#101 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

OHP 65 x5 (5 Sets) [Passed]
Deadlift 85 x5 (1 Set)

I'm just going to go back to squats. I'll start Friday. Football starts tomorrow, we will test our stuff most likely this week. Didn't want to start squatting again today and be sore for the 300 YD.

#102 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

Sloths are the best animals evar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Here are my goals for me friend Bacon

Max:

Squat: 185

deadlift: 205

bench: 135

incline: 105

I can do that and I weigh about 125lbs. (not trying to show off but I was doing as much as you when I was your size and you CAN get this high if you work hard enough)

#103 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Max:

I can do that and I weigh about 125lbs. (not trying to show off but I was doing as much as you when I was your size and you CAN get this high if you work hard enough)

The only thing is I'm 10 lbs lighter and I'm 5'4", so probably shorter.

I need some more weights, having no money sucks. There are some rusty 5's and 10's in my basement that will do.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 06 September 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#104 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Alright, I can't do squats now. Football is insanely leg heavy this year.

Bench Press 75 x5 (5 Sets)
Rows 75 x5 (5 Sets)

Edited by The Bacon Man, 08 September 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#105 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Here are some tips based on my few years of football
I'll let you into an O-line secret to stop leg pain.. Do endurance squatting ( 5 mins straight X 2 reps or 2 min with a small sprint X 5) , it hurts like a !@##$$#$%$#T^%$##$donkey@$%#E#@ but it will really pay off. oh and also , after every practise dont take a shower take a HOT bath , it will relax your muscles and help with the pain.

Also , If your coach gives you more than 2 days of break from practise go out and do something physically intense on the days past day 2. I've noticed that everyone gets lazy and tired during practise when we have 2 + days of rest. Even if you have 2 days , go paintballing or something to keep your " workout mojo" (thats my name for it lol) flowing

Also , Weight training should be done before the season ( i know you did that), Right now i think you need to focus more on skills than weight training. Work on foot work, catching , tackling , reactions, YOUR PLAYS ( I dont like people who dont know what to do on the field) ETC ..

and also , Weight training is good , but cardio is better , Being able to bench 250 lbs X10 does no good on the field if you are gasping for air every play.

BTWS what position are you? and how long have you played ? (I think you said in the players group but i dont want to look through it lol)

sorry for the bad puncuation and spelling , i dont feel like writing english final worthy work right now lol

Posted Image

#106 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I have been playing with my friends for maybe 3 years but this is my first year in a school league. I pretty good considering I haven't played long. I play WR and CB.

#107 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Max:

lol thats nothing
how old r u

OFWGKTA

#108 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

#109 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

highly doubt that.

#110 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

You highly doubt that I'm 13? I can assure you I am

#111 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I highly doubt a 13 YO can bench 135 lol
no offence

Posted Image

#112 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

I seriously can I have been lifting for a long time and I have a great lifting schedule. I wouldn't lie on a paintball forum about any of those stats

Edited by A&mballer, 10 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#113 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

You highly doubt that I'm 13? I can assure you I am

I highly doubt a 13 year old can bench 135 and squat 185. Let's see a video?

#114 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

If it is that much of a deal, then I will try and post it. I'm not sure how to post video's though.

#115 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

You can upload to youtube.
You're 125 pounds right?

#116 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

I don't Have a youtube but yes I am 125 and yes and can do all of those amounts. I have been lifting at the LEAST 3 times a week for the past two years. I'm not one of those dumb asses that lie about weights. I take it serious and I'm proud of how much I can do.

#117 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

I believe it. At ages 12-16 it depends entirely on height and how much you work out. I can lift until I sever my quads but I'll still be weak.

#118 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

I don't Have a youtube but yes I am 125 and yes and can do all of those amounts. I have been lifting at the LEAST 3 times a week for the past two years. I'm not one of those dumb asses that lie about weights. I take it serious and I'm proud of how much I can do.

i believe you man if anything i would expect more than just 10 pounds above ur bodyweight if youve been lifting for 2 years! hahah jkjk good job man
OFWGKTA

#119 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm not posting every single workout I do, some days with Football I just need to work out and sleep, no TechPB. On a side note:

Drum role please!

