• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#151 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I've done pretty much nothing up until this week. Now that it is too cold to play football a lot I am starting to get back on track with weights and running. Over the summer, 1 month of interval running dropped my mile time by 4 mins. I downloaded the Couch to 10k app today. It is all interval running, reviews say it works. My New Years Resolution is to finish this. I want to run a 5k without stopping, I'd be amazed if it actually worked well enough for me to run 10k without stopping.

#152 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

120 LB bench, testing my OHP and Deadlift tomorrow because I got more weights. 1 and 1/2 a month without maxing, Globe. :)

I started getting back in the swing a week or two ago and have gained 10 LB on my bench since. What I've done is added body weight to my workouts. I was stuck on 85/90 5x5 and couldn't get over it, now I'm doing good again. I've been doing this:

5x5 of whatever exercise, run to my pull-up bar and do 6 pull ups, run to an open area on the floor and do push-ups to failure. Shit gets you SORE. Sore is good though... I've also ordered fractional 1.25 LB weights because adding 5 LB every workout got too much a while ago. They only gave me 1 so I have to deal with amazon now...

#153 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

With the new weights I have I now have a total of 165 LB. I deadlifted 165 (and recorded it, my form is flawless). It wasn't even that difficult... I'd say my max is somewhere near 200. Is that good for 5'5" and 115 LB?

#154 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

With the new weights I have I now have a total of 165 LB. I deadlifted 165 (and recorded it, my form is flawless). It wasn't even that difficult... I'd say my max is somewhere near 200. Is that good for 5'5" and 115 LB?

ya thats great man try to rep 165 if u think u can do 200 max
OFWGKTA

#155 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm soon investing in a squat rack because my back is weak compared to the rest of me - cutting out the squats wasn't a good idea. I am also gaining about .5- 1 LB per week, so I'm at the stage where I can actually gain muscle mass. Starting up the squats at 65 5x5 while I wait to get a rack. That's the weight you are supposed to start out with squats in stronglifts and being I never really squatted, why not start over?

I also tried repping my rows just to get a feel of what I can do. I got 105 x7.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=Squat+rack

That looks like a good rack, it is individual stands which means it is very adjustable and I can use it to make benching that much safer. I won't have to go in an awkward position to squat and OHP either.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 20 January 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#156 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I like rogue stuff a lot so i'd check them out. You know its quality when its from them!
OFWGKTA

#157 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I checked them out and it's a little pricey... Haha.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=squat rack

Getting this. It's a sold rack and it safely holds 400 LB.

#158 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

ya but ur at 65 and for 100 more u can get something that will last you years and be safe
OFWGKTA

#159 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

You know what, you're right. Weights have become a hobby for me and I want to be able to be safe. I'll save up for a power rack. The PPR200X seems to be highly recommended and under $400. I also want to upgrade to an Olympic weight set because standard weights are expensive as hell.

#160 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

155 x8 Deads. Enough for 200?

#161 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

155 x8 Deads. Enough for 200?

id say possibly! u should buy a set of quarter plates soon for squat and dl's
OFWGKTA

#162 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

I was thinking of switching to Olympic soon. I may possibly have a job in a few weeks and I'd like to invest in olympic weights before it's too late (having 300 lb+ in standards).

#163 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

wait are you not using an olympic bar? and just get cheap weight plates unless you plan on dropping them repeatedly like in a hangclean
OFWGKTA

#164 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Nope, I had 100 LB or so of standard weight before I got a barbell.

#165 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

dang then get iron plates for an oly bar
OFWGKTA

#166 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Doubled my bench and push-ups from the day I started.

#167 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

which is?
OFWGKTA

#168 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

August. I didn't work out during or after football, so I only worked out for 3 months at the most. I only gained 5> LB on all my lifts during the off time too.

#169 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

8:14 min mile.

I haven't been lifting much these past few weeks but I'm starting it up again. Kind of lost motivation. I have a tub of protein and I'm ready to hit some new PRs.

I have been playing lots of football and basketball so my legs are still getting stronger by the day. I might need a week to regain lost upper body progress.

#170 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Been working out pretty serious the past month through football, official season starts monday.  I want to test some 1RMs today before it starts.   Just doing a normal workout until I can get a spotter.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 16 August 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#171 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

You seem like me except like a smaller, skinnier me. I'm 14, 6'1", and 203.6 lbs

It sounds like I'm fat and I am but I do have muscle, it's not all fat. My maxes are above yours but you are a much smaller guy.

Bench: 155 x5
Pull-ups: 10 TOPS
Sit-ups: ~30 per minute, however many minutes you want
Push ups: ~30 per minute, however many minutes you want
Best Mile Time: 7:46
Endurance: 4 Miles

Don't get discouraged if I have higher maxes than you at the moment! It seems as if you are improving greatly! And remember, I have been at this workout I have going for YEARS. You will get there, believe me. When I started, my bench limit was the bar with no weights (45 lbs).

Keep working at it man. I'm still working out at it because I want to beat my friend who is the same size as me except he's been working at it for 2 more years than me. He could get 185 bench but only once. He could get 160 x5 so I'm shooting after him! I'll get there soon enough

Take this as an encouraging challenge to get higher maxes than me ;)
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#172 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

I also lift, bro.

#173 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

I doth hoist

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#174 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

PVlacrosse14, you are huge for 14. What are your maxes?

#175 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

You seem like me except like a smaller, skinnier me. I'm 14, 6'1", and 203.6 lbs

It sounds like I'm fat and I am but I do have muscle, it's not all fat. My maxes are above yours but you are a much smaller guy.

Don't get discouraged if I have higher maxes than you at the moment! It seems as if you are improving greatly! And remember, I have been at this workout I have going for YEARS. You will get there, believe me. When I started, my bench limit was the bar with no weights (45 lbs).

Keep working at it man. I'm still working out at it because I want to beat my friend who is the same size as me except he's been working at it for 2 more years than me. He could get 185 bench but only once. He could get 160 x5 so I'm shooting after him! I'll get there soon enough

Thanks, but remember, you are like, twice my size...

My confidence is higher than ever, and I'm fully prepared to exceed your prs :) .

What's your body fat%/1RMs?

Edited by The Bacon Man, 16 August 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#176 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Thanks, but remember, you are like, twice my size...

My confidence is higher than ever, and I'm fully prepared to exceed your prs :) .

What's your body fat%/1RMs?
My body fat % is 21.2%... I'm a little chubby but as I said before, I'm to one of those all fat no muscle guys. The strongest part of my body are my shoulders and my back... In the gym there's a machine that works out your back and I'm up to 215 lbs on it. My shoulders are strong because I'm a lineman in football... It takes a lot to push away 300lb guys...

And I know your half my size, plus I've been working at it for about 4 years so keep going at it bro
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#177 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

My football coaches make us do some crazy conditioning and other stuff to teach us toughness, like crazy long planks. Totally payed off.  Just squeezed out 60 pushups, testing some other maxes (bodyweight only) tonight.  When I tested pushups a month ago I was down to 35 or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users