

Edited by hammer280, 27 June 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,064 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

It does not matter what you did or did not know, those are the rules, and everyone is subject to them, regardless of ignorance. If you wish to avoid this situation in the future, I suggest you read all the rules, and become familiar with them.

Now, to address your casual use of the word, that's your problem, not ours. If "I use it all the time, my friends use it all the time, my parents use it all the time, my grandma uses it all the time," then that's a problem with your social environment, and we won't have that in our chat.

Bottom line, this thread is making it very hard to justify unbanning you from chat, if we ever do. If I were you, I'd drop it, move on, and be thankful when/if we allow you back in chat.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#13 hammer280

hammer280

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

It does not matter what you did or did not know, those are the rules, and everyone is subject to them, regardless of ignorance. If you wish to avoid this situation in the future, I suggest you read all the rules, and become familiar with them.

Now, to address your casual use of the word, that's your problem, not ours. If "I use it all the time, my friends use it all the time, my parents use it all the time, my grandma uses it all the time," then that's a problem with your social environment, and we won't have that in our chat.

Bottom line, this thread is making it very hard to justify unbanning you from chat, if we ever do. If I were you, I'd drop it, move on, and be thankful when/if we allow you back in chat.

Read the post above yours. This also pissed me off, but not that you care. Only if someone would've closed this before you posted. Also, I can't believe that it's making hard to justify unbanning me. You've seen my actions in chat, this is the first "serious" violation I've ever had. NOW FUCKING CLOSE THIS GOD DAMN TOPIC PLEASE.

#14 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

what you are failing to understand is that the problem isnt what you said in the chat room (i wasnt there to see it) but in fact the problem is your attitude in handling this situation... i sugest, before things escalate further, that you take a step back from this train wreck of thread, relax a bit, and come back in with a mature attitude... it might get you farther...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#15 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Ignorance to a rule is no excuse. If I got stopped for speeding on the highway but I didn't know what the speed limit was (even though it was posted) I would still get a ticket, would I not?

I SIMPLY HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS GOING TO BE AN INSTABAN. .

Here you go mate.

It's this way even in real life.

What I'm getting at, is you may not have known something, but no matter how much you apologize, the damage is already done. I could apologize 100 times to the cop that pulled me over for speeding, hell, I could write a 100 page essay saying how sorry I am on the spot, he may take the apology, but I'm still going to get the ticket. He's simply doing his job, and that's making the roads a safer place for everyone.

In that sense, a TechPB Mod is a "Cop"

Edited by ShadowZero, 28 June 2012 - 12:37 AM.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#16 Dak-Attack

Dak-Attack

Likes Puppies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

NOW FUCKING CLOSE THIS GOD DAMN TOPIC PLEASE.

This is why we can't have nice things, or go to the classy parties.

Potty mouth.

Just look back over the rules and take something from this experience.

Edit: Hypothetical situation:

Say everyone speeds down a small county road. The limit is 30 but people wisp by going 60-80 mph. You think it's unfair.

Then one day you decide that, "Hey, if it's ok with everyone, i see no harm in doing it."

Down near a pasture entrance a cop car is waiting because there have been complaints about people speeding. He catches you going 88 and flags you down. You pull over to the side of the street and you know you broke the law.

Do you honestly think that, "Everyone else does it! Why me?" Is going to hold up an argument with him? Heck no, he is going to give you a fat ticket. And if he's on commission he would have even less remorse for you.

The only difference in this situation is that the mods enforce for FREE while cops are being paid to do so. And while they enforce these rules they have to put up with people that claim ignorance. And in your case, claim knowledge AND ignorance. They also have to put up with complaints.

You sped down the road to show who's boss at the wrong time mate.

Edited by Dak-Attack, 28 June 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#17 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

I SIMPLY HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS GOING TO BE AN INSTABAN. If I had known that, I sure as hell wouldn't have said it.

Its much too time consuming to discuss the theory behind every single rule, and the punishment for breaking them with every person who happens to break one. You broke a rule, we're probably not going to take the time to warn you....especially on a show night....sorry.

I'm done arguing, since you're too oblivious to see what I'm defending IN MY OPINION.

There is nothing for you to argue. You broke a rule, and you were punished appropriately (we get to make the decision of what punishment is appropriate, not you). Your opinion doesn't mean anything in this situation.
Your attitude is the thing hurting your chances of an unban. From the very first sentence of the thread, you've been an asshole...and being an asshole to the people who go into the RAC, and unban you isn't a good idea. Relax, its the internet.

Posted Image

#18 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

ONLY MODS AND THE OP SHOULD BE POSTING IN HERE... YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BETTER.....Posted Image
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#19 paintbrawler_tman

paintbrawler_tman

Fly Like A G6R

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

ONLY MODS AND THE OP SHOULD BE POSTING IN HERE... YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BETTER.....Posted Image

*innocent voice*Sorrry veteran :( :unsure:

Feedback

#20 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Op. In yourself worth of a thread I have seen nothing but demands from you. I have yet to see you apologize for the derogatory remark. We have 35,000 members here. Obviously you are so blind to even consider that we would have homosexual members in the group. Quite simply put ... Your words are socially unacceptable. The staff shall not allow you to insult others based on your ignorance or arrogance (whichever applies here.)

If you have a problem you may send your remarks to me, whether in a happy joyous tone or a strict tongue lashing I don't give a damn, and I'll be sure to review it with all the attention you deserve.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users