Bumbumbumbumbum

June's mile for school: 12:30
Today's mile for school: 8:45

4 mins bitches.

#120 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm not posting every single workout I do, some days with Football I just need to work out and sleep, no TechPB. On a side note:

Drum role please!

Bumbumbumbumbum

June's mile for school: 12:30
Today's mile for school: 8:45

4 mins bitches.

dang dude im gonna tell ur parents u cuzz!!!!!!! and thats awesome bro. craazy results!
OFWGKTA

#121 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'll test my mile on the treadmill to see how much the past week of football did, I'd say :30 to 1:00. We do some crazy conditioning and endurance stuff.

#122 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

Were the 12 minute and 8 minute mile run done running, not on a treadmill?

#123 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Yup. Both on the same exact track. 12:30 and 8:45.

#124 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I have been doing the weights, Football is killing my knees, but doing great on my legs. My quads and calfs are twice as hard and twice as big. The weights are actually giving me a surprising amount of muscle being 13. I've never done so much cardio in my life as in Football.

In gym we do fitness testing at the start and end of every year. We were doing pushups and situps a day ago. It was an audio tape that said when to go up/down. It had very slow reps. The max they let us do was 20 pushups and 70 crunches, I got 20/70 without an issue, the music stopped before me.

#125 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

WTF is up with your fitness testing ? lol
At my school the fitness testing is just beep test , 1 min push ups and plank plus some other training stuff .(In gr 10, I got ~9.5 on the beep test ( improved by 2 levels in a semester) , 45 push ups in 1 min ( improved by 20 in a semester) and a ~3 mins on plank ( in proved by 2 mins in a semester) and 130 skips in 1 min while weighing 200+ lbs :P)
What type of conditioning are you doing for football?
Has your team done texas miles yet? hehe

Posted Image

#126 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Conditioning has calmed down some. We warm up with a half mile and then stretch. Then we do "lines". Just go in lines and do various sprints and stuff. Then we do the main parts of the practice, 2 parts, we switch halfway through. It is usally agility and something else (hitting, passing, plays, etc). We end the practice with some suicides.

In the beginning it was pretty much 2 1/2 hours of agility and conditioning.

Last year for fitness testing it was just how many pushups and situps in a minute, your mile time and the "Sit and Reach". There were starting to realize that most kids were doing neck pushups and pulling the ground for the situps, so they used the audio and watches us closely.

It used to really piss me off seeing some kid get 54 pushups in a minute and knowing they were just bobbing their head. Then they brag they got so many and everyone buys that shit. Then me and my friends who aren't strong (but stronger than him by far) get some low number.

#127 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Your practice sounds a lot like mine
Yeah it really bugs me when i see kids half ass pushups but I love it when those kids come to play football and get their asses kicked by the coach when they pull that shit :D

Posted Image

#128 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yeah I always try my hardest, I can't stand the kids who jog through everything. Out of everyone in my weight and height group I probably have some of the worst endurance, I still give it my all. More often than not I'll gag during practice from doing so much.

Fitness testing in gym today was total bs. We had to do pullups, if we couldn't do them, we used a power rack and layed down and did them. I could do 8 real pullups, I've worked hard to get there, I couldn't do 1 a year ago. Some kids were doing half-chin ups with an underhand grip.

The worst part is the teachers had students write down everything, they didn't ask if it was regular pull ups or the modified.

On a side note, I'm going to start adding AB workouts to my scedual. It can only help, especially in football. The one I'll be doing is perhaps the only good thing Scooby's workshop has produced. Pick a weight you can do 3-6 crunches with. Do this without stopping:

Crunches till failure @ 100% weight.
Bicycles till failure @ 100% weight.
Repeat both at 50% weight.
Repeat both with no weight.
3 sets, 5 minute break.

It feels like lava injected into your abs with lightheadedness and fatigue but it does work.

#129 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

100 LB Bench.

#130 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

quit maxin out man its not good or necessary for u
OFWGKTA

#131 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm just testing it, I'm not working out with that weight.

#132 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

i get that but its easy to get hurt maxing out
OFWGKTA

#133 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

i get that but its easy to get hurt maxing out

Your right, but if you know what your doing it shouldn't be an issue.

#134 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I've been doing it with proper form and when I can't do it I push it off to the side and get out from under it. Sounds dangerous but I could do it with my eyes closed.

#135 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I've been doing it with proper form and when I can't do it I push it off to the side and get out from under it. Sounds dangerous but I could do it with my eyes closed.

lol this... is dumb... just calculate it online and only try it once every two months.. trust me
OFWGKTA

#136 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Actually if you can do like 2 or 3 reps of say 100lbs. bench press, that's better than doing 10 reps of 90lbs. You gain muscle faster that way.
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#137 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just a little update. I haven't really been working out these past 2 weeks, starting up again now. My life has been school, football, eat, shower and sleep for the past month, I just didn't have the energy.

We are doing so much cardio in Football that I now have a pretty nice 6 pack, it actually looks like I worked really hard for it. I didn't lose weight so it is all good. On top of that I feel like my arms are much thicker.

In P.T. I've been doing stretches because part of why I hurt my knees is my hamstrings. They are dangerously tight, I used to be able to only reach mid way down my shin when stretching. It's getting much better.

In Football I've become much better overnight, I'm actually really good at blocking.

As far as physical health, it's improved 100% over the past month.

#138 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Sounds great man! I haven't been able to workout these past few weeks either, been to busy.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#139 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yeah even though we have weekends I'm with my friends all weekend so I forget. Football does enough to hold me over though. We did this one thing yesterday for muscle endurance. We did burpees, shuffling our feet in between reps for 10 secs. 10 burpees, 20 pushups, 10 burpees, 29 pushups, etc. I think we did 40 burpees and 80 pushups. Everyone gave up after 5-10 pushups, I felt like the only one trying. My chest is on fire today :)

*20 pushups not 29, too lazy to edit.

#140 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

In the past for my 31 pushup max I did it a little wider than I should have. I couldn't do as many with the right grip thinking back. I just did 35 really solid pushups. Shoulder width exactly, one fluid motion (arms didn't go to the side) and my nose hit the ground every time. Couldn't do 25 of these a month or two ago.

So I don't hurt my knees again I can't squat, haven't squared since the first week of football. I'm gonna start doing leg extensions/curls on my bench. Better than nothing.

#141 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

hey man never feel guilty if u miss a week or two in the gym fyi! school always comes first and cuz ur starting so young u can afford to skip weeks with football and still be jacked as hell by 16/17 when girls start getting hot haha just dont waste ur time on girls now hahahaha trust me!!!!!!!! ur doing good so far and will def be stronger than me at my age..
OFWGKTA

#142 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Yeah even though I can barely gain muscle at my age I look 5x better than 3 months ago. I'm actually pretty proud that I have a legit six pack now. My calfs look like thighs and my thighs are huge. There is literally more fat on my stomach than my thighs and they are still huge.

Chest looks less bony as with my arms. My back is still bad though haha. It's gonna take 50 LB of muscle to hide those shoulder blades.

#143 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Yeah even though I can barely gain muscle at my age I look 5x better than 3 months ago. I'm actually pretty proud that I have a legit six pack now. My calfs look like thighs and my thighs are huge. There is literally more fat on my stomach than my thighs and they are still huge.

Chest looks less bony as with my arms. My back is still bad though haha. It's gonna take 50 LB of muscle to hide those shoulder blades.

Bowflex, my friend.

#144 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

make sure that you dont get cocky now ;) and wuts ur workout like now
OFWGKTA

#145 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

The same 5x5 with 2 different workouts and I'm adding 30-100 pushups and a few pullups to them. I also do core strength 1-2 times a week. Lots of crunches and 3 2 minute planks.

#146 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

110 LB Bench

#147 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Bench my own weight: Check
10 Pullups: Check

Need to start running now that football is over.

#148 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

how much do u weigh
OFWGKTA

#149 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

112, I put some of those 1 LB bracelets on it to make sure I could.

#150 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

112, I put some of those 1 LB bracelets on it to make sure I could.

honestly quit maxing out hahaha that sounds just ridiculous once every 2 months or so is much more satisfying and reduces potential injuries
OFWGKTA

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users